Club to join in Basildon area

Discussion in 'UK' started by Backinshape, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Backinshape

Backinshape New Member

train driver
    Hi
    I'm wondering if anybody can help me out. I am looking for a club to join in the basildon area. I am 40 and overweight and would like to get back into playing badminton again. This is due to ejoying playing and also to help me get back in shape and lose weight, in other words i am looking to play for fun....

2. Fzforze

Fzforze Regular Member

Chef
    Hey,
    There is an intermidiate adult club on mondays from 20:00 till 21:30 in festival lesuire park at David Lloyds in Basildon the adress is
    Pipps Hill Road Festival Leisure Park, Basildon, Essex SS14 3DG.
    There are 4 courts, feathered shuttles are used, between 10 - 16 people come per week myself included. Nearly all matches are doubles and the coach (Allison Pearson) who runs the session used to be within the top 10 Junior players in europe. Their is no training involved during the session but you can ask for private training with the coach if you would like to increase your badminton skills. Everyone is friendly and we always have good laughs.
    If you do decide to go once you get into the reception there is a sign in sheet that you will need to sign if you are not a David Lloyds member or you could just ask reception that you are here for the badminton session with Allison Pearson and they should let you in.
    It is £5 per session payed directly to the coach at the end.
    Hope to see you there. :)
    Olly