Aerotus 100...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Kelvin, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I know a few of us were fans of the Aerotus series, Kwun being one.
    Myself included.

However, do any of you remember the Aerotus 100 at all? whether it be the SP model or North American market version....

I believe this was one of the first instances that Yonex actually used a Titanium alloy in the racquets, is this not true???
    However, if I'm correct that racquet still retails for more than the heavily favored Aerotus 110.
    If I remember correctly the shaft was fairly flexible... and I do remember breaking my friends... the shaft over bent on my down swing, and snapped. :(
    I still feel pretty bad about that... anyways.

Anywho, my last question for all of you...
    If any of you liked, or used the Aerotus series at all, let me know what you thought of the products, as I'm trying to get a friend at Yonex Canada LTD to see if they can't import a few from Asia. ;)

Also tell me what model you liked. as well.
    thanks.

:) :( :eek: :D ;) :cool: :p :? :X

2. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    Aerotus... I try before Aerotus 77. It is quite good. The weight is well balanced and is quite light. I like it but it is not mine, it belongs to a stingy fatty friend of mine.
    I am only used it for 5 mins so cannot give a much detail of it. I think Aerotus 110 will be good. But why u importing, u mean u can't get it there ??? Then too bad cos here we have plenty and i can get it at low price as here Iso is more expensive than Aerotus series. Why is it called Aerotus ?? Is it becos of the Aerodynamic design ?? If it is true then Carbonex series are racquet made of Carbon, Ti series are racquets made with Titanium mesh, Iso series are racquets made of Iso head, Muscle Power series are made of Muscle Power Frame so do they have any racquet of combined force ??? MP100 ??? ISOTISP ???

3. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    Re: Aerotus 110...

Aerotus... I try before Aerotus 77. It is quite good. The weight is well balanced and is quite light. I like it but it is not mine, it belongs to a stingy fatty friend of mine.
    I am only used it for 5 mins so cannot give a much detail of it. I think Aerotus 110 will be good. But why u importing, u mean u can't get it there ??? Then too bad cos here we have plenty and i can get it at low price as here Iso is more expensive than Aerotus series. Why is it called Aerotus ?? Is it becos of the Aerodynamic design ?? If it is true then Carbonex series are racquet made of Carbon, Ti series are racquets made with Titanium mesh, Iso series are racquets made of Iso head, Muscle Power series are made of Muscle Power Frame so do they have any racquet of combined force ??? MP100 ??? ISOTISP ???

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    hehehe...
    You've caught on to Yonex's reason for naming the products.
    Like I said before, in Asia, you have many more older racquets still available that we don't have over here, so I'm bugging my friend at Yonex to import some for us. :)
    Even if it's a small quantity.

5. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Re: Aerotus 110...

THere are raquets that combine the different things that yonex uses. IE the carbonex 23 has a muscle power frame and is made out of carbon. and the MP100 uses an ISO head with a muscle power frame. so there u have it, yonex does combine technologies from other raquets to make one.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    kelvin, i dont think aerotus are durable as cabs or isometric.
    I had 2 widebody 30, 2 aerotus 80 and 1 aerotus 110, all broken.
    If u able to get yonex to import them to canada (make sure they are price competition as their cabs), then aerotus 110, and boron200 worth importing.

Aerotus 100 is a lemon IMO. k.chan had one and he broked it at 12 o clock (maybe from bad string job). My aerotus 80 broke at 12 o'clock too and was strung by the same stringer (it was a time before i started stringing). Back to aerotus 100, it was a dud, its silver paint chip off easily revealing the black underneath graphite in bloggey patches, it was so ugly. I bet previous owners who have aerotus 100 would be broken by now, his heart and his aerotus 100.

7. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Hehehe...

You know what you described was exactly the same things that happened to another friend of mine??
    Yeah I remember that Keith broke his... ugh... such a waste. :(
    You are correct on the point that they are definitely not durable racquets.

Yeah, I was trying to get my friend to get really nice low prices on them, but it sounds like if it ever did happen, it would be very very low quantity.
    Oh well.

Like you said, when it comes to durability, I don't think anything beats the Carbonex, also probably because it's one of Yonex's oldest line, if not the oldest line they still have in production! :)
    Long live Carbonex!