Which racket better? Voltric 70 or Arcsaber 8DX?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by seeded player, Jan 17, 2011.

1. seeded player

seeded player Regular Member

I going to get one racket soon, either a Voltric 70 or a Arcsaber 8DX. Which racket model should i get? Heard that Voltric 70 is fragile but not sure is it true.

Whats the prices in Singapore?
    Thanks.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    There is no clear answer possible. These are completely different rackets.
    The VT70 is midflex and headheavy and the AS 8dx is even balanced and very stiff.
    It all depends on your preferences and likings.
    It's impossible to figure out which is the better racket for you and at all.
    I held and swung both at a local store. The feel of the 8dx is in my opinion better and the stiff suits me but these are my feelings. The technologies of the 8dx sounds more useful as the sound filter of the VT70. But technogies don't count, only the perfomance.
    There is no rule to find the better on. One would choose the 8dx, others the VT70, but at all it depends on every players view.

3. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Yeah agree with ucantseeme, own 3 of the Arc 8dx and have played with the Voltric... so this may seem biased but Arc8dx is a lot better IMO. Voltric is head heavy but is surprisingly really manouverable around the court, but in terms of control the 8dx wins easily. I dunno about how fragile they are... i've been involved in a major clash with one of my arc 8dx and it took a chip of paint off but no cracks or anything; thats the only real down side with the 8dx, the paint chips quite easily. Voltric looks like it isn't very strong, i think the frame for the Arcsaber range is thicker than the non-tri voltage areas of the voltric, and arcsaber is thin already. But yea pick the racket based on this "The VT70 is midflex and headheavy and the AS 8dx is even balanced and very stiff."

4. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    What type of player are you? Offensive ? Defensive? Singles doubles and all that...

5. seeded player

Singles. All rounder.

6. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

Wizard / Chief Potato
    If it's singles... out of your 2 options i'd go for the Voltric, more power. 8dx isn't really a singles racket. Should try Armortec 900TorP if it's singles... Technique is good all round.

7. seeded player

Ok . thanks. Just wondering is it true that Voltric 70 is brittle. Cause from what i heard due to the new technology, the 3 points of the racket are fragile which can cause the racket to be damaged when clash with other rackets.
    What are the other rackets out there from Yonex that are for Singles?
    Thanks again.

8. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Hmmm honestly don't know about how brittle the frame is; I haven't heard of one snapping from a clash or mishit yet, but if it's singles you don't really have to worry about clashing. Ummm some good ones you can try... If it's headheavy then VT70, Armortec 900 Technique, Armortec 900 Power, Armortec 700. If you've got good power and want more control then these are good well balanced ones: Arcsaber 10, Arcsaber Z Slash (deff. try before you buy this one, might not like it), Arcsaber 8dx to name a few.
    You shouldn't limit yourself to Yonex, actually Victor and Li Ning make good rackets too. Good luck.

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I think that the Arcsaber 8dx can be a good singles racket, because it's even balance and in 2U available which speaks for a singles racket. It's close to the Arcsaber 10 which is an good singles racket.

10. seeded player

Ok thanks a lot.

11. justinpops

Sales Manager
    Since u are a singles player why afraid of clashes?

12. seeded player

I also play in doubles and sometimes when saving a smash, will sometimes hit the floor with the racket.

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I would recommend an Arc Saber 8 dx 3u. The feeling of it is in my opinion very good and was one of selection to buy. But a bought the Spira22 because Yonex Germany was unfriedly to me so I decided to boycott Yonex at this time. But don't get me wrong it was a hard decision not to buy the 8dx.

14. justinpops

Sales Manager

Hitting the floor is an accident and most racquets can't survive that kinda accidents.... anyway I think there's enough reviews here to let you make the decision or try and borrow both racquets from friends and swing them around. Easier to make the decision. I've tried both and ended up buying the Voltric.

Sorry, read that as after smashing the shuttle you will hit the floor lol. I slight scrape shouldnt be an issue with the frame. But Arc8dx has bad paint job.

#14 justinpops, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  15. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I recommend to go to Queensway as you can hold the racket and have a swing at it.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well assuming you're an intermediate or beginner, I'd recommend the Voltric. Most players with much experience know what suits them, and the 8DX is so hard to wield that only an experienced player with (very) good technique can use it to it's full potential as it's very stiff indeed. Being even balanced, it doesn't "help you" with swing-through or bending the shaft like a head-heavy racket.
    The V70 is definitely the more user-friendly racket of the two. Trying them both out is never a bad idea though :)