Head heavy racket for an intermediate player? (UK)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mattdanielc, Jan 19, 2011.

1. mattdanielc

mattdanielc New Member

Hi guys

I'm an intermediate player - I've played some club level players before and I can take them on - but generally just play with my friends (twice a week).

Anyway I did have the Carlton Airblade Elite but sadly the strings broke and I decided it was time to get a new racket. I bought a new Carlton but it was 'head light' and soon found I couldn't play with this - all my power had gone. So I borrowed my friends 'head heavy' racket and my old power came back - it was great.

So that has led to me looking for a new racket again - head heavy and ideally with a stiff flex as that's what I'm used to. Checking Carlton's website I've found the following rackets, but the most ideal one is the Carlton Vapour Trail Elite - which is expensive at over £100 when like I said I just play with friends - ideally I'd pay just £50 ish. Sadly though it's the only one I can find that is head heavy.

Carltons:

carlton airblade tour (within ideal budget)

carlton vapour trail elite

carlton air rage tour

Does anyone have any suggestions? Like I said I want a head heavy racket with stiff flex. But I'm just worried buying an expensive racket at over £100 is overkill for someone at my level??

Thanks for any advice :)

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    If the strings just broke why not restring it, because if you're going to buy a racket it has to be around £75 to upgrade since your last one was already 50ish. Did you also determine the flex of your friends racket and the flex of the new racket you bought?

3. mattdanielc

mattdanielc New Member

Thanks for the reply.

My racket needed replacing anyway - the grip had gone - and the rim of the racket was so badly dinted etc that I was planning on getting a new one anyway eventually.

Yep the flex of the one I borrowed was 'medium' and my awful head light racket is 'flexible'

Definitely prefer stiff though (like my old one)

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The Victor Super Waves 35 is a good headheavy and stiff monster. If you are from UK you can get now a nice deal at a german onlinestore. You can get it for 89 GBP include shipping costs. It's an amazing price. It is strung too with VS 850 which performs very well. It's the best attacking racket which I tried and is a powerhorse.

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The SW 35 is a nice racket. But surely it is expensive in UK, no?
    I would second demolidor's idea on the SOTX Woven 7. It has the specs you're asking for, and ought to be affordable.

7. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech