User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HE also said taufik invited him to play..so he decided to play in the league..
    Good for him also as a 'PRO'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the article has not been posted in this thread :

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday January 24, 2011
    No conditions imposed on Hafiz for leaving BAM before contract expires
    REPORTS By RAJES PAUL PIX By S.S. KANESAN and M. AZHAR ARIF

MOHD Hafiz Hashim (pic) has taken up an offer to play in the Indonesian league after the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) accepted his resignation from the national elite squad without imposing any conditions.
    The former All-England champion, whose game has stagnated for the last few years, was relieved that the BAM Council at their meeting yesterday gave him the green light to let him continue his badminton career as an independent player.

“This is really good news for me,” said Hafiz, who declared that he wanted out of the BAM after losing to Chen Long of China in the first round of the Malaysia Open last Wednesday.

A day later, he submitted an official letter of resignation but feared that he would be suspended by the BAM because he had a contract to run with the association until the 2012 London Olympics.
    Last year, back-up shuttler Tan Chun Seang was suspended from competing in international tournaments for two years for quitting when he still had a contract to run with the BAM. Chun Seang retracted his resignation and he is currently in the national set-up.

The BAM president, Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, said that Hafiz had contributed a lot to the country and accepted his resignation without any conditions.

”He is also at the tailend of his career and we decided to part in a good way. I am sure that Hafiz will oblige if he is required for national duty,” he said.

Hafiz, who is now ranked at No. 21 in the world, now has to chart his own fortunes, especially in seeking a fresh start to qualify for the London Olympics.

“I have been invited to play in the Indonesia League. Even Taufik (Hidayat) has called me to take part. Now that I am a free agent, I have decided to feature in the league (scheduled for Feb 19-27 in Jakarta),” he said.
    Hafiz will also play in the National Grand Prix Finals, which will be held in Kuala Terengganu from Feb 16-19.

“My resignation from the national team takes effect on Feb 1 and I will play under the BAM banner for the last time in the South Korea Open,” said Hafiz before leaving for Seoul yesterday.

“When I return, I will look for new sponsors and a club to play for.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once again good luck to Hashim in KO and in the future ~~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up No conditions imposed on Hafiz for leaving BAM before contract expires

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Since the article has not been posted in this thread :

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday January 24, 2011
    No conditions imposed on Hafiz for leaving BAM before contract expires
    REPORTS By RAJES PAUL PIX By S.S. KANESAN and M. AZHAR ARIF

MOHD Hafiz Hashim (pic) has taken up an offer to play in the Indonesian league after the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) accepted his resignation from the national elite squad without imposing any conditions.
    The former All-England champion, whose game has stagnated for the last few years, was relieved that the BAM Council at their meeting yesterday gave him the green light to let him continue his badminton career as an independent player.

“This is really good news for me,” said Hafiz, who declared that he wanted out of the BAM after losing to Chen Long of China in the first round of the Malaysia Open last Wednesday.

A day later, he submitted an official letter of resignation but feared that he would be suspended by the BAM because he had a contract to run with the association until the 2012 London Olympics.
    Last year, back-up shuttler Tan Chun Seang was suspended from competing in international tournaments for two years for quitting when he still had a contract to run with the BAM. Chun Seang retracted his resignation and he is currently in the national set-up.

The BAM president, Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, said that Hafiz had contributed a lot to the country and accepted his resignation without any conditions.

”He is also at the tailend of his career and we decided to part in a good way. I am sure that Hafiz will oblige if he is required for national duty,” he said.

Hafiz, who is now ranked at No. 21 in the world, now has to chart his own fortunes, especially in seeking a fresh start to qualify for the London Olympics.

“I have been invited to play in the Indonesia League. Even Taufik (Hidayat) has called me to take part. Now that I am a free agent, I have decided to feature in the league (scheduled for Feb 19-27 in Jakarta),” he said.
    Hafiz will also play in the National Grand Prix Finals, which will be held in Kuala Terengganu from Feb 16-19.

“My resignation from the national team takes effect on Feb 1 and I will play under the BAM banner for the last time in the South Korea Open,” said Hafiz before leaving for Seoul yesterday.

“When I return, I will look for new sponsors and a club to play for.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports
    Just wondering...

Why the BAM president, Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, said that Hafiz had contributed a lot to the country and accepted his resignation without any conditions, but Misbun's resignation wasn't accepted?
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-24-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think because hafiz has maxed out his contribution as he himself succinctly put it in the above article and BAM seems to agree. misbun, on the hand wants to leave with job not complete and BAM still believes he has much more to contribute..... hence the conflict
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Just wondering...

Why the BAM president, Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, said that Hafiz had contributed a lot to the country and accepted his resignation without any conditions, but Misbun's resignation wasn't accepted?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will enjoy cold weather in Korea... may be after losing in 1st round, he will go shopping for Korea jingseng

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As expected, Habiz Hashim lost to the German guy Marc Zwiebler in the 1st round... 21-16 21-13... This will be his last match under BAM flag... bye bye Yoyo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    As expected, Habiz Hashim lost to the German guy Marc Zwiebler in the 1st round... 21-16 21-13... This will be his last match under BAM flag... bye bye Yoyo...
    It is really sad. I liked him before, his playing style is just so relaxed but also so detailed and pin point. He was the upcoming player, He beat datuk a few times.... now i dont know what is he doing or going on in his mind.. i wish i have the opportunity like he did..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    It is really sad. I liked him before, his playing style is just so relaxed but also so detailed and pin point. He was the upcoming player, He beat datuk a few times.... now i dont know what is he doing or going on in his mind.. i wish i have the opportunity like he did..
    He will focus on INA league...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    He will focus on INA league...
    Water still runs deep man.. i dont know what motivation there would be for him??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    Water still runs deep man.. i dont know what motivation there would be for him??
    May be he needs a new environment... a new challenge... Not sure how he can survive if he failed to find sponsorships... It's not like he will win many matches in INA leagues and bag the big money there....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think Hafiz will have problem finding sponsor if more unknown players can get sponsor.

After all, hafiz is weell known in msia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if Apacs willing to sponsor KBH , why not some one fork out the $$$ for Habis ?? ~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let him belah lah. Only when there's a good result like reaching semis we talk about him. Else waste of time. Even qtr final also tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow.... cold as the korean winter
    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    let him belah lah. Only when there's a good result like reaching semis we talk about him. Else waste of time. Even qtr final also tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup. especially when you are given so many donkey years of chances... lol. Some are treated worst than him. So, can count his blessing lah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For hafiz, it is important to do the fundamentals right, like stamina, speed, strokes, smash, net and defence. So many unforced errors.

When you can even get the fundamental right, no point playing riskier fancy games. Becomes a laughing stock for opponents. Hope this helps a little in making his return, if he really means it.

He and the backup doubles should really be honest with themselves on the effort. I don't think the coaches can help much from now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast