now hafiz wants to quit BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

the results from the MO is not very encouraging at all for malaysian badminton. perhaps this is the perfect time to bail.. anyone else?

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    That is what I just heard. He is magnanimous in saying that by opting out of BAM the money saved on him can then be put to better use to train the junior players. This is very generous of him and it will certainly benefit the junior players.

3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL this is very entertaining... Msia's badminton is certainly full of suspends and gossips... just like Hollywood...

Now our No.1 MD pair lost in 1st round to an unknown pair from CHN... boleh?

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

When Hafiz said he wants to quit BAM? He just said a couple days ago that he will stay until he retires, no going independent thingy.

Edit : I found the link. The latest, after Hafiz lost to Chen Long :
    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/39hafizzz/Article

'Contented' Hafiz wants new challenge

2011/01/20

HAFIZ Hashim wants to quit the national squad but the BA of Malaysia (BAM) refuses to let him go.
    Hafiz, 29, said he doesn't have the heart remain with BAM anymore and feels the allocation being spent on him can be better used to expose younger players.

Hafiz said he has already let his sentiments known to BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai during last year's Christmas break.

However, BAM wants him to remain in the national squad as the other singles players are still lagging but Hafiz believes he will be more motivated if he becomes an independent player.

And he is desperate for BAM's consent as he is contracted to the national team until the end of 2012.

Hafiz, who has been heavily criticised for his form, finally opened up after suffering a 21-14, 21-16 defeat to Chen Long of China yesterday.

"I want to leave BAM and spoke to Chin Chai about this last year but the association wants me to stay. I don't have the heart anymore and it is better for BAM to spend the money and time they are investing on me on other players," said Hafiz.

"Even if I play in 14 tournaments this year, the results are not going to be any different and I need a different environment altogether.

"I know I can enjoy a decent living by being part of the national team but this has made me contented and I don't have the urge to battle anymore.

"I must break away from this before I dread attending training and I want BAM's blessings before I tender my quit letter.

"I can join a local club or even look elsewhere where I can be attached to clubs and secure my own sponsors.

"I can do this freely only if BAM releases me as I don't want to face any disciplinary action. BAM is a good place for young players but I am already 29 and I don't think I can continue like this."

Chin Chai admitted that Hafiz has spoken to him on the matter and he had asked the shuttler to reconsider the move.

"Hafiz spoke to me just before Christmas on his intentions to leave but it was nothing official. I asked him to reconsider the move," said Chin Chai.

"Hafiz trained hard to prepare for the Malaysia Open and probably the disappointment of losing today (yesterday) could have made him announce his decision.

"If he really wants to leave BAM, he must write to us and we will seriously consider his request. If he can send in the letter before BAM's council meeting on Sunday, the matter can be resolved then,"

"He has been very fair to BAM nd the country and we will definitely consider his decision."

Hafiz also confirmed that his decision has nothing to do with Misbun Sidek's resignation and he doesn't want to rejoin Nusa Mahsuri if BAM gives the greenlight for him to leave.

#4 eaglehelang, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Today is the 19th of the month, just wait till the end of the month and the paycheck does not come, and HH will say you all get it all wrong cos' HH is 'misquoted':D, blame it on the media:p

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Maybe this is what LCW meant when he said several players also not happy with the committee. Wonder who's next, other than Datuk Lee, should be a few more,;)

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I personally think that going independent will serve the interests of those players who feel that they have not performed well in the national team. Tommy Sugiarto is an example. He chose to quit PBSI and became an independent player. Believe it or not, he has slowly climbed the rankings table to be ranked close enough to players like Sony or Simon.

Alamsyah is another player who blossom after he was "kicked" out of PBSI 2 years ago. Since then, he has won several titles, including the India Open GPG and India IC titles in 2010; titles which were not possible if he was still in PBSI.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As a player, a change of environment is obviously needed when you feel that your performance has stagnated! I applaud Hafiz's courage for going out to be an independent player. I think he will have that extra motivation to perform better because only results will count when you want to secure sponsorships from corporations or clubs.

9. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

judging from that newspaper article (above).... that is a very diplomatic way to end a relationship.. very elegantly worded, designed not to offend or burn bridges...kudos to both hafiz and chin chai, classy indeed.

yes as the song goes.. the times they're a changin'....yes things must change in malaysian badminton... unless we want to be same as our football (who is improving), a world ranking slightly above india...142 vs 144 i think. (no offense to india). wait.... are we ranked above india in bwf?

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Agree, win-win on both sides, excellent way to part

11. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
  12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Now, I am starting to admire him on this decision. He has turn over a new leaf. ;) Bagus. ;)

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Hafiz did said early 2010 he wanna leave BAM at the end of 2010 & now he is 1 month overdue...

Hafiz is truly a man of words!

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

related article

Thursday January 20, 2011
    Ewe Hock: Give clubs a bigger role

FORMER international Ong Ewe Hock has returned home after coaching a club in Taiwan for one-and-half months.

And yesterday, he urged the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to seriously consider giving clubs a bigger role to play in promoting the game.

The 39-year-old Ewe Hock said that a decentralised training system would help to create a wider pool of players for the nation.

“Two of my club players are here (for the Malaysia Open). In Taiwan, the clubs are the livewires for badminton. The best from these club are invited by the national association to play in international tournaments,” he said.

On what he has been doing since leaving the BAM set-up in 2003, Ewe Hock said: “I was coaching for a while before going into a health product business. I am also trying to establish my own sport equipment product.

“I am happy to see so many new sponsors in the market now. It is good for the sport.”

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Kudos Hafiz... you are doing the right thing. He has even admitted that he has no desire because he can rest on his laurels in the team and there was no point staying. Hence his ridiculous results.

16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Another.

Park Joo Bong knows when he has overstayed his welcome:

You can count on it that he wont return to Msia.

Thursday January 20, 2011

Japan’s coach Joo-bong faces a snag at the Olympics

DOUBLES legend Park Joo-bong wants to end his coaching with Japan with the country winning a first Olympic badminton medal at the Games in London next year.

But a new format of competition is expected to make his job even tougher. The competition will be played in two stages – group and elimination round.

The singles players will be divided into 16 groups of three to four players each. And the group winners will go into the elimination round in a draw pre-determined by the World Badminton Federation (BWF). For example, the winner of Group A will take the winner of Group B.

In the doubles, the pairs will be divided into four groups of a maximum of four each. The top two advance to the knockout stage, also in a pre-determined draw.

Joo-bong said that he had mixed responses to the new format.

“It’s always exciting to try out a new format. But it certainly put the less fancied teams at a disadvantage,” said the former Olympic champion for South Korea.

“In the past, a player makes the trip to the Olympics but goes home after playing only one match if he loses. The new format gives a player at least two matches in the group stage. It makes his trip to the Olympics more worthwhile.

“But having said that, there will not be a shock or surprise element anymore. A top player, who loses his first group match still has the chance to recover.

“This favours the more established players. And players from teams like Japan will have to keep their performances at a high level all the time.”

Joo-bong took up the job in Japan in 2004 and he felt that his time with the team was coming to an end.

“Japan have never won a medal in Olympic badminton and it is my dream to see them win at least a bronze in the London Games.”

“I have not decided on my future plans but I would like to go back home (South Korea). But I will still be open to a coaching job with another country (he has had stints with England and Malaysia).”

The London Games from July 27-Aug 12 next year are expected to feature 172 players (86 men and 86 women) from more than 50 countries. The one-year qualifying period begins in May.

© 1995-2011 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

“This defeat by Chen Long showed that my game has stagnated and I am going nowhere. The public already have a wrong perception of me.
    “What is the point to stay in the national team when I keep losing in the early rounds. Do they still want to keep me if I lose early in the South Korea Open next week and then at the All-England?

very well said, hafiz..;)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    why bam dont just let people go?

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hafiz comments certainly made ppl like Nazmi or Ng feel very awkward at this moment.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Chin Chai admitted that Hafiz has spoken to him on the matter and he had asked the shuttler to reconsider the move.

This is really weird. The man wants to leave for the sake of his own career and for the sake of young players in BAM. And you still persuade him to reconsider the move?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.