first 4 main strings are too loose

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by m451h, Jan 21, 2011.

1. m451h

m451h Regular Member

Hi every1,

i am a beginner stringer and have strung about 6-7 rackets, i use the 'yonex method' of stringing.

i have noticed that i incure a big problem in my first 4 main strings, as they seem to be very low tension compared to the rest. i do not have a consistant way start to clamp.

how do you start off and in what procedure do you clamp first 4 mains????

all comments will be appreciated

2. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    I use the starting pin method and 4 flying clamps, although it is possible to use as little as two. I also usually add about a pound for the middle 8 strings (which are covered by the screw down mount on my machine) to counteract all the farting about with the clamps.

In a little more detail, i double pull the first two strings to desired tension, then clamp together at the top - basically that first pull tensions the string from the clamp upwards, i'll then tension one side of the centre pair and clamp to the starting pin string. Make sure your clamps are as close to the frame as possible. For the third pull, if you have enough clamps, clamp a new one right next to the bottom clamp, or move the top clamp down if you only have the pair. I tension the first 4 to the left side of the centre, then the right 4, then i go left/right all the way out to the edge.

If you're unfamiliar with the starting pin technique, it's in the klipper M140 sticky at the top of this forum.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'm assuming you have no fixed clamps - have a look at this.