Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

LD is injured...

Saturday January 22, 2011

Chong Wei checks into semis but showdown with Chinese star is off

REPORTS By RAJES PAUL PIX: S.S. Kanesan and M. Azhar Arif

TOP singles stars Lee Chong Wei and Taufik Hidayat were all smiles after checking into the semi-finals of the Proton Malaysia Open in great styles but the no show antics of Lin Dan have left them befuddled.
    Yesterday, top seed and six-time home Open champion Chong Wei had to fend off a strong challenge from a gutsy Nguyen Tien Minh of Vietnam before regaining his momentum to troop home a 21-15, 21-16 winner.
    But the passionate home fans’ hopes to see a semi-final clash between Chong Wei and Lin Dan will not materialise.
    The three-time world champion conceded a walkover to Chen Long of China yesterday due to a back injury.
    The tournament referee Jane Wheatley of Australia confirmed that a medical test conducted by a Malaysian doctor yesterday certified that Lin Dan was not fit to play.
    “Lin Dan was getting ready for today’s play during a morning training session but he suffered a recurrence of an old injury on his left abdominal area,” she said.
    “He was advised to forgo the match and take proper rest. It is a pity he will miss the match.”
    It was the third time in a row that Lin Dan had walked out on his opponents in the Super Series event with the same problem.
    He did the same against Tien Minh at the China Open and against Chen Long at the Hong Kong Open.
    Earlier, China withdrew their player Liu Xin from the quarter-final match against team-mate Jiang Yanjiao in the women’s singles event.
    They cited a toe injury for the withdrawal. While the news were forwarded to the tournament referee, China’s men doubles players had already started warming up for their match on the same court, leaving their South Korean opponents, who were in the dark over the withdrawal, at a disadvantage.
    Chong Wei, who had Misbun Sidek sitting on the coach’s chair yesterday, was left dumbfounded by Lin Dan’s exit.
    “All the fans had waited for a semi-final match between Lin Dan and me but it is not happening. I am sure the fans will be upset but I cannot do anything about it,” said Chong Wei.
    “Maybe the BWF should look into this. But then, what can the world body do if a player does not want to play? He said that he is injured but it could be a tactical ploy.”
    On his match against Chen Long today: “Chen Long will be fresh after having a good one day’s rest. He is quite aggressive and I will have to be ready.
    “Today, Tien Minh did well to break my attacking rhythm in the opening game and took an 11-8 lead. Fortunately, I changed tactics to stay on top of my game.
    “I have to be in the same mode tomorrow,” he added.
    Taufik was more daring in his criticism against Lin Dan and said the China’s superstar’s withdrawal for the third time in a row raises many questions.
    The former Olympic champion had staved off a commendable challenge from Japan’s Tago Kenichi before prevailing with a 21-15, 21-15 win to set up a meeting with compatriot Simon Santoso.
    “I am not sure how serious his injury is but I find it very unsporting for him to concede a walkover,” said Taufik.
    “It is high time that BWF look into this matter because it is not good for the sport. Maybe, they should prevent him from going to back-to-back tournaments if he skips one.”

China’s coach Xia Xuanze said that Lin Dan would make the trip to the US$1.2mil South Korea Open next week.
    “He has aggravated the same injury that saw him walking out of the China and Hong Kong Opens. We will monitor his progress,” said Xuanze who is the 2003 world champion.

#1 xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. mohawken

mohawken Regular Member

imo this is why while the chinese players keep on grabbing medals after medals in the game, they dont get the same international support from the fans. surely the chinese people still luv them and i guess that's all it matter to these players. they seem to become gold grabbing machines by deploying strategies like this on the tournament and not on the individual games. i remember seeing a post after AG2010 that LD admires how Taufik can "enjoy the game" and that he can't do it because he has to carry the burden of winning tournaments for his country. well i guess a withdraw here can be help to China MS for CL to face LCW and gain some good experience, while LD goes for the big title (and $$$) in the korean open (a "premier" SS).

personally i'd like to see clashes between players on court ... and LD has not given us chance to see this for the past three SS (come on, who really believes he's had recurring injury on all three tournaments? china has no healthy player to send to SS and has to risk their olympic ace?)

wonder how chen long feels going into the sf match against lcw when he knows he's at physical advantage granted by his teammate..

3. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    Haters is still haters forever,,,,, still blame LIN DAN ?? than blame on that Malaysian Doctor,,,,, she/he's the one who certified that LIN DAN was not fit to play....

if that Doctor said LIN DAN was Fit to play,, than LIN DAN must play,,, but that MALAYSIAN doctor said he cannot play,,, than why still blame LIN DAN ????

so the main problem here is LIN DAN haters don't BELIEVE that DOCTOR

hmmm,,, with a resumed from a professional doctor from Malaysia,,, those hatters still blame LIN DAN,,,,if that Doctor is from CHINA,,, than we might think that there's a conspiracy,, BUT Heloooo that Doctor is from MALAYSIA not China....

LIN DAn is not a robot,, He's just a human being .....

I hope that LIN DAN will Get Well soon and WIN KOREA OPEN next week.....

LIN DAN Jiaaaaaaaaaa Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    CHINA TEAM Jia Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

LOVE CHINA TEAM FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!

4. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    i forgot to add this ;
    THAT MALAYSIAN DOCTOR is the one who Advised LIN DAN to forgo the match....

btw,, the thread tittle should be LIN DAN and not LID DAN...

5. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

With a quote like LINDAN JIA YOU!!!! we are suppose to take you seriously and unbiased. HAHAHAHAHAHA. This is the one thing that Lin dan ass kisses always does to me, they just crack up me up. HAHAHAHAHA

6. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    lol! maybe that doctor didnt want LCW to lose to LD and thats why he ask LD to forgo the match. To avoid another embarassing defeat for LCW... hehehe :p

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haters or not haters
    no matter what reason he walkover
    the spectator will slowly disrespect lin dan
    because this is not once or twice
    but thrice consecutive

8. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Hahahahaha. Good job. Hahahaha.

9. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    title change to more appropriate sense.

thanks.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So let me understand this:

He has an old abdominal injury that has come up again, and this is serious enough that he has been allowed to withdraw from the game and the tournament.

But the injury is apparently not serious enough that it will not heal in time for him to play at the Korean Open, just 3-4 days from now. An abdominal injury that he has suffered, will now heal within 3 days, and he will be declared fit for the next tournament, without any practise (because of his injury, see?)

Interesting. Curious. Obviously Lin Dan has great powers of recuperation. Almost like magic.

Even more interesting and curious: about 90% of all withrawals and walkovers in the past 6 omnths have involved China players, and about half of these cases curiously, happen when they are up against other China players.

What a coincidence!

11. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

I've written about this before. The China BA does not care about the good of the sport. Its about OG12. They want to have 3 MS players to maximise chance of getting the gold. They are pushing CL to the fore as he is the only playyer from the younger ranks who can make top 4 by the end of the olympic qualifying period. We are going to see more of these pull out in volving higher rank player giving the lower rank a nudge to the top. So they want LD, CJ and CL to play. WZM is still raw and even if he can show some good result LYB wont risk the MS gold with WZM. BCL would still be paying to make sure two Chinese players would meet in early rounds.

So enjoy your badminton with players from other nations. The Chinese have shown time and time again they dont care about the spectators its all about national glory.

LCW should nt complain about LD's departure. ENjoy the game and make some money.

12. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I think Lin Dan don't care anymore, as he has won most of the major titles. And he has also marry his long-time gal friend Xie xinfang.

13. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

happen once pity me....if happens twice shame on you...if it happens thrice shame on me...
    BWF should investigate, if its true, there should prior prevention doctors should check on a player before a tournament.
    if its true then this borders on arrogance and disrespect. there is no excuse for a whole nation to do this

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LD was fine and in top form in this tournament, there is no reported injury till QF, then WO occured. It could be a match fix, fake injury, real injury, yadayada...the point is the malaysian doc approved the medical leave and BWF approved the WO...unlike previous incidence of WO where LYB openly admitted he set it up. I think when that Boleh doc went back to MAS, he/she should be interviewed and interrogated CIA style:D:p

15. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    After all, China is still a communist country. They don't care about anything other than national glory aka the country's face. They don't give a damn to the badminton lovers, fans.. not even to the badminton itself.

16. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    An old injury on his left abdominal area.... Did they have CT scan on the spot to confirm the injury? Even with the CT scan, this kind of injury is not easily detected..... I mean, 3 times in a row and all involved Chinese players.... What a fxxking joke.

17. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    IMHO maybe they want LD to play in the early stages at MO11(less money, lower SS, OG12 pointing) as a warming up for the KO11 only...not until the game getting more serious in the letter stages that higher chances of tiredness, wasting concentration energy(better invest in KO11), avoid injury??, and letting young players(CL) get more exprerience against very top player (LCW) for OG12??...this can be pure motive..btw we dont know if the M'sian doctor's assesment ist honest or fishy ($$$)
    the best judgement is let see how the injury would be in KO11...I bet the injury will be accidently gone...

p/s: my opinions are baseless from a disappoinment feeling..:D:D:D...BUT it could be true....

18. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Any of you who believe that somehow a doctor's examination of an abdominal injury somehow gives verification is totally naieve. All the doctor has to go on is the word of the patient. This is one more reason why badminton players should be forced to play as professionals. For one you remove silly national interests from the game (or at least, reduce it's influence). Second, if a player is paying their own expenses they will be more hesitant about throwing matches or giving up. It would also go a long way in reducing other issues such as that circus going on with the Malyasian team.

19. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Spot on, though I would point out that it hasn't been confined to just the last 3 times. This crap has been going on for a few years now. These guys are a cancer.

20. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    China is working on its super league... and guess what.. it's also controlled by Li Yong Bo... I mean.. it's totally strange.