Adidas badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ieim_17, Jan 23, 2011.

1. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    goodsports_g17186.jpg

G16008_b.jpg

Saw this on internet and already ordered the 1st one.

Anyone ever used these Adidas badminton shoes?

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

They have passed by here yes but haven't heard of anyone using them yet(?) ...

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ota-Pictures&p=1564229&viewfull=1#post1564229
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-Yonex-shoes&p=1393180&viewfull=1#post1393180

I think there might be a 3rd generation already as I saw Reiko wearing yet another pair with 3 almost horizontal stripes which the new adidas models seem to have. Let us know your findings [​IMG]. Have been thinking of ordering but no idea whether they are wide or narrow and they only seem to be released in Japan and perhaps through import in China.
    Didn't Reiko used to use the 2E Mizuno Wavecross? That had me thinking these can't be all that wide.

:D Now that I read it: Sealman should have them but no review/feedback yet ...

#2 demolidor, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Thanks demolidor for reminding me :)

In Singapore the white/red model has been discontinued but the white/blue model is still available. I bought a pair which was half size bigger than my usual yonex size. Found the shoes quite cushioned in spite of the hard outsoles. I paid under S$100 which imho is a good buy and its a refreshing change from the usual brands.

http://www.togj.com/item/446202/

Threads from demolidor:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-Yonex-shoes&p=1393180&viewfull=1#post1393180

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Kumiko-Ogura-and-Reiko-Shiota-Pictures/page53

#3 Sealman, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    I like the non-marking feature on adidas shoes.......played with adidas futsal shoes before and it didnt produce annoying marking sound(annoying for me) like yonex shoes.

and I find that my adidas futsal shoes actually has a better grip than yonex`s shoes..........hope that this model gives good grip too

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    demolidor, do you know the model of this pair of adidas shoes worn by Reiko Shiota? :)

Photo taken by Cheung at the 2011 HK Open
    [​IMG]

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

They are the "Adizero BD Feather W" (W for Women); these are indeed the ones I was referring to in post #2 as the 3rd generation ones. They seem to have been released around the globe in the mean while. Actually was searching for them as well a few months ago and found them online in shops in Canada, Switzerland, Spain, UK, etc. Size seems to be the same as the older models and on Rakuten is recommended 1 size up compared to normal width (or rather 0.5cm up).

20110719_2252241.jpg

There are the ones Ikeda is wearing now (and I wanted to get; he was still wearing the black ones back then):

thumb_U42001_F_439x462.jpg

And before in the other colourway:

thumb_G51974_F_439x462.jpg

#6 demolidor, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Thanks demolidor. They look more like trainers/tennis shoes to me but they look good! Will look out for this model in Singapore :)

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[video=youtube;heHzqgsq6h0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heHzqgsq6h0&feature=related[/video]

:D Thanks for bumping this thread back up, seeing them again I must have them, even if I can't use them :p. Alternatively one of the Czech players (Petr Koukal) is using the Adizero CC7 or 3. They are only 289gr. actual weight in one of the YouTube vids, not sure which size though. Listed specs have them at 300gr. (pair on the left is white/orange/black)

[​IMG]

#8 demolidor, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  9. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

These actually look pretty cool!

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @demolidor
    Do you want to buy Adizero BD Feather purple in color, the one that is worn by reiko now?

11. Renmazuo27

Where can you get the red and black ones?

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Hahaha :p, the blue ones (as worn in the vid) that Shintaro Ikeda is wearing at the moment but I already wanted when he was still wearing the black ones ... Only he has black laces in them I've just noticed, no wonder they didn't look as interesting as I pictured. Needs the yellow laces [​IMG] (or perhaps alternatively white ones).

125788743.jpg

In Europe they are mostly sold at handball stores (online). The vid mistakenly titled "BT" instead of BD for badminton, likewise the CC7/5/3 model's full name is Adizero HB CC7/5/3 with HB for HandBall ...

#12 demolidor, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @demolidor
    Oh that shoes.. it is a good looking shoes..

I think i have a strange taste... I prefer the shoes that worn by Reiko...i like the model, but purple color, make me looks feminine on court...I wish adidas came out with the same model but change the color from mild purple into dark purple or blue...However if i come across that shoe & after wear it, i don't look that feminine.. heck i gonna buy it...

14. Renmazuo27

Thanks demolidor! I'll check it out

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Oh I don't think it is strange taste :D. It looks very nice as well, will look good with a black outfit, only since it is the women's model it could be even more narrow and also the biggest size is too small (42 or 42.5 I think). SHB101 for ladies (SHB101LX) was also a nice looking colour ...

Looks like I made mistake there (since I couldn't find the stuff I found yesterday :D). It should actually be "BT" for some reason outside of Japan whereas in Japan it is named "BD" :rolleyes:. Should get you a lot more hits ;)[​IMG]

#15 demolidor, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @demolidor
    haha... your post about SHB 101LX reminds me a lot of what i did last year.. I went into badminton shop to give myself a pair of badminton shoes. I was in hard decision to purchase either SHB 101LX or SHB 100LX. The shop lady told me that it is better for a person who want to wear this shoes to try it prior purchase, so ask your friend to try it. She thought i wanted to buy it for a friend of mine, and i said i am the one that wanna wear it, then with a strange face she asked me what size did i need :p :p. However, my size was not available for that type of shoes they only have 41 in stock whereas my size is larger than that, it is a pretty sad story but funny in a way :D :D

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Found this model available in a number of shops in Queensway Shopping centre, Singapore.

The retail price is S$99 and it cost S$74 after discount. Was so tempted to get it :p

18. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Sealman: got the Red/Black ver? Which stores specifically? Tempted to check it out... :D

19. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Nope only the blue/lime version is available. You can check out the stores on the ground level eg Sportshop2000, Alternative Sports etc.

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @Sealman

Have you tried it out?

I am so tempted to get it too... however i am not in Singapore..

#20 Licin, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011