User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 252
  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Always go by the UK/manufacturer size. I use 45.5 EUR Victor (=29.5cm, 11,5UK) and 46 2/3 Adidas (=11,5UK). Although they are a bit roomy in some situations....I might have spoken too soon, actually. Yesterday's and Tuesday's singles matches were absolute nightmares, and in part due to the shoes. Had no trouble in doubles, though. Timing is still a little bit off (which is notice much more in singles as I'm not a particularly quick mover but have a very big range which I use well in doubles, having to move less as a result, but can't use so much in singles as I have to cover a whole lot more court.)

    Cushioning still feels kinda 'cloudy' (or spongy). Hope I get used to it, as it really is a good shoe and I'd like to use it. Should also be easier on the joints than the 9000ACE.

    Aditough is apparently not so tuff, after all First layer scraped off already (the shiny looking plastic seems to be all about looks rather than actual toughness).
    This is the first time I've seen a shoe size with 2/3 listed with a whole number. So your shoes actually say 46 2/3? When you say 11,5, you mean 11.5 right? I've never seen a comma used in a situation like that before.

  2. #121
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I assure you those things are correct. The EUR Adidas sizes go up by 2/3 instead of .5. And here in Germany, we use the metric system and commas with decimals, not dots. UK size is 11.5 for the messy unorganized countries :P

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I assure you those things are correct. The EUR Adidas sizes go up by 2/3 instead of .5. And here in Germany, we use the metric system and commas with decimals, not dots. UK size is 11.5 for the messy unorganized countries :P
    Thank you for the clarification.

    Man, I'm stuck in a very difficult position. I have no way of testing out the shoes prior to ordering. I'm afraid of getting the wrong size. I can't think of any other way to further improve the odds that I'll get the right size. You got any suggestions?

  4. #123
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Stick with your usual UK size. Just had a look for confirmation - all my shoes are 11.5 UK. The 46 Yonex, the 45.5 Victor, the 46 2/3 adidas. All fit well, with the Yonex and adidas being a tad more roomy (which isn't too bad - this way I don't have to go through 1-2 weeks of pain )

  5. #124
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Stick with your usual UK size. Just had a look for confirmation - all my shoes are 11.5 UK. The 46 Yonex, the 45.5 Victor, the 46 2/3 adidas. All fit well, with the Yonex and adidas being a tad more roomy (which isn't too bad - this way I don't have to go through 1-2 weeks of pain )
    What about the CM size /JP sizes? All the same as well?

  6. #125
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    29.5cm for the adidas/Victor, 30.0 for the Yonex. Not sure though if 29.5 might not fit me as well there...but so far, I've always played with 46/30.0/11.5UK, all 9 pairs If I were to order Yonex again, I'd sure try a smaller size, but that's a very unlikely scenario

  7. #126
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    j4ckie,

    MBS still isn't carrying Adidas shoes yet, but SH is. However, their site list the sizes in Japanese. I don't know how they translate into UK or US sizes.

    Furthermore, are you aware of any other shoes that have a similar fit to the BT Feather? I suppose if there is a popular shoe out there that is available globally, I can then go out and try them out to get an even greater impression of which size will ultimately fit me. I hate buying shoes online in general just because sizes vary amongst the brands out there. I could sure use your help since you clearly have more experience with badminton shoes than me!

  8. #127
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,148
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    j4ckie,

    MBS still isn't carrying Adidas shoes yet, but SH is. However, their site list the sizes in Japanese. I don't know how they translate into UK or US sizes.

    Furthermore, are you aware of any other shoes that have a similar fit to the BT Feather? I suppose if there is a popular shoe out there that is available globally, I can then go out and try them out to get an even greater impression of which size will ultimately fit me. I hate buying shoes online in general just because sizes vary amongst the brands out there. I could sure use your help since you clearly have more experience with badminton shoes than me!
    why don't you go find an Adidas store (which i am sure there is one in Heaven), and then try out the size? don't need to be badminton shoes, look for something similar, indoor court shoes, tennis shoes, etc.

  9. #128
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    why don't you go find an Adidas store (which i am sure there is one in Heaven), and then try out the size? don't need to be badminton shoes, look for something similar, indoor court shoes, tennis shoes, etc.
    I actually have several pair of Adidas shoes at home, but they're for running and training. I'm not sure if the BT Feather will have a similar sizing with Adidas' other running shoes. You really think their tennis shoes will have a similar sizing scheme as their badminton shoes?

  10. #129
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I actually have several pair of Adidas shoes at home, but they're for running and training. I'm not sure if the BT Feather will have a similar sizing with Adidas' other running shoes. You really think their tennis shoes will have a similar sizing scheme as their badminton shoes?
    Your Adidas shoes should have a JP size on the label/box as well ...

  11. #130
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Your Adidas shoes should have a JP size on the label/box as well ...
    So any pair of Adidas 9.5 US that I have should match up with the BT Feather then?

  12. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Earlier today, I tried out two pairs of Adidas Stabils US 9 and US 9.5. Both pair of shoes fit my feet. The 9 was the tighter fit. There was about 3.5 cm between my big toe and the end of the shoe for the 9.5 US. For the 9 US, there was about 1.5 cm between my big toe and the end of the shoe. So if you were me, would you go with the 9 US or the 9.5 US assuming the BT Feather have similar sizing to the Adidas Stabil?


    One other thing and that is whether the 9.5 US is actually wider than 9 US? Does the number only correspond to length or width is taken into consideration?


    Thx!

  13. #132
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,154
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just to share with you guys I wear US11 for my Adidas badminton shoes and US10/US10.5 for Yonex. Personally I find Adidas badminton shoes are rather narrow at the front.

  14. #133
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I forgot to mention that the Japanese sizing that was listed on the shoes were JP270 for US9 and JP275 for US9.5. I'm assuming that's in mm since no units were listed. Shuttle House list their shoe sizes in cm so I just want a confirmation that the unit is indeed in mm so that I can request the right shoe size from SH.

    Thx!

  15. #134
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Where else?
    Posts
    2,146
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I forgot to mention that the Japanese sizing that was listed on the shoes were JP270 for US9 and JP275 for US9.5. I'm assuming that's in mm since no units were listed. Shuttle House list their shoe sizes in cm so I just want a confirmation that the unit is indeed in mm so that I can request the right shoe size from SH.

    Thx!
    By deductive reasoning, yes it is mm. I cannot see it being anything else.

  16. #135
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Earlier today, I tried out two pairs of Adidas Stabils US 9 and US 9.5. Both pair of shoes fit my feet. The 9 was the tighter fit. There was about 3.5 cm between my big toe and the end of the shoe for the 9.5 US. For the 9 US, there was about 1.5 cm between my big toe and the end of the shoe. So if you were me, would you go with the 9 US or the 9.5 US assuming the BT Feather have similar sizing to the Adidas Stabil?


    One other thing and that is whether the 9.5 US is actually wider than 9 US? Does the number only correspond to length or width is taken into consideration?


    Thx!
    I'd definitely go with the US9, 1.5cm at the front is still a lot. I have 1cm and I often get a very 'remote' feeling when touching the floor. Adidas shoes have a pretty thick and slightly stiff sole at the front, no need to add to that by wearing a noticeably too large shoe.

  17. #136
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Earlier today, I tried out two pairs of Adidas Stabils US 9 and US 9.5. Both pair of shoes fit my feet. The 9 was the tighter fit. There was about 3.5 cm between my big toe and the end of the shoe for the 9.5 US. For the 9 US, there was about 1.5 cm between my big toe and the end of the shoe. So if you were me, would you go with the 9 US or the 9.5 US assuming the BT Feather have similar sizing to the Adidas Stabil?


    One other thing and that is whether the 9.5 US is actually wider than 9 US? Does the number only correspond to length or width is taken into consideration?


    Thx!
    Shoes also go up in width as the length increases but 3.5cm is way too much (how can you even still push off??). Surprised there can be 2cm difference from one size as it only corresponds with 0.5cm larger foot length
    I tried a pair that was two sizes up I guess and left me with a thumbnail space in front which I guess is ~1.5cm and feel quite roomy but still manageable. Just found out that was actually 28.5cm so I'm good with 28cm from now one
    Last edited by demolidor; 05-03-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adidas Badminton Shoes!!
    By Im Dehydrated in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 11
    : 06-08-2012, 09:41 PM
  2. adidas and nike badminton shoes?
    By killersmash in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 42
    : 03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
  3. WTS: Cool Looking Adidas Badminton Shoes!!!
    By racketlonguy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 02-16-2009, 11:11 PM
  4. WTS: Cool Looking Adidas Badminton Shoes!!!
    By racketlonguy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 02-15-2009, 10:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •