Looking for a few places to play in Calgary!

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by MikeD, Jan 23, 2011.

1. MikeD

MikeD Regular Member

Landscaper During Summer
    Hey,

I'm originally from On. but just moved here for work. I work in a camp setting as an EMT -- which means lots of work every 2 weeks but two weeks off. I'm itching to play but it seems clubs are really complicated here, all this calling and booking ahead business. I want a play where I can just go, pay a drop in, maybe buy some feathers cause there wasn't any room in my car on the trip here and play against some skilled players.

If someone could just mention a time and a place, preferably in the NW, I'd love to meet them there and play. And please don't post that Badminton Calgary site, the information is old and out dated I think.

Thanks,

Mike.

2. g0dblissyou

g0dblissyou Regular Member

Hi, Mike

Yeah, the clubs here do run differently then bigger cities that have bigger facilities, where you can just walkin and play. Im not too found of calling in and booking ahead too since i only go when i feel like it or have time. I'll be playing at chinook winds aventists academy in the sw. I'm not sure where you live but if you feel like it you can join me and the people there. Level there is pretty decent for dropin environment, everyone plays with feathers there, so please bring your own if you do come. Other then that i also know people that play at westside recreation centre that has 6 court delicated to badminton. Which is not dropin, just play adminssion fee and play all you want but you need to find people to play with you thats all.

Peace.

Chinook Winds Adventist Academy
    (Updated June 8, 2010)

10101 2nd Ave SW
    Google Map
    Calgary, AB T3B 5T2

3 courts
    Thursdays 7:00pm to 10:00pm
    Drop-in $7

Email dgrantung@yahoo.com ;jeffhuangid@gmail.com dropin, they response quick and it's not usually busy so i dun think you have a problem getting in.

3. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Just wondering if there's any place to play in the SE area between Chinook and Somerset-Bridlewood C-Train stations? Am a newbie in town and haven't had much time to look around.
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

Any suggestion would be much appreciated!

Thanks!