Attacking / Hard hitter racket for singles

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tybz2k4, Jan 23, 2011.

1. tybz2k4

tybz2k4 New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking out to buy a new singles racket.
    My level is intermediate, I'm a very hard hitter; smashing with my whole arm (former tennis player ;)) so i'm looking for power power and power.
    I'm playing with a Babolat X-Feel Essential (84g, 290mm, medium stiff, BG66 @ 22lbs) which is pretty ok, but I would like to try a stiffer, head heavier racket with higher tension (24/25lbs). Not extra extra stiff as my technique is to be improved (lots of misshits), don't want to get injured so easily.

I'm pretty attracted by the AT900P LCW, but there seem to be so many rackets that could suit me... What about Panda power, Victor, Carlton, APACS, LI ning rackets ?

I'm also thinking about switching strings, as I'm breaking my BG66 once a month.. What could be the best alternative choice ?

Thanks for your help :)

Tybz.

2. rotchanasak

rotchanasak Regular Member

engineer
    The same problem for me too.
    And my point now is AT900 PLC because it is 3U head heavy rac thti can find in THAILAND.
    So sorry about other brands I can not explain them but heard that they are very good too.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

since you know of panda power, you should consider the ultra pro

perhaps 86g 300bp for your singles

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You should consider the Ultra Pro, but it's very very stiff, so I dont know if it'll suit your swing style. The N70 and N90 from Li Ning come to mind, the N70 being a bit less head heavy, but more flexible. It's easier to generate power with this with a full arm swing, the N90 requires better technique to bend the stiffer shaft. It's also a higher risk of injury, as I recently noticed - continued a tournament with it after the string on my N70 broke, my arm started to hurt really bad the next day. Luckily went away with tape and 3 days of rest/very very light training instead of all-out power play like usual.

5. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    N902 is more forgiving than the, the first N90 but yeah thats a very powerful racket for singles. Rackets like, Gosen Iseen, BS08, and a 3u AT900T would be fitting for you.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

AT700 quite flexible
    Woven 11A also...
    Victor BS10

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Really? Did you play both of them? For me, the N90II was not more forgiving, it was a bit harder to master actually because of the increased stiffness....but the lighter weight makes it easier to wield. Much better for doubles than the first gen...