The Ranking of Prize Money Collection of BWF SS/GPG/GP 2011

Discussion in '2011 Tournaments' started by cxytdn, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

After Malaysia Open

Individual

[​IMG]

Team

[​IMG]

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Will there be prize money for first round losers in Korea PSS ?

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Badminton prize money is really little

Badminton prize money is really little. :eek::eek::eek:

Just for a comparison, below is the link for the prize money for just ONE Tennis Grand Slam tournament (our 2011 Australian Open);

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/event_guide/prize_money.html

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The prize money for badminton is depressing low. Really there should be at least US$1000, for first round loser in GP events, and US$250 for Badminton Europe Internationals. Of course in doubles this would be split between them.

5. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Compare to tennis, badminton prizes are ridiculous by comparison. The tennis MS/WS gets $20k for just showing up. Badminton can give $20k to the winners :mad:

One thing that always troubles me is to see Kia Motors (a Korean company) being a major sponsor at the Australian Tennis Open, while yet at the same time, the Korean Badminton Open is being played. Can't they spare a few sponsor dollars from one event to the other :D

Another random thought. I heard Gill Clark mentioned on the broadcast that Caroline Wozniacki started off as a badminton player, then switched to tennis. Great move for her!

6. rizayosia

rizayosia Regular Member

Don't quite understand, is that the prize money in 2010? After Malaysian Open 2010?

Hmm I think I understand. So it's after Malaysian Open 2011. So basically it covers Korean Open Premier SS (the major tournament).

#6 rizayosia, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Great job! but I think
    1. color grouped by continents does NOT make sense. When we group data, the data should be grouped balancely.
    2. color grouped by country makes more sense. Study shows that don't use more than 7 colors, therefore, we can use 5 colors for China, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Denmark; and the 6th color for all the other developing countries in badminton.
    3. don't use yellow color, which is not readable
    4. if can only use 2 colors, please one color for China, the other color for the rest of the world. In total of (28 (main draw)+16(qualification))x5=220 entries, China only takes 10% entries, but grabbed 54% of the price money, especially, all top 5 are Chinese, and 8 out of top 9 are Chinese (the other is Lee CW). Therefore reverving one color for China will make the color distribution more balanced.