User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 29
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Yonex Sunrise and Yonex Japan

    Hi, I am a keen badminton player that play twice a week. 5 years ago I started buying Yonex badminton shoes, SHB99. I love them, very light and comfortable.

    Today I just bought another pair, SBH101LTD, totally diappointed. Not to mention that it is heavier but they actually cause me a great deal of pains. I play about 6 games today and towards the last 2 games, the pain was so much that I felt like taking them off. But I can't because I was in the middle of the games.

    Okay, for what I know, one can buy from Yonex Sunrise, which is a local agent for Yonex or buy from those who sell Yonex shoes that are directly imported from Japan. My question is : are those from Japan have better quality compared to those from yonex Sunrise.

    [ My other question is, for the high end shoes, why Yonex produced worse instead of better shoes over the time. ]

    Any Yonex shoes expert out there that can enlighten me regarding this puzzled issue. Many thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i can only say jp versions are slighlty higher ( the price )

  3. #3
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6 games on a new pair! And complain about pain . I believe 101 is not as wide as 99 as well but you haven't described what kind of pain and where ...

  4. #4
    Regular Member what07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe you have't broken in the shoe yet since there new. I also find the 101 models kinda heavy, probably because of all that tech and cosmetic stuff on the shoe.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    6 games on a new pair! And complain about pain . I believe 101 is not as wide as 99 as well but you haven't described what kind of pain and where ...
    Okay, let me recall, I felt like there are two little pads under and around both sides of the foot, the locations are about one quater of the shoe's length down from the toes. Did you get it?? It is at the areas where the laterral claws are located, but for both sides of the foot (the lateral claws are at the outter side of the foot). I felt like those two little pads are squeezing my foot, very painful.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Maybe you have't broken in the shoe yet since there new. I also find the 101 models kinda heavy, probably because of all that tech and cosmetic stuff on the shoe.
    Ya, they are too heavy for my liking. It is due to the extra tech and cosmetic stuff, I just unlaced the shoes and took a look inside the shoes. I compared them to my previous SBH100LTD, there are a lot more stuff inside. To me those tech and cosmetic stuff are redandunt.

  7. #7
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewplaybad View Post
    Okay, let me recall, I felt like there are two little pads under and around both sides of the foot, the locations are about one quater of the shoe's length down from the toes. Did you get it?? It is at the areas where the laterral claws are located, but for both sides of the foot (the lateral claws are at the outter side of the foot). I felt like those two little pads are squeezing my foot, very painful.
    Yes, that is what I thought it might be. I don't know how much it will stretch but probably your foot is too wide for this model ...

  8. #8
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewplaybad View Post
    Ya, they are too heavy for my liking. It is due to the extra tech and cosmetic stuff, I just unlaced the shoes and took a look inside the shoes. I compared them to my previous SBH100LTD, there are a lot more stuff inside. To me those tech and cosmetic stuff are redandunt.
    Friend,

    I would suggest you spent a little of your time and do have a look at the many of the SHB101LTD review posted before in this forum, by using the search functions. Those "things" inside the the 101LTD are not cosmetic. 101LTD are designed to be tighter (at the front, where your toes are) compared to 100LTD, and those WM suffix models (e.g SHB200WM). Secondly, SHB101LTD is a "high cushioned" model, meaning the cushioning inside are thicker than other model, to absorb better the jumping vibration upon contact with the ground when you land.

    NOT everyone likes it, and those that prefer thin cushioning (such as those in ASICS models) will not like 101LTD and may even feel pain at the high cushioning area, such as in the inward, middle part of your feet. (which i believe, is your case)

    Whoever sell you this shoes should have tell you the differences between all Yonex High end models. All have different designs meant for different end users' likings. I have been using SHB101LTD for few years and have no pain no problem with it, to me that is the BEST design Yonex has come out in years.

    As for JP shoes Vs. SP (Sunrise) shoes, the difference is there, in finishing and long lasting. I played 5 times a week, each session lasting 3 hours or more. After more than a year, my JP SHB101LTD still looks like brand new, can show you if you interested (within Klang Valley-lah )

    Hope this helps.
    Want to sell me your SHB101LTD ?
    Last edited by tckang; 10-17-2010 at 08:53 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewplaybad View Post
    Hi, I am a keen badminton player that play twice a week. 5 years ago I started buying Yonex badminton shoes, SHB99. I love them, very light and comfortable.

    Today I just bought another pair, SBH101LTD, totally diappointed. Not to mention that it is heavier but they actually cause me a great deal of pains. I play about 6 games today and towards the last 2 games, the pain was so much that I felt like taking them off. But I can't because I was in the middle of the games.

    Okay, for what I know, one can buy from Yonex Sunrise, which is a local agent for Yonex or buy from those who sell Yonex shoes that are directly imported from Japan. My question is : are those from Japan have better quality compared to those from yonex Sunrise.

    [ My other question is, for the high end shoes, why Yonex produced worse instead of better shoes over the time. ]

    Any Yonex shoes expert out there that can enlighten me regarding this puzzled issue. Many thanks.
    well, wat i can say is, SHB101ltd is not suitable for u...
    the higher end it is doesnt means it is best for everyone...
    i have a SHB101ltd myself and it fits me very well...
    maybe u can try SHB85ltd or the other wider models...
    shud fit u betta...

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you tckang and kkwm83, at least you guys clear my doubts on Yonex high End Shoes. I decided to give it a few weeks trial, to see if the shoes will break in for me... Thanks

    Btw, I saw there are SBH101-Ltd-Red in the shop, the seller told me those are sent in from Japan "Directly". tckang said they will be more lasting. Anymore?? Comfortability?? Any difference between the SBH101-LTD Red and Blue? I know the Blue ones are Thomas Cup Edition. How about Comfortability? Any comments? The Japannese Version is selling for about RM100 more, tckang, can you comment on this?

    Regards.

  11. #11
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewplaybad View Post

    Btw, I saw there are SBH101-Ltd-Red in the shop, the seller told me those are sent in from Japan "Directly". tckang said they will be more lasting. Anymore?? Comfortability?? Any difference between the SBH101-LTD Red and Blue? I know the Blue ones are Thomas Cup Edition. How about Comfortability? Any comments? The Japannese Version is selling for about RM100 more, tckang, can you comment on this?

    Regards.
    May i know which shop in KL? be very careful as i have come across shops that claims they are selling JP (for japan) yonex bags even though at one look i can tell it is SP local version. In the end, the shop owner himself also don't know the difference ! (Nothing wrong with JP or SP, but i feel it is unfair if you pay more and "thought" you get a JP but in reality it is not)
    As for Yonex shoes, JP ones, the only difference i feel so far is the long lasting ness.....in terms of comfort, design, they are about the same. Price wise, depending on models, some can cost more than RM100 in difference than the local SP model.
    For me, i have no regrets switching to JP Yonex shoes. I only import from Shuttle-house Japan whenever my JP shoes reaches its old age. So far, my JP SHB101LTD is still going strong, serving me 5 sessions of badminton a week for more than a year now.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    May i know which shop in KL? be very careful as i have come across shops that claims they are selling JP (for japan) yonex bags even though at one look i can tell it is SP local version. In the end, the shop owner himself also don't know the difference ! (Nothing wrong with JP or SP, but i feel it is unfair if you pay more and "thought" you get a JP but in reality it is not)
    As for Yonex shoes, JP ones, the only difference i feel so far is the long lasting ness.....in terms of comfort, design, they are about the same. Price wise, depending on models, some can cost more than RM100 in difference than the local SP model.
    For me, i have no regrets switching to JP Yonex shoes. I only import from Shuttle-house Japan whenever my JP shoes reaches its old age. So far, my JP SHB101LTD is still going strong, serving me 5 sessions of badminton a week for more than a year now.
    It's very true that some sellers do not even know what is SP what is JP @@...
    Some even thought the 'Made in Japan' on the racket means they are JP....
    So have to be very careful while purchasing...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    So far, my JP SHB101LTD is still going strong, serving me 5 sessions of badminton a week for more than a year now.
    >15 hrs per week for over a year... those things will outlast my joints!!!

    The longevity definitely pays for more than the price difference. I wonder why SP versions do not last as long (and in my experience, they do not).

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    >15 hrs per week for over a year... those things will outlast my joints!!!

    The longevity definitely pays for more than the price difference. I wonder why SP versions do not last as long (and in my experience, they do not).
    Some difference in material used?
    Maybe same material but different grade?
    Most probably that's the reason, which explain the difference in pricing...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    May i know which shop in KL? be very careful as i have come across shops that claims they are selling JP (for japan) yonex bags even though at one look i can tell it is SP local version. In the end, the shop owner himself also don't know the difference ! .
    May I know which shops in KL sells JP shoes, I am going to KL this week, maybe I can visit them..

  16. #16
    Regular Member tckang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boleh-Land
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    >15 hrs per week for over a year... those things will outlast my joints!!!

    The longevity definitely pays for more than the price difference. I wonder why SP versions do not last as long (and in my experience, they do not).
    The JP pair i actually brought over to play in Singapore with Sgbad, Mongoose, etc recently so they have seen how "new" it still looked
    Anyway, it surprised me as well. I used to owned SP 101LTD and by the 5th month, it has obvious wear & tear and by the 7th, the right side front open its mouth to say "hello" (i.e open mouth tear).
    Not sure about difference in material but unlike the bag, the JP and SP shoes really can't tell much difference from the physical look. Oh well Evil empire .......
    Last edited by tckang; 10-26-2010 at 02:38 AM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,776
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewplaybad View Post
    Thank you tckang and kkwm83, at least you guys clear my doubts on Yonex high End Shoes. I decided to give it a few weeks trial, to see if the shoes will break in for me... Thanks

    Btw, I saw there are SBH101-Ltd-Red in the shop, the seller told me those are sent in from Japan "Directly". tckang said they will be more lasting. Anymore?? Comfortability?? Any difference between the SBH101-LTD Red and Blue? I know the Blue ones are Thomas Cup Edition. How about Comfortability? Any comments? The Japannese Version is selling for about RM100 more, tckang, can you comment on this?

    Regards.
    If there is "limited" printed on the red one it is not JP version. For Japan it is the regular version

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex-Sunrise Apparel & Yonex Accessories in Sports Life, Singapore
    By aramistuscany in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 1981
    : 11-16-2013, 06:26 AM
  2. Yonex-Sunrise Vol. 17
    By aramistuscany in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 4
    : 04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
  3. Yonex-Sunrise Vol. 16
    By aramistuscany in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 12
    : 02-12-2012, 07:29 AM
  4. Yonex ES5 Protech in Sports Life, Yonex Sunrise
    By aramistuscany in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 22
    : 03-27-2010, 03:41 PM
  5. Replies: 38
    : 01-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •