User Tag List

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with you, more flex needs more tension. time to restring my racket then :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm about to get a SW37 in a 3U, what is "all round" tension to have on it. If there is such a thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    I'm about to get a SW37 in a 3U, what is "all round" tension to have on it. If there is such a thing?
    if you hard hitter like jjs, better go 30 lbs above.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. For most advanced players, something like 25lbs should be fine. Depends very much on play level and style of play, I'm an example of an advanced player stringing above the tension where I get the best repulsion to increase control, as my style of play is rather controlled and defensive and not very aggressive (in singles).
    Without knowing how you play, it's hard to recommend a tension. 30lbs is most likely way too much - only players of pro level can get good power out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo...sw37 for hard hitter@smasher from back court. if u are control player better go for other racket.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that was not the point - it was about the tension. The SW37 is primarily a singles racket or, as you said, for doubles players who strongly prefer playing from the back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally play doubles with a preference for playing at the back. Generally with the rackets I use, I hover around the 24-26lb mark but I'm slowly heading up to 26-27lb area.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I'd recommend stringing it at 26lbs - it's still in your 'comfort zone' and tight enough to compensate for the easy swing-through. I find that I need to string similar rackets (N70, VT70) tighter than others because the heavy head and medium shaft make clearing very easy and a bit long at times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestion. Though it'd be interesting to see the effect. I'm using an MX80 now which, according to the guy I bought it from, are strung around 21/22lb from the factory and some of my clears go long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

argh....sw37 only available in malaysia by next month...early,mid or end still don't know...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renmazuo27 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Though it'd be interesting to see the effect. I'm using an MX80 now which, according to the guy I bought it from, are strung around 21/22lb from the factory and some of my clears go long.
    Lower tension results in a stronger "trampoline" effect, which means on most shots, you'll have a stronger repulsion than with higher tension. That's because the softer tension allows the string to flex more. Sometimes, that's a bad thing though, because the mroe advanced you get, the more 'spongy' it'll feel, and you won't have as much control as the repulsion will not always be completely vertical to the face of the racket. Higher tension improves control by taking a bit of that repulsion away - so you don't drag the shuttle along as long and it won't add as much length to your shots.
    The downside to that is that it'll decrease the power of the smash somewhat and that it'll make the contact feel harder. That may cause pain if you're not used to the tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will this racket be available in Europe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my sources, it won't come to the Netherlands, don't know about the rest of Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Lower tension results in a stronger "trampoline" effect, which means on most shots, you'll have a stronger repulsion than with higher tension. That's because the softer tension allows the string to flex more. Sometimes, that's a bad thing though, because the mroe advanced you get, the more 'spongy' it'll feel, and you won't have as much control as the repulsion will not always be completely vertical to the face of the racket. Higher tension improves control by taking a bit of that repulsion away - so you don't drag the shuttle along as long and it won't add as much length to your shots.
    The downside to that is that it'll decrease the power of the smash somewhat and that it'll make the contact feel harder. That may cause pain if you're not used to the tension.
    the fact is all pro's produce smash speed over than 250km/h with string tension 28lbs above.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    the fact is all pro's produce smash speed over than 250km/h with string tension 28lbs above.
    *sigh* Yes, but that's part of the reason they're PROS. High tension does not equal high power. I think I mentioned before that Pros are NOT the example to use when talking about power, speed and accuracy - fact is, most of us didn't stand a chance against a world class player if he used a squash racket.
    The main concern of most players at national level (and above) is accuracy - it's much more important to consistently get 5cm closer to the lines than to smash with 260 instead of 240. So instead of going for maximum power, they choose a tension they're comfortable with and where they have high accuracy. I think LD, BCL &co smashed harder a little while back - probably not only because they were younger, but also used slightly lower tension. I have a few of the '06 WC matches, and they're often around the 300k mark whereas nowadays only LD and LCW smash harder than 280 occasionally and only Fu gets over 300.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's someone who has the possibility to compare the SW37 with Arcsaber10 or BS12 -> Please feel free to share your minds with us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much did u bought ur sw37? is it 3ug2 or 4ug2?
    Last edited by TheSmasherKing; 10-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast