User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 419
  1. #18
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    Personally I think Victor's going with blue because of their sponsorship deal with the Korean team since blue is their color...
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    that's a really good observation!
    Blue, white, red, black. The colors of the Korean flag. Good observation indeed.

  2. #19
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Victor Super Wave 37 (SW37)

    SW37 TW 3U G2 total weight = 96.2 grams BP = 287 mm
    Strung with VS850 at 28 lbs
    Last night I played with my new toy. The SW37. The blue monster. I call it a "monster" because it is just as powerful as other "beast" rackets that I've tried before such as AT900P, VT70 and SW35. The problem with all the previous rackets is they are either too head heavy or too stiff... some even both.
    SW37 is medium stiff and even balanced (Balance Point 287 mm) I'll compare it to SW35 with BP 297 mm and very stiff shaft. SW37 is easier to generate power but will not hurt your wrist like SW35 and other head-heavy + extra stiff racket does. So SW37 is more user friendly and forgiving. It will not drain your energy and you will not get tried very fast. But the power it generates is equally great with all those beast racket. How come this be??? I'm also dumb-founded by the fact that and medium stiff and even balanced racket could match SW35 in power department. And this is because of it's unique KP (Kicking Point) unlike other rackets which most of them the KP is near to the cone / handle this blue monster's KP is further to the middle or center of the shaft so it is between frame and handle
    I'll provide more review after using it more at least totally 10 hours of usage I guess one more thing is that general assumption of head heavy and extra stiff racket generates greater power is about to change this is a revolution !!!
    Last edited by jump-smash; 04-13-2011 at 09:36 PM.

  3. #20
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not to doubt your judgement or anything, but I have a hard time believing this racket has equal power to some of the other head heavier or stiffer rackets you mentioned. Like all similar things, racket design is a science, and just based on the law of physics, material and form design, such a notion lacks credibility. It could be the case, don't get me wrong. but I have a hard time believing it. That is unless there are other properties significantly changed internally or externally to make up for the differences. Not sure the handle placement alone could warrant it.

    Intriguing anyway. But I had read similar posts on the forum about the BS12, and later heard from other users that the racket actually wasn't as powerful as other stiffer or head heavy rackets. But who knows. Maybe it depends on the play style and power of the user himself?
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 04-13-2011 at 09:36 PM.

  4. #21
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a hard time believing also until I tried it myself

    let's take MX80 (BP 292~ 293 mm) for an example against BS10 (BP 295 ~ 296 mm) which is more head heavy
    which one do you find more powerful ???
    it's the MX80 right? MX80 is a new version of BS10 on steroid. it has more muscle without sacrificing the speed
    they both have the same frame design which is diamond shaped
    only the frame profile are different ... octablade versus sword blade

    and for another instance SW35 BP is only 296 ~ 297 mm
    compare it to Yonex Volric / Armotec series which BP are 300 mm ++
    now who dare to say that SW35 has got less power than YY Voltric or Armotec series ???

  5. #22
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Firstly, my MX80 actually has a higher BP than my BS10. But there are other reasons why it is more powerful. As you said, the octo frame (even shaft), it's chunkier and less nimble than the BS10's. Likewise, the SW35's is even more chunky and less aerodynamic than the MX80's (it's also head heavier). Add to that, the MX80 is stiffer than the BS10, likewise, the SW35 is stiffer still than the MX80. So you can see design and science wise, why each of the rackets are different in terms of power and/or speed.

    It's not quite the same comparing the SW35 to the SW37, where the technological properties or innovations should I say, are largely the same. If anything, the change from stiff to medium stiff and head heavy to balanced, the opposite would be expected.

    Also I disagree about the MX80 not sacrificing any of the speed of the BS10. I think that's just forum banter and hyperbole personally. From my own experience, the BS10 still has the edge in speed, it's just that the MX80 is still fast enough (for me personally) that on court it makes little real world difference. But the BS10 is definitely still quicker. Fastest racket I've personally ever used. What the MX80 loses (only a bit mind) in speed to the BS10 however, it makes up for with a fair degree more power.
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 04-13-2011 at 09:59 PM.

  6. #23
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In this comparison between SW37 and SW35 is not about BP or stiffness anymore
    it's more about KP aka Kicking Point (shaft bending point) as I've already mentioned above
    so what I feel is that both racket are equally powerful because of this new technology
    the difference is SW37 is more user friendly and more forgiving

  7. #24
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I'm certainly intrigued by your findings Jump-smash. Will be interesting to see more user options/reviews on this racket. Another interesting prospect by Victor.

  8. #25
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Well, I'm certainly intrigued by your findings Jump-smash. Will be interesting to see more user options/reviews on this racket. Another interesting prospect by Victor.
    that's why I said earlier that the general assumption of a head heavy and extra stiff racket generates more power is getting old today.
    it will be history tomorrow as now we found out that rackets power is not just BP and stiffness that counts but there more to it. there are many other aspect that contribute to power dept also

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that is pretty interesting, the MX80, BS12 and Spira22 just arrived at the local shop and I was thinking of picking up one of those three just to try out but having a tough time deciding since the price is the same, they didn't bring in the SW37 though... Maybe I'll ask for a SW37 instead than...

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    While I understand a bit of what you're trying to say, there is also no evidence of such. Statements like this with no supporting evidence are difficult to believe. Also, how is the kicking point measured? Do you just bend the racket and see where the sharpest bend is? Maybe you use high speed cameras to see where it is?

    Having played with many (probably not as many as some but more than most) rackets, I have trouble believing that any mid stiff, even balance racket could have more power than my VT80 3U.

  11. #28
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    that is pretty interesting, the MX80, BS12 and Spira22 just arrived at the local shop and I was thinking of picking up one of those three just to try out but having a tough time deciding since the price is the same, they didn't bring in the SW37 though... Maybe I'll ask for a SW37 instead than...
    yes you could do that
    just for suggestion
    SW37 is for power
    BS12 is for speed and agility
    SPR22 is for control and placement
    MX80 is an all-rounder, it is basically combination of all the above mentioned rackets

  12. #29
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    While I understand a bit of what you're trying to say, there is also no evidence of such. Statements like this with no supporting evidence are difficult to believe. Also, how is the kicking point measured? Do you just bend the racket and see where the sharpest bend is? Maybe you use high speed cameras to see where it is?
    yes it is very hard to measure as I don't have high speed camera or speed gun
    all I can do is bend the shaft manually and do it traditionally
    that is try it on court

  13. #30
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    While I understand a bit of what you're trying to say, there is also no evidence of such. Statements like this with no supporting evidence are difficult to believe. Also, how is the kicking point measured? Do you just bend the racket and see where the sharpest bend is? Maybe you use high speed cameras to see where it is?

    Having played with many (probably not as many as some but more than most) rackets, I have trouble believing that any mid stiff, even balance racket could have more power than my VT80 3U.
    This is my take as well. I'm just not so sure myself. I've read a lot on these forums, MX80 being just as fast as the BS10, BS12 being just as if not more powerful than BS10, VT80 having all the power of the best, but the speed and agility of the N9900 etc. But from either personal experience, or mass opinion, usually turns out to be false hype. Like any product, film, toy game or whatever. Often the initial excitement can overcloud rational perspective.

    That's not to say Jump-smash is wrong, I'm just dubious.

    Also Druss, post more on the VT80 vs MX80 in the comparison thread! Hows the VT80 in doubles compared to MX80? And is there a noticeable difference in speed, agility and power between the two?

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    yes it is very hard to measure as I don't have high speed camera or speed gun
    all I can do is bend the shaft manually and do it traditionally
    that is try it on court
    I understand the trying it on court part but that's hardly scientific... as you can see from many posts people disagree on even the stiffnes and head heavyness of rackets all the time.

    Kick point has to be even harder to measure without specific equipment. Also, as it's something that really needs to be measured dynamically, as opposed to statically, I don't know that simply bending the shaft manually would give you the right information.

    In the end, as long as you like the racket it's all that matters. Too many threads on here where poeple get into arguments over which is the better racket... just pick the one you like the most and play...

  15. #32
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    I understand the trying it on court part but that's hardly scientific... as you can see from many posts people disagree on even the stiffnes and head heavyness of rackets all the time.

    Kick point has to be even harder to measure without specific equipment. Also, as it's something that really needs to be measured dynamically, as opposed to statically, I don't know that simply bending the shaft manually would give you the right information.

    In the end, as long as you like the racket it's all that matters. Too many threads on here where poeple get into arguments over which is the better racket... just pick the one you like the most and play...
    yes agree on picking the racket that you like part.
    that's all that really matter
    the best way to prove it is to try it yourself

    let me ask you a question
    how do you measure stiffness of your racket
    do you do it scientifically or manually
    do you just bend the shaft with your hands? or you use any equipment?
    how do you know that the indicator on the cones are telling the truth?
    it all comes down to use your feeling and trust right?
    Last edited by jump-smash; 04-13-2011 at 11:09 PM.

  16. #33
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,596
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is generally known and accepted that the more user friendly and forgiving rackets in terms of power are the ones with more flexible shafts. What that means is that it is easier to bend the shaft and generate power output with an X amount of power.

    However if a player is consistently strong enough to overflex the shaft, then to him, he won't be getting the proportional increase in power output relative to his input. It'll be wasted power. He'll need a stiffer shaft, and that stiffer shaft will allow him to get more power out than the flexy one.

    The reverse is also true. A weak player who's unable to bend the stiff shaft is unable to properly transfer power onto the bird, so should use a flexier one.

    All of this is just to say that perhaps the sw35 may be too stiff for you while the sw37 is right for you, jump-smash.
    Last edited by visor; 04-13-2011 at 11:34 PM.

  17. #34
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    It is generally known and accepted that the more user friendly and forgiving rackets in terms of power are the ones with more flexible shafts. What that means is that it is easier to bend the shaft and generate power output with an X amount of power.

    However if a player is consistently strong enough to overflex the shaft, then to him, he won't be getting the proportional increase in power output relative to his input. It'll be wasted power. He'll need a stiffer shaft, and that stiffer shaft will allow him to get more power out than the flexy one.

    The reverse is also true. A weak player who's unable to bend the stiff shaft is unable to properly transfer power onto the bird, so should use a flexier one.

    All of this is just to say that perhaps the sw35 may be too stiff for you while the sw37 is right for you, jump-smash.
    maybe ... maybe not because beside SW35 ... I also use BS10 and MX80 which all are very stiff rackets I have no problem bending them in playing the actual game that is I think I have enough power to use SW35 or any other stiff racket but the thing is with SW37 I get the same power with less effort that's all

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Victor Super Waves 35 (3 x Matching Set) and Victor The Legend Zhao Jian Hua Racquet
    By tpcml in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 7
    : 01-22-2012, 05:16 AM
  2. victor super waves 37 vs super waves 35
    By TheSmasherKing in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 4
    : 10-31-2011, 04:42 AM
  3. FS: Victor Power Waves 11 & Super Waves 31
    By cappius in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
  4. Victor Power Waves 12 or Victor Super Nano 5
    By rexlu in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 27
    : 10-21-2007, 02:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •