User Tag List

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dang, my racket sw37 still stuck at the US customs. I have been using voltric 80 strung with NBG95 @ 25lbs for about 2 weeks. starting to like it. powerful smash and very aggressive. the thing is, my arm gets tired, sore and sometimes painful after playing for hours. normally i play about 3 hours a day.
    cant wait for my sw37 so i can make a comparison. btw, i tried using my friend's bravesword 11, i think its below medium flex. i didnt like it because the smash was all soft. i couldnt generate power no matter how hard i swing the racket
    i still prefer voltric 80.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS11 would require a completely different swing style than the VT80 and a much more refined technique as the timing with quicker rackets is a little trickier to get right. It's not below medium stiffness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, maybe i was wrong though. im quite sure i used bs 11.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just saying that it's quite common with ppl used to head heavy rackets to stamp quicker rackets as powerless, when in truth they're just not using them right
    With quicker rackets, the arm needs to be a bit more relaxed, the motion more fluid and the timing is more important than with heavier ones. I usually get my most powerful smashes with dynamic stiff rackets (BS10, ArcZS) with a bit of head weight. BS09 and Trinity are almost as powerful, but with the heavy stuff like N90, any Armortec, VT80 the smash is noticeably weaker. That does not mean those rackets are less powerful - it's because my technique is more efficient with lighter rackets as I tend to use a lot of pronation and not enough body rotation and arm extension.

In general, heavier rackets allow for simpler, more straightforward swinging as they have more weight to carry through, thus the impulse is the same as a lighter rackets' at higher speed. They also allow players with strong, but slower muscles to use their strength more efficiently as the have no problem handling the weight, but struggle with the speed needed to use lighter rackets.

In conclusion: as long as you are used to head heavy rackets, light, quick rackets will always seem powerless to you. You would have to take some time and adapt to get the most out of them (it was the same for me). Even then, chances are that your preferred swing style is more suitable to heavier rackets and you'll still lack some power.

Oh, and trying to force a smash is never going to get good results - when you try to put everything into it, the timing is often wrong and you get tense so the motion isn't as smooth anymore. Look at Taufik and his relaxed hitting style - yet he creates/created so much power!

5. Likes visor, Maklike Tier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post Jackie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agreed. And you've only been playing a few years, j4ckie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    Ahem. I've been playing for about 21 months now Had a short (4 months) fanatical phase where I played 15 hrs a week, and spent some more time watching videos on technique, slow-motions of pros and other stuff. Luckily for my body, I've calmed down somewhat and try a healthier approach now, with only 3-4 training sessions on court and some weight training.
    The most obvious sign of my obsession are the 26 rackets and the stringing machine cluttering up my room

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good to have at least one obsessive-compulsive in the group, at the very least so there's someone to make fun of

Your comment about watching videos also rings true to me. Watching Boe/Mog play the second Korean pair and win whatever tournament was on last week was great for ideas for how to play against quicker guys who like a flat attacking game. Being that Boe/Mog are the only guys in pro badminton vaguely close to my proportions, the commentators were giving great insight into how to play and use your advantages.

My big advantage is my reach and my angle shots, so it was great to hear that British commentator talk about how to use those strengths and control the game by not trying to duke it out in a style of play that you will definitely lose.

That was a real lightblub moment for me.

Anyway....back on topic......
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 12-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.

10. Likes moomoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post

Your comment about watching videos also rings true to me. Watching Boe/Mog play the second Korean pair and win whatever tournament was on last week was great for ideas for how to play against quicker guys who like a flat attacking game.
    i can say boe/mog dont hv powerful smash like other korean players, but every of their shot they aim at in front of korean player. as you said they used their height to punch the shuttle. by doing this the korean player had forced to lift the shuttle high/half court and the denmark player take the opportunity to kill by powerful smash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its my 4 month of serious playing
    previously just played like once in a blue moon. but now im having like a fanatic phase that u have gone through previously. lol, addicted to badminton, kept watching videos, and play whenever i have free time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone here already saw sw37 in badminton shop at kl?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i saw one at KD sports house, you can call and check for us

KD Sports House, ronald 03-6148 1355 or his HP 012- 612 7409

if you do drop by, the mexican restaurant opposite it called "La bamba" has really nice food. the quesadilla is my favourite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    i think i saw one at KD sports house, you can call and check for us

KD Sports House, ronald 03-6148 1355 or his HP 012- 612 7409

if you do drop by, the mexican restaurant opposite it called "La bamba" has really nice food. the quesadilla is my favourite
    huhuhu...finish already...

16. Likes Avenger242 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come it was out of stock in malaysia? I thought that the sw37 wasn't very popular. So I assume there would be quite easy to find stock from the first batch of rackets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssgg007 View Post
    How come it was out of stock in malaysia? I thought that the sw37 wasn't very popular. So I assume there would be quite easy to find stock from the first batch of rackets.
    i dun know what to say, the new stock already finished before it arrive because it was booked by others. i thought i'm only one fanatic to buy this racket....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg.... I hope they can get some new stock soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssgg007 View Post
    omg.... I hope they can get some new stock soon.
    hopefully...but another 4months.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast