User Tag List

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 419
  1. #35
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another point: you as the user can't truly tell if the sw37 is putting out more or less power than the sw35.
    The only one who can properly judge is the person on the receiving end of your smashes and clears.

  2. #36
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Another point: you as the user can't truly tell if the sw37 is putting out more or less power than the sw35.
    The only one who can properly judge is the person on the receiving end of your smashes and clears.
    good suggestion !
    I'll try that on
    SW37
    SW35
    MX80

    FYI if you doubt my skill or ability to generate power from stiff and head heavy racket
    here's my profile
    i'm not too old to be too weak
    and not too young to be lack of experience
    i'm above 30 and under 40
    been playing badminton for more then 20 years now
    69 kg 175 cm (quite athletic build)
    Last edited by jump-smash; 04-13-2011 at 11:51 PM.

  3. #37
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    maybe ... maybe not because beside SW35 ... I also use BS10 and MX80 which all are very stiff rackets I have no problem bending them in playing the actual game that is I think I have enough power to use SW35 or any other stiff racket but the thing is with SW37 I get the same power with less effort that's all
    True, but you have to keep in mind that you will get more max potential power out of the 35 than the 37... assuming that you have enough power to overcome the 37 shaft.

    If you're not regularly overpowering the 37 shaft, then the 35 is too stiff for you. Not a put down or anything, just a fact.
    Last edited by visor; 04-13-2011 at 11:56 PM.

  4. #38
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    good suggestion !
    I'll try that on
    SW37
    SW35
    MX80

    FYI if you doubt my skill or ability to generate power from stiff and head heavy racket
    here's my profile
    i'm not too old to be too weak
    and not too young to be lack of experience
    i'm above 30 and under 40
    been playing badminton for more then 20 years now
    69 kg 175 cm (quite athletic build)
    Heh, I have 10 more yrs and 5 more kg than you!

    I'd be interested in your findings too, hopefully you have the same string and tension on all 3 rackets.

  5. #39
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yea well Visor....I have 29 years less on you and even more weight! Beat that!

  6. #40
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    True, but you have to keep in mind that you will get more max potential power out of the 35 than the 37... assuming that you have enough power to overcome the 37 shaft.

    If you're not regularly overpowering the 37 shaft, then the 35 is too stiff for you. Not a put down or anything, just a fact.

    • yes I agree partly on that but until I tried SW37 maybe I have to disagree.
    • consider this: Fu Hai Feng use Ti-10 Gen 2 when he set the world record of the fastest smash.
    • Tan Boon Heong use Ti-10 gen 3 ---> BP +/- 290 ~ 295 mm with medium stiff shaft.
    • Koo Kien Kiat use AS8DX ---> BP +/- 290 ~ 295 mm.
    • Lee Yong Dae use BS09 ---> BP +/- 290 ~ 295 mm with medium flex shaft.
    • are you saying that Jung Jae Sung has a better smash than all the players above because JJS use SW35 ???
    • sorry guys if I smashed your pre-assumption to pieces it's not easy to be a whistle blower but someone has to do it and I'm glad it's me
    Last edited by jump-smash; 04-14-2011 at 01:33 AM.

  7. #41
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I remember correctly, the world record for a smash is with the Yonex Arcsaber Z Slash. Which is stiff and head heavy. I don't know why you even brought up those other players. Lee Yong Dae uses the BS09 yes, but he's the tactician in the doubles team. The smasher is Jung Jae Sung and he uses the SW35. Which sort of backs the notion that head heavy stiff rackets are more ideal for power or smashes. That's not to say he has a better smash BECAUSE of the SW35, but that because he's a power player he's more suited to the SW35, which promotes power play.

    There's less of a draw for doubles players to use such power rackets though, as you usually sacrifice some speed. These days singles players tend to favour head heavy stiff rackets.
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 04-14-2011 at 01:44 AM.

  8. #42
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,175
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does F = MA still, or is there some new special Physics that only applies to badminton?

    I've seen it time and time again - it's racket speed that makes the most difference to the speed of the smash, not mass. The mass in the racket head, between a heavy head and a light head would be lucky to be 5 grams - nigh on insignificant.

    All of this is academic of course, because you can generate as much racket speed as you like, but if you don't have fitness, timing, placement and tactics, you're not going to win.

    It's all about finding a nice balance that fits in with your style of play and your physiology.

  9. #43
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,175
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    If I remember correctly, the world record for a smash is with the Yonex Arcsaber Z Slash. Which is stiff and head heavy.
    Have you owned one? It's even balanced and medium stiff.

  10. #44
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually out of all those, JJS and FHF have the most consistently meatiest smashes. Likely sw35 helps. What does FHF use now? N50 iirc. But have you seen the size of their forearms?

    When you test out our hypothesis, make sure you ask your opponent/ partner to rate the power of your smashes.

  11. #45
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,376
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Does F = MA still, or is there some new special Physics that only applies to badminton?

    I've seen it time and time again - it's racket speed that makes the most difference to the speed of the smash, not mass. The mass in the racket head, between a heavy head and a light head would be lucky to be 5 grams - nigh on insignificant.

    All of this is academic of course, because you can generate as much racket speed as you like, but if you don't have fitness, timing, placement and tactics, you're not going to win.

    It's all about finding a nice balance that fits in with your style of play and your physiology.
    Did you just contradict yourself?

    Both mass and speed are important!

    If you've ever tried using a 4U headlight racket with tons of speed but less mass, you'll find that your smashes don't penetrate as well. Likewise using a head heavy 2U, lots of mass but not much speed.

    Oh, and don't discount a measly 5g wt differential: it may not seem a lot, but that's how much a shuttle weighs!
    Last edited by visor; 04-14-2011 at 02:01 AM.

  12. #46
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Have you owned one? It's even balanced and medium stiff.
    Yonex has it rated at stiff with a BP of 290mm. I fail to see how that is even balanced and medium stiff.

    All I can say is that from personal experience, head heavier, stiffer rackets have certainly generated more power for me personally. And that's not something I concocted in my head. Something noted by my opponents as well. If it was just about speed, my BS10 would offer more power than my MX80, but as it happens it's the other way around.

    But as mentioned, it's all personal to the player. Not everyone is going to get more power out of a stiffer or head heavier racket.

  13. #47
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    guys mass and speed are both important
    FYI my SW35 total weight is 94.9 grams while my SW37 is 96.2 grams

  14. #48
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,175
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Did you just contradict yourself?

    Both mass and speed are important!
    I never said mass wasn't important, I said the differential in SPEED is more broad and therefore it's MORE of a factor.

  15. #49
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maklike tier View Post
    i never said mass wasn't important, i said the differential in speed is more broad and therefore it's more of a factor.
    totally agree on this !!!

  16. #50
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,175
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Yonex has it rated at stiff with a BP of 290mm. I fail to see how that is even balanced and medium stiff.
    Well, as someone whose owned one and played with one, I can tell you unequivocally it's not particularly head heavy, nor particularly stiff.

    Are you always this annoying and ill informed?

  17. #51
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,758
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Intriguing anyway. But I had read similar posts on the forum about the BS12, and later heard from other users that the racket actually wasn't as powerful as other stiffer or head heavy rackets. But who knows. Maybe it depends on the play style and power of the user himself?
    Which can't be stressed enough . Like someone is going for a MX80 in the recommendations thread because he is a self-proclaimed aggressive smasher mostly playing the back of the court which means absolutely nothing really about your own skills or power just your mentallity ... He liked the Armortec Tour quite a lot which = Armortec 600 (flexible, moderate headheavy) and for being the latest "greatest" going for MX80 .

    290mm bp is even balance and pretty much all short-handled Yonex's are less stiff than rated because of their longer shaft (like a Z-Slash and AT700) with possibly an exception for the Ti-10 post-I generations which are more like 285-290 bp and stiff-extra stiff; but perhaps they are rated stiff and extra stiff respectively and in practice a little less indeed).
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-14-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Victor Super Waves 35 (3 x Matching Set) and Victor The Legend Zhao Jian Hua Racquet
    By tpcml in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 7
    : 01-22-2012, 05:16 AM
  2. victor super waves 37 vs super waves 35
    By TheSmasherKing in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 4
    : 10-31-2011, 04:42 AM
  3. FS: Victor Power Waves 11 & Super Waves 31
    By cappius in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
  4. Victor Power Waves 12 or Victor Super Nano 5
    By rexlu in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 27
    : 10-21-2007, 02:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •