Beginner looking for a place to play and learn in SE Melbourne

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by lgbro, Jan 28, 2011.

1. lgbro

lgbro New Member

Hi!

I'm a newbie to badminton who is looking for a place to play around the south east suburbs of Melbourne (I'm in Burwood East) that can accommodate for beginners. I have played badminton a couple of times a few years ago in high school but definitely nothing serious and I'd probably need to be refreshed on the rules :eek:

I want to play for fun and fitness but I'm also interested in getting better and perhaps taking it a bit more seriously later down the track. Any clubs with training/coaching sessions for beginners would be great!

If there are any clubs that would be happy to have me or if anyone knows of any good placed to play in the area let me know!

Thanks!

2. mbaddy

mbaddy Regular Member

Hi,

You could try here http://www.dvba.com.au/ , Diamond Valley Badminton Association, they offer both coaching and beginner level teams.

I know it's a bit far from the SE....but I thought I'd throw it in there.

3. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
    You can check out the list below, Deakin Badminton in Burwood. We run every Sunday From 12-2pm. It may only take 5 mins drive for you to come over. Please email us on deakinbadminton@gmail.com for further info. The session tomorrow 30th Jan had been moved to Ashburton YMCA due to Deakin Uni Event.

4. lgbro

lgbro New Member

Thanks for the replies so far! The Diamond Valley Badminton Association looks like it would be a bit too far away for me =( I've sent an email to the Deakin club and a few other clubs in the area. Do most clubs have racquet hire or should I buy my own racquet before I go?

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Come and visit our CCC Badminton sessions one day

Come and visit our CCC Badminton sessions one day. Our site at BadmintonCentral is located at (just click on it);

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?192-CCC-Badminton-Club

You will be surprised that CCC Badminton is the most active Sub-Forum Site (worldwide) here at BadmintonCentral (for 'Places to play').
    :):):)

6. lgbro

lgbro New Member

Well I've bought myself a racquet and shoes. I'll visit Deakin this Sunday and have a hit around.

Is the CCC social at Waverley Christian College running this Friday? There was another thread that was about social games at the same venue at the same time and I wasn't sure if that was part of CCC.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Is the CCC social at Waverley Christian College running this Friday?

We will resume on the Friday 18-February-2011.

Click on this link, located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...60-CCC-Badminton-Friday-Social-7-30pm-10-30pm