Apacs Infinity Light - anyone used this?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Xuser, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Hi, Has anyone used the Apacs Infinity Light? Would like your opinion/review on this racquet.
    I tried last night and I must say, it is not that light. I've tried a Calton or Black Knight (not sure) not too long ago, and I'm sure they were lighter than the Infinity Light.

2. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

I have the previous version/name Tantrum Light Exclusive. I imagine both are supposed to be the same based on the their descriptions. I can't remember exactly but the mass was 79.1 grams as it came (stock grip and no strings). That's on the light side of things. Perhaps it doesn't "feel" light because balance might be on head heavy side. Mine was 292mm. Little head heavier than what I use now. With a classic length of 670mm I think that makes it seem even more head heavy.

I liked this racket. My only complaint is the excessive vibration I get when I hit it anywhere other than dead center (as it seems to me) in the sweetspot.

3. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Lack of power

I think Apacs racquets are not forgiving as Yonex's. When I hit the birds on the sweet spot with the Tantrum light infinity, it seems to bounced off pretty well even at 25/28lbs.
    Will be able to tell once I played more with this racquet.

4. Renkinjutsushi

Renkinjutsushi Regular Member

The seller told me it's the successor to the Tantrum Light Exclusive (I have one, like yeeah) and I would definitely consider it light compared to the Yonex racquets. I came from using AT 800 DE 4UG5 which weighed in the low 80's and this is even lighter. The Black Knight racquets are indeed lighter (if you played with the Photon and Feather), which weighs 70 - 75 g if I remember correctly. But I really found the Photon and Feather lacking in power compared to the Apacs Tantrum.

5. Renkinjutsushi

Renkinjutsushi Regular Member

I hope the moderator doesn't give me a warning for this, but 'yeeah', are you looking to sell your Tantrum Light Exclusive?