User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 25
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yu Yang - how good she is? please give your rating

    The Chinese female double player Yu, Yang was a reigning Olympics Gold medalist. Some one even claimed she would be the Gao Lin the 2nd. The head coach Li Yongbo said, Yu Yang is the most talented in both womens doubles and mixed doubles. China will build the best women double and mixed double around her. Now it's too early to tell whom we will going to send to London Olympics, but LYB said he's sure Yu Yang will be definetely there with her partners in women double and mixed double. The current job is to find the best partner for Yu Yang (in both WD and XD).

    Yu Yang paired with Du Jin before, but they lost to Wang Xiao Li/Zhao Yun Lei 3 times in the national competiton. And also in the internaitonal stage, Wang Xiaoli/Ma Jin had firmed grabbed the #1 position for a while. Therefore, under Yu Yang's request, Li YB picked the best other female double player Wang Xiao Li for Yu Yang, to form the best ever super female double. Wang Xiao Li was also requested to quit the mixed double to concentrate on playing womens double. But unfortunately, Yu Yang / Wang Xiao Li continuesly lost to Zhao Yunlei / Tian Qing, both of whom playing mixed double too.

    On the mixed double side, there is more story. Yu Yang had tried to play with Zheng Bo, He Hang Bin, but not much impressive achievement. Yu Yang complained that HHB was too weak in defense. So she picked Xu Chen, a dominant double player inside China, to play mixed double.

    Unfortunately, YY/XC could not deliver either. While HHB has to play Ma Jin unwillingly. But HHB/Ma Jin did pretty good, they even grab the Malaysia title. Then Yu Yang dumped Xu Chen again, to re-team with HHB.

    In this Korea SS, Xu Chen/Ma Jin has beat Mateusiak/Zieba 21-13/21-9 and Blair/White 21-13/21-19 easily. Not long ago, Yu Yang/Xu Chen lost to Blair/White badly, and also Yu Yang/HHB have lost to Mateusiak/Zieba many times. Xu Chen/Ma Jin, a scratch pair just in a hurry, sound much much stronger than Xu Chen/Yu Yang or HHB/Yu Yang.

    Not only that, in the quarter final, Xu Chen/Ma Jin have to go head to head with HHB/Yu Yang. and guess what? Xu Chen /Ma Jin cruise through with little effort against HHB/Yu Yang 21-13/21-13. XC/MJ were leading all the way.

    I don't know what Li YB and YY are trying to do next. First of all, every other players, no matter female or male, are eager to play with YY, because that will guarantee him/her a ticket to London next year. But in reality, Wang Xiao Li/YY should be fine, even though not the best in the world, but strong enough. For xd, YY will be back to HHB, or still with XC, or find someone else.

    By the way, In my humble opinion, YY, herself, is the weakest link. I think LYB builds everthing around her just because personal relationship. What you guys think? Based on your objective observation and professional analysis.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,651
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO, Yu Yang has better skill than Gao Ling and Ge Fei, but she won't be able to match Gao Ling and Ge Fei's success because her playing styles. Yu Yang plays with power, but Gao Ling and Ge Fei are finesse players who can always hit the birds to hard-to-reach location and create opportunities for their partners.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    erm....she is really the best doubles player? i guess i'll have to doubt it...since her strong position is the front court,she cant quite break the defences of TQ/ZYL in MO last week...well her on court attitude is not that well either...i guess the best women doubles player will be either TQ/ZYL following their form n success recently...TQ reached the finals of XD & WD last week in MO,fought hard in the XD and clinching the WD title..both matches in 3 games. and in the korea ss, both TQ n ZYL reached the WD final agn and is going to play each other in the XD finals...i know this may only be a short term success, but they're undoubtedly the most consistent now....

    PS: this is juz my personal opinion...NO OFFENSE

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    1,243
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some facts from China league (national competition) that I never knew before.
    I just know that Yu Yang has such a power over LYB.

    Previously, I wonder to write about this. Yu Yang vs Ma Jin.
    IMHO, Ma Jin is more talented than Yu Yang. But poor her. In 2010, she was forced to divorce with Zheng Bo (I think one of best XD pairs in recent 5 years), also she loss her partner in WD (Xiaoli).
    But it seems that Yu Yang/Xiaoli is stronger than Ma Jin/Xiaoli (I just reviewed from international tournament, or may be because Yu Yang and Xiaoli has same short hair. LOL)
    How do think to pair Yu Yang with Ma Jin?

    On the other hand, QT/Yunlei is reliable for WD, even each of them should have had stable partner in XD
    TJ/QT and ZN/Yunlei are qualified to play in Olympic (otherwise Yu Yang also want to play XD also).

    However, one thing that make me curious is why in both Malaysian and Korean Open, Du Jing/Pan Pan is seeded better than 3 other CHN WD pairs.
    IMHO, I look at this WD as weakest pair compared to others (even they are still too strong compared to non-CHN WD pair)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DJ was replaced due to her knee injury. That was the same period as China's Super League. CBA either waste a player the calibre of YY or find her a new partner.

    HHB is nonsense. He shows a dash of talent then quickly gets subsumed by his own errors. Other than outright power, HHB is slow in movement and fairly weak in defense. ZB was only paired with YY in Sudiman's Cup 2009.

    The defeat by ZYL/TQ in MO, WXL was in all sorts of trouble. Bear in mind that ZYL & TQ are both forecourt players with a very strong front/mid court game so they capitalise on errors very very quickly. When WXL got her game together, that was the overwhelming 21-6 set against ZYL/TQ in MO, and 21-7, 21-17 win against the same pair in SuperSeries Finals.

    On the talent front, it is a toss between YY and MJ except MJ takes less risk on her shots. Both players anticipates very well in the front court, have fantastic defense even against a man's smashes, possesses great court agility and are adequate rear-court players. YY, for now, has a tad more bite than MJ although the latter has definitely improved tremendously.

    However, as far as the CHN WD players are concerned, there is hardly a whisker's supremacy between any two pairs. Let your guard down and another pair will trump over you.

    Before we proceed further with this discussion, will 2 cents please provide evidence that all changes were on YY's request. AFAIK, CBA is making a whole host of changes to adapt to the cap on players/pairs allowed for London2012. Now is the time to finalise any experimentation.

  6. #6
    Regular Member orangejuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think She is very good in WD .. like to see her perform

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    The defeat by ZYL/TQ in MO, WXL was in all sorts of trouble. Bear in mind that ZYL & TQ are both forecourt players with a very strong front/mid court game so they capitalise on errors very very quickly. When WXL got her game together, that was the overwhelming 21-6 set against ZYL/TQ in MO, and 21-7, 21-17 win against the same pair in SuperSeries Finals.
    .
    Your memory might not be right. More accurately speaking, you don't know theose players well.

    WXL/YY has never beat TQ/ZYL so far. In stead, WXL/YY lost to TQ/ZYL twice in big events including the Asian Games.

    In the super-series final, WXL/YY defeated the already retired pair that time CS/ZYL. while TQ/ZYL was not even qualified to attend the final because they were scratched just during the Asian games.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Your memory might not be right. More accurately speaking, you don't know theose players well.

    WXL/YY has never beat TQ/ZYL so far. In stead, WXL/YY lost to TQ/ZYL twice in big events including the Asian Games.

    In the super-series final, WXL/YY defeated the already retired pair that time CS/ZYL. while TQ/ZYL was not even qualified to attend the final because they were scratched just during the Asian games.
    You are right. WXL/YY beat ZYL/CS instead of ZYL/TQ in super series finals. You are also correct that I do not know any player as well as you appear to. I only watch them in action when its shown on TV. In MO, the loss was due to WXL's instead of YY.

    Please still provide evidence that all changes are suggested or demanded by YY.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    You are right. WXL/YY beat ZYL/CS instead of ZYL/TQ in super series finals. You are also correct that I do not know any player as well as you appear to. I only watch them in action when its shown on TV. In MO, the loss was due to WXL's instead of YY.

    Please still provide evidence that all changes are suggested or demanded by YY.
    There are tons of evidence. My original post was not to leak some insider stories. I thought that's some thing everybody knows. My purpose was to point out LYB's strateges usually always fail, this one is not an exception.

    If you want to find out the evidence, just read what LYB said. He said he has been working hard to find the best partner for YY, the best in both defense and offense, in both WD and XD. If you want the evidence that was suggested and demanded by YY. You can read the news to find out. When YY dumped DJ, she complained a lot about DJ's injury becoming a big burden. And also that time, YY/DJ lost 3 times in a row to WXL/ZYL. In xd, YY complained publically about HHB's defense, and praised Xu Chen. LYB also mentioned that YY will play Olympics in both WD and XD. Another important evidence is that LYB and YY are allies. Finally, they both came from Liaoning. If LYB cannot be promoted to a higher position, after he retires, he has to go back to Liaoning, all his pensions, benefits will be taken care of by Liaoning Phy Ed dept. While YY is the product from Phy Ed dept of Liaoning. All officials benefits are related to the YY's international performance. So at least for this reason, LYB has to promote YY instead of other players. By the way, former single player Zhang Ning was from Liaoning too. She and LYB are allies too.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Factionalism at work. Not surprising anyway.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    There are tons of evidence. My original post was not to leak some insider stories. I thought that's some thing everybody knows. My purpose was to point out LYB's strateges usually always fail, this one is not an exception.

    If you want to find out the evidence, just read what LYB said. He said he has been working hard to find the best partner for YY, the best in both defense and offense, in both WD and XD. If you want the evidence that was suggested and demanded by YY. You can read the news to find out. When YY dumped DJ, she complained a lot about DJ's injury becoming a big burden. And also that time, YY/DJ lost 3 times in a row to WXL/ZYL. In xd, YY complained publically about HHB's defense, and praised Xu Chen. LYB also mentioned that YY will play Olympics in both WD and XD. Another important evidence is that LYB and YY are allies. Finally, they both came from Liaoning. If LYB cannot be promoted to a higher position, after he retires, he has to go back to Liaoning, all his pensions, benefits will be taken care of by Liaoning Phy Ed dept. While YY is the product from Phy Ed dept of Liaoning. All officials benefits are related to the YY's international performance. So at least for this reason, LYB has to promote YY instead of other players. By the way, former single player Zhang Ning was from Liaoning too. She and LYB are allies too.
    To require us to dig for news that YY suggested and demanded it without providing the exact news reporting is misplacing the burden of proof. You claim that there are tonnes of evidence yet everything you wrote qualify as circumstantial evidence at best. This is no different from a UFO hunt.

    At the moment, this reads like a personal crusade against YY. If that's the case, I declare I no longer have any interest in this thread. 3 hours after your post, YY/WXL finally won ZYL/TQ in KO. LYB may have read your post and ordered ZYL/TQ to drop the match to credit YY.

    Oh.. but to LYB's credit, ZN was quite a good bet...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    3 hours after your post, YY/WXL finally won ZYL/TQ in KO. LYB may have read your post and ordered ZYL/TQ to drop the match to credit YY.
    no wonder the decider is so 'interesting'......

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy

    I just saw news that Yu Yang will quit pro badminton forever. So sad, she is at the top of women's doubles and will be sorely missed. Goodbye Yu Yang.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wish she would stay and dominate WD for a while...

  15. #15
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYB lets be a man will balls to call a quit for ordering your players to act !!
    i dont see a top pair need to act their way to losse their match to enter final.

    I see LYB ordering player to act to give opp to their 2nd pair to earn sliver medal.
    Players act to give away walkover should blame it to LYB mastermind.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    LYB lets be a man will balls to call a quit for ordering your players to act !!
    i dont see a top pair need to act their way to losse their match to enter final.

    I see LYB ordering player to act to give opp to their 2nd pair to earn sliver medal.
    Players act to give away walkover should blame it to LYB mastermind.
    Before LYB quit, I would like to see some the the IOC/BWF committee members have the balls to make public apology for their share of the blame.

    Personally, I do not see the need of the round robin. Do you seriously see some rank 100+ players, who can last no more than 10 mins for this level of competition will get a shot at the title if given them 1 or 2 matches???

    This is just a case of "common wealth" gets backfired, due to poor planning.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks to BWF, one of the world's best badminton player will be gone. And, the federation are acting as if they aren't the wrong-doers here; still stating the round robin was a success. They're ignorant and pathetic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    : 12-21-2010, 04:21 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    : 09-29-2009, 01:34 PM
  3. yang yang nanosensation 100 - I want a light, powerful racket with good feel
    By kirbosmash in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 06-13-2009, 01:02 AM
  4. Yang-yang 300b - Are Good?
    By gavias in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 15
    : 05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
  5. anybody can give me some very good pictures of Gade?? :)
    By ZTT1980 in forum Denmark Professional Players
    Replies: 5
    : 06-05-2004, 04:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •