User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default players in adelaide

hello, average player here, looking for interested badminton players in adelaide to play regularly for social and fitness. i live in the henley beach area, cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should try glenelg badminton club mate.
    Monday nights 730pm at the badminton sa headquarters.
    42 Rutland ave lockleys.

2 min drive from Henley beach.
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thankyou so very much for the reply, lockleys tend to be very busy and i suspect very experienced players there. i will try another ? club that isnt so busy. But really looking for someone who isnt affliated or just wish to play for fun away from club setting or just socially on a regular basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they used to have socials at Glenunga International High School on Mondays and Thursdays 7.30-10?pm. They have 6 courts, beginners to advance players. Run by a guy called Ken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aident View Post
    thankyou so very much for the reply, lockleys tend to be very busy and i suspect very experienced players there. i will try another ? club that isnt so busy.
    If you don't mind driving up to the hills, you'll find that the Ranges badminton club on Friday nights isn't too busy, and the atmosphere there is very friendly. They cater to a range of standards.

For a list of clubs, as well as places that do casual court hire, check out the Badminton SA web site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the standard like at these places?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody at all ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Most of the clubs I've been to in Adelaide are mix of social players and people who play B/C grade competition. Sometimes you'll see a handful of A grade players at PAOC on a Sunday morning. Is there any particular club you're interested in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually from Melbourne, will be in Adelaide for about a year from next month because of a job, so no, no particular club. Would like to play with a group's social session on a weekly basis. Am an intermediate player. Thanks a lot. Oh, and will be staying slightly north of the city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I'm actually from Melbourne, will be in Adelaide for about a year from next month because of a job, so no, no particular club. Would like to play with a group's social session on a weekly basis. Am an intermediate player. Thanks a lot. Oh, and will be staying slightly north of the city.
    There's not a lot north of the city. Closest to you would probably be the PAOC club, meeting on Sunday mornings. They're at Kent Town, very close to the city centre. They tend to be a little bit "cliquey", so they might seem slightly unwelcoming on a first visit, but if you turn up three weeks in a row then it gets better once people get to know you.

I've heard good things about the Ingle Farm club on Tuesday nights, although I've never managed to get there myself. They're about 14 km north of town.

If you have access to a car, the drive to the Ranges club in Heathfield (Friday nights, about 20 min from the city centre) is worth the effort. Their web site is broken, but they're still meeting every week.

There are a few other places too. Addresses of clubs and names of contact people are on the Badminton SA web site, see link above.

Hopefully I'll get to meet you when you arrive. I hope you enjoy your year in Adelaide!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, My partner and I have just moved to Adelaide from Perth and I am looking for places to play. I am an average but not very strong female player, so any clubs or just places to play games with other people socially would be great. I prefer playing with feather shuttles as I am used to playing with those in Perth, so would be really great if there are any places with people around my skill level that uses feathers. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexh View Post
    There's not a lot north of the city. Closest to you would probably be the PAOC club, meeting on Sunday mornings. They're at Kent Town, very close to the city centre. They tend to be a little bit "cliquey", so they might seem slightly unwelcoming on a first visit, but if you turn up three weeks in a row then it gets better once people get to know you.

I've heard good things about the Ingle Farm club on Tuesday nights, although I've never managed to get there myself. They're about 14 km north of town.

If you have access to a car, the drive to the Ranges club in Heathfield (Friday nights, about 20 min from the city centre) is worth the effort. Their web site is broken, but they're still meeting every week.

There are a few other places too. Addresses of clubs and names of contact people are on the Badminton SA web site, see link above.

Hopefully I'll get to meet you when you arrive. I hope you enjoy your year in Adelaide!
    Thanks! I'll check it out

Any idea how much these places charge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generations26: Just scroll up and read the other posts in this thread! I think most of the information you need is there. I know that the PAOC, Sturt and Ranges clubs use feathers, whereas Glenelg use plastic. Not sure about the others, but you could just get in touch with them and ask. Do post again if you have any more questions.

adonic: Prices vary a lot from place to place, typically between $4 and $8 per session.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you again for your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might check out Ingle Farm tomorrow.

where do you play alexh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    where do you play alexh?
    Most weeks, Friday nights at Heathfield and Sunday mornings at PAOC. Say hi if you drop in to either of those places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexh View Post
    Most weeks, Friday nights at Heathfield and Sunday mornings at PAOC. Say hi if you drop in to either of those places.
    hi alex
    can you show the exactly address of PAOC. can I come and try this Sunday morning

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast