User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 63
  1. #18
    Regular Member johnlowe88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Has anyone tried measuring these thin gauge strings? Are the manufacturers accurate in their claims?
    Hi, I just measured the NBG-98 - from a reel, I get between 0.66-0.67mm. Then I thought to try a strung racquet, NS7000 at 22lb even. I get thicknesses between 0.62-0.66mm across the string bed. It does appear that where the string was being clamped, that the string is slightly crusshed. Maybe I should have a look at the string under a microscope. My clamps had been slipping a little when I was stringing my racquet, so I tightened them - maybe that is the cause. I have since cleaned the clamps so they should grip better and adjusted for minimum pressure that still holds this string and will check on my next racquet.

  2. #19
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Is that the on again, off again from before? Back by popular demand?
    Panda only makes suggestions and reports findings to Ashaway. They ultimately make the decisions.

    So far, yes, Panda highly recommends Ashaway produce "ZMPro" in red (255,0,0).

  3. #20
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Prototype string. If "good enough", it may be produced.

    Going to send a bunch; OK, not a bunch but a good quantity to Kwun to test.
    good quantity > bunch?

    i will take one, a few, some, a bunch, good quantity, a lot, a truckload, a container worth of ZMPro. any day!

  4. #21
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    the nice thing about using ZM62 regularly, is that one will guarantee to break every couple of weeks. that means i get the opportunity to put a new set of strings on my racket again. and this means i can start the first round of testing. and that would likely be the BG66UM. anyone recommend a good tension for it? 26? 27? ZM62 plays incredible at 27.

  5. #22
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    good quantity > bunch?

    i will take one, a few, some, a bunch, good quantity, a lot, a truckload, a container worth of ZMPro. any day!
    You will get "some" from this pile...very soon.


  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the nice thing about using ZM62 regularly, is that one will guarantee to break every couple of weeks. that means i get the opportunity to put a new set of strings on my racket again. and this means i can start the first round of testing. and that would likely be the BG66UM. anyone recommend a good tension for it? 26? 27? ZM62 plays incredible at 27.
    Honestly, if you are conducting tests, its better that you set a baseline for tension. If you prefer the ZM62 at 27, you should test all strings at 27, so you get a good idea about its playability. i figure its best to control as many variables as possible anyway.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,457
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jymbalaya View Post
    Honestly, if you are conducting tests, its better that you set a baseline for tension. If you prefer the ZM62 at 27, you should test all strings at 27, so you get a good idea about its playability. i figure its best to control as many variables as possible anyway.
    if I'm not wrong, I read somewhere in BC
    if the string thinner, it would feel tighter than thicker string
    so if you always play using string 0.62 at 27lbs
    0.7 should be at 30lbs (3lbs more than using 0.62)

  8. #25
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jymbalaya View Post
    Honestly, if you are conducting tests, its better that you set a baseline for tension. If you prefer the ZM62 at 27, you should test all strings at 27, so you get a good idea about its playability. i figure its best to control as many variables as possible anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    if I'm not wrong, I read somewhere in BC
    if the string thinner, it would feel tighter than thicker string
    so if you always play using string 0.62 at 27lbs
    0.7 should be at 30lbs (3lbs more than using 0.62)
    that's what i was leaning on.

    the factor that should be kept constant should be the response of the string, and not the tension. for a thicker string to achieve the same response, it will need to be higher tension.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    that's what i was leaning on.

    the factor that should be kept constant should be the response of the string, and not the tension. for a thicker string to achieve the same response, it will need to be higher tension.
    oh, sorry then.

  10. #27
    Regular Member Sentinel604's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    You will get "some" from this pile...very soon.

    Where's mine?

  11. #28
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    BG66UM strung @ 26lbs and ready to test tonight...

  12. #29
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow. like it.

    the BG66UM is a stiff string, yet at the same time, not too stiff to be dead. it has decent repulsion at 26lbs. the pitch is very high. the control and feel is quite good. the sound from smash while not in par with ZMPro, is up there.

    so far, here is my verdict.

    sound: ZMPro > BG66UM > ZM62
    repulsion: ZMPro > BG66UM > ZM62
    feel: BG66UM > ZMPro > ZM62
    durability: ZMPro > ZM62. BG66UM unknown

    yes. i am about to retire ZM62.

  13. #30
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    durability: ZMPro > BG66UM > ZM62.

    broke the BG66UM today!!!

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK, Kent
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very keen to get hold of some ZMPro as my go to string at the moment is BG66M (purchased 100m off eBay from Oz). Would be great to try it on my T-pros!

    T-Pro with ZMPro - sounds awesome!

    If enough people show an interest and postive responses to these threads will Ashway bring it into production more quickly?

  15. #32
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    dang. this burned a small hole in my wallet. hopefully it will last longer than the BG66UM. also got the VS-850 as a sample from Victor. lots of string testing to be done!!

    Name:  2M6Q9849.jpg
Views: 2101
Size:  183.3 KBName:  2M6Q9850.jpg
Views: 2109
Size:  175.0 KB

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    dang. this burned a small hole in my wallet. hopefully it will last longer than the BG66UM. also got the VS-850 as a sample from Victor. lots of string testing to be done!!

    Name:  2M6Q9849.jpg
Views: 2101
Size:  183.3 KBName:  2M6Q9850.jpg
Views: 2109
Size:  175.0 KB
    Hi Kwun , dunno will it last longer but I love it more than BG66UM , have fun with it 

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    tampines
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Kwun,
    would be waiting for ur review of the Maxima as i love using Maxima myself too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    : 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM
  2. FS/FT: zymax 62 strings on sale or trade for bg80s or bg66um
    By ggman8988 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 08-09-2012, 04:37 AM
  3. Thick Gauge Strings
    By staiger in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 4
    : 02-22-2010, 06:27 PM
  4. Yonex BG66M or S strings
    By dollargood in forum Market Place
    Replies: 4
    : 01-02-2010, 08:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •