User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought that words like "G.D" are not allowed in BC.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Thought that words like "G.D" are not allowed in BC.
    Context my friend, context

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    lcw is after all a kumpong boy who can't even handle an interview - unlike lin dan. if you can't agree 100% that he is cocky, unprofessional, hypocritical and unbecoming, well at least you will agree that he lacks grace, class & intellect (compared to lin dan). i mean how intelligent can you be when you have misbun as your coach? did he not quit BAM only to appear right away alongside lcw and coaching him in the malaysian open? i guess he simply can't stay away from the limelight even for a minute - what a loser.

i've been watching lcw play the last few years and have seen his change in character on court. i used to like him but am lately having 2nd thoughts. he has become emotionless much like a ruthless assassin (ala morten frost) and seem to be obsessed in trying to establish his legacy as world no. 1 come hell or high water. but unfortunately, or fortunately. the annal of badminton history will always coin him as a 2nd fiddle to lin dan!
    Holly banana, I thought LCW and LD are playing a badminton game, Ruthless Assassin that is serious business Dude....maybe you are watching too much American TV...LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Holly banana, I thought LCW and LD are playing a badminton game, Ruthless Assassin that is serious business Dude....maybe you are watching too much American TV...LOL
    They say CONFIDENCE is an important ally, and it seems LD has more of it, at least for the moment.

You would recall that LCW's confidence level was sky high during the Malaysia Open and even the incomparable TH was not allowed to shine.
    Last edited by Loh; 02-01-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

w/o. Lin Dan...King on court,
    against Lin Dan...Mouse on court,
    and that's how our beloved Datuk goes to court,
    if you can't take that, then
    you must be more than a LCW die-hard fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god, how i hated morten frost - he brought death along with him and killed the game for many like us. totally uninspiring and ruthless (i mean merciless), even towards his good old friend steve baddeley whom he once thrashed the daylights out of. he literally sucked the life out of the game for me. for the good of badminton, i totally wish lcw does not end up like morten frost. morten frost is one 'legend' i would like to forget; brings back many unpleasant memories in badminton. so far, i can see almost all the players these days are the emotive and/or affectionate kind which makes it really fun to watch. i'm enjoying it a lot these past few years - it makes me wanna be like them on and off court!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god, how i hated morten frost - he brought death along with him and killed the game for many like us. totally uninspiring and ruthless (i mean merciless), even towards his good old friend steve baddeley whom he once thrashed the daylights out of. he literally sucked the life out of the game for me. for the good of badminton, i totally wish lcw does not end up like morten frost. morten frost is one 'legend' i would like to forget; brings back many unpleasant memories in badminton. so far, i can see almost all the players these days are the emotive and/or affectionate kind which makes it really fun to watch. i'm enjoying it a lot these past few years - it makes me wanna be like them on and off court!
    I think too much baddy for you lately, mate

better enjoy CNY with your family

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw is after all a kumpong boy who can't even handle an interview - unlike lin dan. if you can't agree 100% that he is cocky, unprofessional, hypocritical and unbecoming, well at least you will agree that he lacks grace, class & intellect (compared to lin dan). i mean how intelligent can you be when you have misbun as your coach? did he not quit BAM only to appear right away alongside lcw and coaching him in the malaysian open? i guess he simply can't stay away from the limelight even for a minute - what a loser.

i've been watching lcw play the last few years and have seen his change in character on court. i used to like him but am lately having 2nd thoughts. he has become emotionless much like a ruthless assassin (ala morten frost) and seem to be obsessed in trying to establish his legacy as world no. 1 come hell or high water. but unfortunately, or fortunately. the annal of badminton history will always coin him as a 2nd fiddle to lin dan!
    Dude...I dunno what Morten, the Frost Man, did to you so badly in your past life you use words like death, killed, ruthless, merciless, assassin, hell....those are heavy hitters to associate with a game of hitting birdies Take it easy, man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, you guys are right, i get carried away sometimes because i loved the game. i should learn to take it easy but i hope you catch my drift. and happy lunar new year to all & gong xi fa cai! looking forward to more exciting games after the new year!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pray tell me who did you like during that Frost era and why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha....this thread is getting really funny. Keep it coming, guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    i'm not saying he's cocky or smth... he's not apologizing when he hits the shuttle that touches the net and fall on the other side like every other players did. I saw LD keeps raising his hand apologizing even when LCW/any other players made a mistake at the net, wonder why was that? hahaha...
    Many people notice such interesting "unique" behavior of LCW amongst the top players but not dare to point it out here in BC... coz u know... hehehe... It's Boleh-Central here... . hehe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPower View Post
    Good job LINDAN! Facing TH,SS,LCW in a row and going all the way!

As for LCW being "cocky", well, I noticed this little change personality of LCW since 2008. Whenever LCW plays LD, he's shouting/pumping fist, I think it's a way to give himself confidence in the game. While on the other hand, LD has become more polite / humble (you all remember how he was back in the days, right?). TXF taught LD to control his temper, and it really works for LD.
    IMO, LCW after 2008 is in some way quite similar to LD after 2004: eager to win more to compensate the failure to take Gold medal at OG, or to prove in another way for same purpose...

I felt that LCW change in may ways after 2008, apart from what u mentioned, he also improved a lot in technique. He became more speedy, powerful and invincible for all players other than LD...

From this perspective, LCW must thank LD.

Yet, as said by other BCers, LD should also thank LCW for keeping to be the closest and the only real consistent challenger, that also pushes LD to evolve in order to keep himself ahead of LCW on court.

However, every sensible man knowing badminton would know who's better from badminton point of view.

So congratulations to LD!
    Last edited by Jonc108; 02-04-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexyong View Post
    Let's hope no one will ever say LD is 'afraid' of LCW ever again.

and yes, Congratulations to Lin Dan. You could have finished him off with 2 sets but with your injury it's understandable, wish you all the best!
    There is no need to hope, I guarantee you there would be people saying LD afraid of LCW very soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Many people notice such interesting "unique" behavior of LCW amongst the top players but not dare to point it out here in BC... coz u know... hehehe... It's Boleh-Central here... . hehe...
    Each and everyone of them has a 'unique' behavior

and there is nothing wrong in pointing it out

It's the way bc members point it out lol

Starting lcw with his non apologetic behavior,

probably he feels it is normal

or maybe he wants to show ld he is the 'man'

Either way it's not that bad, eh?

And with ld's recent blowing of his nose here

and there and in front of the camera?

Though its a bit indiscipline, its not so much of a big deal, is it?

Some may not agree and suggested he should get time off for that

otherwise he is spreading germs all over the court

Now I am beginning to think maybe these members are correct,

it could have been those germs that caused lcw that match : D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Each and everyone of them has a 'unique' behavior

and there is nothing wrong in pointing it out

It's the way bc members point it out lol

Starting lcw with his non apologetic behavior,

probably he feels it is normal

or maybe he wants to show ld he is the 'man'

Either way it's not that bad, eh?

And with ld's recent blowing of his nose here

and there and in front of the camera?

Though its a bit indiscipline, its not so much of a big deal, is it?

Some may not agree and suggested he should get time off for that

otherwise he is spreading germs all over the court

Now I am beginning to think maybe these members are correct,

it could have been those germs that caused lcw that match : D
    Both appear to be not nice but we should see it from the basics.

Gesture of apology for lucky shots is a recognized badminton game manner (u could call it hypocrisy, like it or not). As a world class player "known for good manner", it's normal people would expect him to do so as all top players do, otherwise would by seen as anti-social...

LD was having flu during KO (according to commentators during KO broadcasting, I cannot prove anyway ). If this is true, he must be suffering blocking noses during the matches. The umpire did not allow him to stop so frequently to wipe nicely during the competition. What should he do? Having nose blocking to loss if not death? Or WO? (therefore I agree what you said, it might be LD's germs caused LCW the match, LCW should consider to appeal on this basis... )

I m sure his sponsors would also don't like see his nose-blowing in front of the camera, neither did LD himself as this would be undesirable to his commercial advertising image! LD must be losing money therefore...
    Last edited by Jonc108; 02-04-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Hahaha, no such thing as dont dare, you all constantly critise & nitpick at LCW, from the food poisoning case to TC, to press intv, etc. More so than the so called boleh fans, but if we comment little wee bit abt LD/China players, wow, jump with intensity like from high mountain, lol. Even certain well informed INA fans are not spared.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast