User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 159
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Frankly speaking, I believed the mild outburst by LCW and TH to the press (acc. to taneepak) was because of many "occasional" last minute withdrawals of LD. The Chinese BA was partly responsible for it. But looking at a bigger picture and from the CBA point of view, its strategy to them in order to achieve their goals.

    That a side, whenever LD feature in a final more often than not he would deliver.

  2. #87
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Many "occasional" last minute withdrawals of LD

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Frankly speaking, I believed the mild outburst by LCW and TH to the press (acc. to taneepak) was because of many "occasional" last minute withdrawals of LD. The Chinese BA was partly responsible for it. But looking at a bigger picture and from the CBA point of view, its strategy to them in order to achieve their goals.
    .
    These are some of the reasons;

    * Some Lin Dan fans say "It's up to CBA to decide if he is to withdraw or not"
    * Anti-Lin Dan fans say "Don't give excuses and withdraw when he thinks he cannot win"
    * Paying spectators say "How can he withdraw when we have bought tickets to watch him play?"

    In the end, the tournament organisers have a lot of explaining to do.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-08-2011 at 12:52 PM.

  3. #88
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,660
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    These are some of the reasons;

    * Some Lin Dan fans say "It's up to CBA to decide if he is to withdraw or not"
    * Anti-Lin Dan fans say "Don't give excuses and withdraw when he thinks he cannot win"
    * Paying spectators say "How can he withdraw when we have bought tickets to watch him play?"

    In the end, the tournament organisers have a lot of explaining to do.
    .
    Haha, unfortunately I belong to the last category and it spoilt my trip to KL.

    To a limited extent our unscheduled night badminton game with Michael Lee of MBA Puchong and BCers compensated our disappointment, especially my buddy abedeng who provided lots of fun.
    (My post can be found here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...2011-SIDELINES )

    How would you explain that LD took the trouble to fly to KL, played a few matches in the MO before giving a walkover to younger compatroit Chen Long when he had the flu- not unless the flu occured the very day he was scheduled to play CL? Anything is possible though.

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    flu plus 'injury' = wo passed by malaysian doctor = very, very possible

  5. #90
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Frankly speaking, I believed the mild outburst by LCW and TH to the press (acc. to taneepak) was because of many "occasional" last minute withdrawals of LD. The Chinese BA was partly responsible for it. But looking at a bigger picture and from the CBA point of view, its strategy to them in order to achieve their goals.

    That a side, whenever LD feature in a final more often than not he would deliver.

    Yes, lcw and th should do more of such outburst, if you all like to use this word, whenever such wo by ld occurs

    In fact the whole lots of world class players participating should do the same as well,

    Maybe some are already here with us in bc ..lol

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i saw the video again and can confirm that lcw was eager to walk away from lin dan after the match and doesn't want to shake his hand or congratulate the winner - what a sore loser! this is in absolute contrast to the scene when he disposes of an opponent, he would readily shake their hands and whispering sweet nuthin' to their ears as if to console them. what a hypocrite, right? maybe hypocrite is too strong a word but you catch my drift, i hope.

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    i saw the video again and can confirm that lcw was eager to walk away from lin dan after the match and doesn't want to shake his hand or congratulate the winner - what a sore loser! this is in absolute contrast to the scene when he disposes of an opponent, he would readily shake their hands and whispering sweet nuthin' to their ears as if to console them. what a hypocrite, right? maybe hypocrite is too strong a word but you catch my drift, i hope.
    Cmon man......LD ran to the stand and grap CHN flag.......is there time for LCW to hang around the net waiting for LD to come back??? Big NO NO....

    Are you watching the same match??? maybe not

  8. #93
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    i saw the video again and can confirm that lcw was eager to walk away from lin dan after the match and doesn't want to shake his hand or congratulate the winner - what a sore loser! this is in absolute contrast to the scene when he disposes of an opponent, he would readily shake their hands and whispering sweet nuthin' to their ears as if to console them. what a hypocrite, right? maybe hypocrite is too strong a word but you catch my drift, i hope.
    hypocrite is not the right word to use if you are a baddy lover

    The moment ld won, he rushed out of the court to grab the china flag

    He should have approach lcw, the umpire and service judge first before his celebration.

    But we understand, that win meant a lot to ld, able to beat lcw again and those $€.....

    btw, no more 60:40 share with cba

  9. #94
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Players should thank each other first, then thank the umpire, lines judges and crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Cmon man......LD ran to the stand and grap CHN flag.......is there time for LCW to hang around the net waiting for LD to come back??? Big NO NO....

    Are you watching the same match??? maybe not
    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    hypocrite is not the right word to use if you are a baddy lover

    The moment ld won, he rushed out of the court to grab the china flag

    He should have approach lcw, the umpire and service judge first before his celebration.
    .
    I believe that after a match is over (before celebrating with teammates), players should thank each other first, then thank the umpire, lines judges and spectators.

    Most opponents, umpires, lines judges and spectators all want to go home ASAP.

    .

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western Hemisphere
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I believe that after a match is over (before celebrating with teammates), players should thank each other first, then thank the umpire, lines judges and spectators.
    I agree and I wish they do. However, for the finals victories, especially those weighty ones, that behavior can be excused. It's just raw human emotion.

    tsae75's observation is correct. But for people who watched the 4:3 version of the videos, that little drama was outside of the screen.

  11. #96
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Perhaps, I have been watching more Tennis Grand Slam Finals matches

    Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    I agree and I wish they do. However, for the finals victories, especially those weighty ones, that behavior can be excused. It's just raw human emotion.

    tsae75's observation is correct. But for people who watched the 4:3 version of the videos, that little drama was outside of the screen.
    .
    Perhaps, I have been watching more Tennis Grand Slam Finals matches than Badminton Finals.

    I have never seen a Tennis player waiting at the net (waiting endlessly) for the winner to celebrate with his/her teammates first before coming over to shake hand.


    To me, it's rude to keep someone waiting. Therefore, I would walk straight away to the shower room if my opponent doesn't want to shake my hand as soon as the match is over.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-14-2011 at 12:06 AM.

  12. #97
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey yoppy,

    i am refering to the moment right after lin dan's euphoria when he eventually made the effort to go over to lcw while he is still packing his bag at the side of the court. at the corner of your screen, you will see the lcw's body language which seem to suggest quite clearly his reluctance to sincerely congratulate lin dan or shake his hand. it was done quite hurriedly i would say, don't you think so? (now i'm nitpicking, some would say - "c'mon it's only a badminton game" and all the wise cracks from the cool dudes of the forum). maybe i am but one can decipher a lot from such minute gesture and honestly, i kinda enjoy it as well.

    even during the prize ceremony, you can see lin dan making the conscious effort to start a conversation with lcw and keeping the situation as relaxed as possible eventhough it looked kinda awkward to him. at the same time, lcw is somewhat indifferent and 'in a slightly different mood', don't you think so? there was hardly a smile on his face and i sense a tinge of arrogance, shock and disbelief all mixed in which is unlike lcw of the past. maybe i'm wrong but i can see he is really disappointed with this lost and i totally understand - in badminton, when you want it too badly, you become your greatest enemy. he is human after all, not morten frost.
    Last edited by tsae75; 02-14-2011 at 12:08 AM.

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Firstly, sorry to out jump Chris answering your question

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    hey chris-ccc,

    i am refering to the moment right after lin dan's euphoria when he eventually made the effort to go over to lcw while he is still packing his bag at the side of the court. at the corner of your screen, you will see the lcw's body language which seem to suggest quite clearly his reluctance to sincerely congratulate lin dan or shake his hand. it was done quite hurriedly i would say, don't you think so? (now i'm nitpicking, some would say - "c'mon it's only a badminton game" and all the wise cracks from the cool dudes of the forum). maybe i am but one can decipher a lot from such minute gesture and honestly, i kinda enjoy it as well.
    So you are saying like LCW is not normal? After waiting like a fool while LD is celebrating and you expect him to put a big smile on his face and shake LD hand?? To me LD eventual effort came too late and at that point LCW had no more resposibility to shake LD hand, whatever came out of him is a bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    even during the prize ceremony, you can see lin dan making the conscious effort to start a conversation with lcw and keeping the situation as relaxed as possible eventhough it looked kinda awkward to him. at the same time, lcw is somewhat indifferent and 'in a slightly different mood', don't you think so? there was hardly a smile on his face and i sense a tinge of arrogance, shock and disbelief all mixed in which is unlike lcw of the past. maybe i'm wrong but i can see he is really disappointed with this lost and i totally understand - in badminton, when you want it too badly, you become your greatest enemy. he is human after all, not morten frost.
    Sorry I did not see the ceremony. So no comment. Maybe others did watch can comment.

  14. #99
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,575
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow There was hardly a smile on his face

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    hey yoppy,

    i am refering to the moment right after lin dan's euphoria when he eventually made the effort to go over to lcw while he is still packing his bag at the side of the court. at the corner of your screen, you will see the lcw's body language which seem to suggest quite clearly his reluctance to sincerely congratulate lin dan or shake his hand. it was done quite hurriedly i would say, don't you think so? (now i'm nitpicking, some would say - "c'mon it's only a badminton game" and all the wise cracks from the cool dudes of the forum). maybe i am but one can decipher a lot from such minute gesture and honestly, i kinda enjoy it as well.

    even during the prize ceremony, you can see lin dan making the conscious effort to start a conversation with lcw and keeping the situation as relaxed as possible eventhough it looked kinda awkward to him. at the same time, lcw is somewhat indifferent and 'in a slightly different mood', don't you think so? there was hardly a smile on his face and i sense a tinge of arrogance, shock and disbelief all mixed in which is unlike lcw of the past. maybe i'm wrong but i can see he is really disappointed with this lost and i totally understand - in badminton, when you want it too badly, you become your greatest enemy. he is human after all, not morten frost.
    .
    Usually, winners are happy and losers are sad. Winners will become more talkative, losers will want quietness and will be meditative.

    I would expect to see those emotions as described above.
    .

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now, this: "To me LD eventual effort came too late and at that point LCW had no more resposibility to shake LD hand, whatever came out of him is a bonus." i do not agree. according to yoppy, it sounds like it is perfectly normal not to even shake hands at that moment off court because it was too late. now that's arrogance to me.

  16. #101
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,662
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    This post mortem is really going nowhere, except creating disharmony.

    A very intense finals has just finished. Both players are literally in their own world, overtaken by different emotions. They are not sworn enemies of each other; yet we take up their opposing causes like the honour of our families and countries depended on it. I think a little perspective is called for...

    This is not the first time Lin Dan has run off in the opposite direction from his opponent after winning a title, and it won't be the last. Also, it is not the first time LCW has shown a grumpy side of his personality, and it won't be the last. Can't we just leave it at that?

    If you wish to point fingers, maybe you should point the biggest ones at the coaches and team managers who have not yet trained these players to become good role models and show respect to the game and the opponents.

    Congratulations to LD for winning the KO. Maybe the next round belongs to LCW.

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did he or did he not shake LD hand? Why don't u tell us what should LCW do?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Congratulations
    By Blurry D in forum Thomas Laybourn Forum
    Replies: 16
    : 08-17-2009, 05:03 AM
  2. Congratulations Ivo!
    By Mr. Fault in forum General Forum
    Replies: 3
    : 06-03-2008, 10:42 AM
  3. Congratulations to LCW & KKK-TBH!
    By little_bird in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 71
    : 07-24-2007, 03:53 AM
  4. Congratulations
    By seven in forum Thomas Laybourn Forum
    Replies: 10
    : 02-28-2004, 01:51 PM
  5. congratulations MAG!
    By olli in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 05-08-2002, 05:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •