User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 159
  1. #137
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western Hemisphere
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Given how this is going, lock it out to cool heads would be a good thing.

  2. #138
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    First of all, I think the whole thing has been overblown. They are humans and they were in a highly emotionally charged situation. Pardon them for not acting superficial.

    If you have to criticize, then both were guilty: LD for celebrating a bit too long before shaking hands; and LCW for turning his back on LD when approached.
    For this issue, you summed the best.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    China
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    Given how this is going, lock it out to cool heads would be a good thing.
    Jee... I thought you have been here long enough to find out that the mods are always on LD's side. If LD is on the receiving end, there's no chance this thread is going to survive pass 5 pages. However, the victim this time is LCW, so there's no rush to lock it.
    It's good for us to run our abuses on LCW till the end of the world though. LD forever . Zhong guo dui jia you!

  4. #140
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    antartica
    Posts
    742
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ld last point

    Does anybody realize that Lin Dan's last winning point in the Korea Open against Lee Chong Wei was like winning a tennis rally where the player who first commits himself or rushes to the front of the net takes a huge risk in an effort to block a strong back/forehand from his opponent who is playing far away from the net.

    This happens in tennis often but I hardly see it in badminton. It is risky in tennis because the person who rushes to the front has to be very certain that he can block his opponents returning shot. In badminton however, the person who rushes to the front usually has an advantage having read his opponents earlier shot that is rather weak. However only a very fast player like Lin Dan can manage to take these risks otherwise you might be chasing the shuttle back to your side's baseline of the court if your opponent manages to return your blocking shot. Lin Dan might have introduced a new way to win a point in badminton that is very similar to tennis
    Last edited by julianng; 02-15-2011 at 06:04 AM.

  5. #141
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually it is nothing new,it was already employed by Han Jian when he beat LSK in the 1982 Thomas Cup Finals.

    In History of China badminton HJ gave a detailed account on how he used this tactic to pip LSK.

  6. #142
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    antartica
    Posts
    742
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Actually it is nothing new,it was already employed by Han Jian when he beat LSK in the 1982 Thomas Cup Finals.

    In History of China badminton HJ gave a detailed account on how he used this tactic to pip LSK.
    Wow, you seem to know a lot about badminton history. How old are you.

    Where did you find this comment from Han Jian ?

  7. #143
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    Wow, you seem to know a lot about badminton history. How old are you.

    Where did you find this comment from Han Jian ?
    From "History of China Badminton" which you can find in the Mediafire files here in this forum.

    The tactic is also used in Table Tennis where you serve and can predict where the ball is going to land based on the body language of your opponent.

  8. #144
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This showed LD know LCW game very well to take the risk. LCW playing too many tournaments is overexposing himself for the china team to analysing and coming out with new ways to overcome whatever new tactics LCW is using.
    Could be also why LD seemed to avoid meeting 'newer' version of LCW for a time before finally playing him.

  9. #145
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post
    This showed LD know LCW game very well to take the risk. LCW playing too many tournaments is overexposing himself for the china team to analysing and coming out with new ways to overcome whatever new tactics LCW is using.
    Could be also why LD seemed to avoid meeting 'newer' version of LCW for a time before finally playing him.
    What you have written is very true. The more LD play LCW the more he would exposed his playing style to LCW and also other opponents. I believe this is just how human operates and adapts especially world class athletes. Besides, CBA have other plans on how to fully utilized their ace card.

  10. #146
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post
    This showed LD know LCW game very well to take the risk. LCW playing too many tournaments is overexposing himself for the china team to analysing and coming out with new ways to overcome whatever new tactics LCW is using.
    Could be also why LD seemed to avoid meeting 'newer' version of LCW for a time before finally playing him.
    If you people keep discussing things like that all the top coaches will soon be out of a job.

  11. #147
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    If you people keep discussing things like that all the top coaches will soon be out of a job.
    Kindly tell us how it goes about that a few sentences from 2 unknown amateurs would costs those top coaches their job?

    Or could it be you are trying to show us that you know a lot more than us here in BC that there are certain topics that we couldn't see through that should not be discussed that only you can tell.
    Last edited by flite; 02-16-2011 at 04:17 AM.

  12. #148
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    What you have written is very true. The more LD play LCW the more he would exposed his playing style to LCW and also other opponents. I believe this is just how human operates and adapts especially world class athletes. Besides, CBA have other plans on how to fully utilized their ace card.
    Let's see the coming months what happens when they have to meet more often

    I would say when this does happen it would be the fittest player win in the end,

    barring injuries and others of course

  13. #149
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Let's see the coming months what happens when they have to meet more often

    I would say when this does happen it would be the fittest player win in the end,

    barring injuries and others of course
    If these 2 great players met more often, it would be a blessing to all badminton enthusiasts first of all. Also like you have mentioned, the winner would be the fitter one in terms of physical and mental.

    So far injury is not an issue to them. Not sure about the "fake" ones.

  14. #150
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Kindly tell us how it goes about that a few sentences from 2 unknown amateurs would costs those top coaches their job?

    Or could it be you are trying to show us that you know a lot more than us here in BC that there are certain topics that we couldn't see through that should not be discussed that only you can tell.
    Of course not! add me as the 3rd unknown amateur.It is not that only I can see it, many other people know it too and they just dont discuss it.Must every opinion be viewed from a personal angle?

    I am not here to bolster any ego, a lot of these tactics have been discussed by coaches on TV for ages and probably on other web-sites.

    Its true to say that without LCW there will be no LD,without Wong Choon Han no Xia Xuan Ze or without Liem Swie King no Han Jian, because

    the rivalry brings out the devil in them.


    In future meetings there will be wins and losses and each win will probably be narrow with a new tactic or mixture,if you think its all about fitness you are entitled to your views and good for you.

    As to the question of coaches losing their jobs, do people have to read things literally, it is merely a figure of speech, a metaphor if you will. If you dont like my views just ignore my comments just like many others, after all do I challenge your views?
    Last edited by Bbn; 02-16-2011 at 07:27 AM.

  15. #151
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Kindly tell us how it goes about that a few sentences from 2 unknown amateurs would costs those top coaches their job?

    Or could it be you are trying to show us that you know a lot more than us here in BC that there are certain topics that we couldn't see through that should not be discussed that only you can tell.
    Can you try not to put words in people's mouth and throw accusations of a personal level, like make statements a bit objective and avoid "witch hunting".Thanks. This forum is for enjoyment and discussion of badminton,not accusing other posters of whatever if you dont agree with them.

    Isn't it already well known that opponents know KKK & TBH's game and can read them well like a book?

    Posts 141 & 143 for eg.have nothing personal in them.
    Last edited by Bbn; 02-16-2011 at 07:44 AM.

  16. #152
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this time better
    only 2 reply for one post
    why this thread is not locked?

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    China
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    this time better
    only 2 reply for one post
    why this thread is not locked?
    Quote Originally Posted by majyun View Post
    Jee... I thought you have been here long enough to find out that the mods are always on LD's side. If LD is on the receiving end, there's no chance this thread is going to survive pass 5 pages. However, the victim this time is LCW, so there's no rush to lock it.
    It's good for us to run our abuses on LCW till the end of the world though. LD forever . Zhong guo dui jia you!
    Need another reason?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Congratulations
    By Blurry D in forum Thomas Laybourn Forum
    Replies: 16
    : 08-17-2009, 05:03 AM
  2. Congratulations Ivo!
    By Mr. Fault in forum General Forum
    Replies: 3
    : 06-03-2008, 10:42 AM
  3. Congratulations to LCW & KKK-TBH!
    By little_bird in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 71
    : 07-24-2007, 03:53 AM
  4. Congratulations
    By seven in forum Thomas Laybourn Forum
    Replies: 10
    : 02-28-2004, 01:51 PM
  5. congratulations MAG!
    By olli in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 05-08-2002, 05:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •