User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 134
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Am I missing something? You mean there were different gatherings?
    If I miss MO2012, I may go for Taipei Open.
    we go or pm in this
    hehe
    sorry for off topic

  2. #19
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by green_day View Post
    Is it coaching, stamina, training, mental strength, technique, speed, defense, tactics, form, footwork, racket, or what?

    LD can lose to even weaker players like Park Sung Hwan, but when he faces the world #1 in LCW, it is a forgone conclusion that LD will win.
    I really dislike the word 'inferior'

    Could it not be 'why lcw only lost to Lin dan?'

    Anyway, what you said maybe true, for the time being

    Let's see what happens in the following months going by bwf rules, who is actually made of steel

    Lcw has only one player to beat and tonight he came close

    Whereas Lin Dan has to skip 3 tournaments to challenge lcw for that

    Let's see if he still has that fast to heal injury in the months to come,

    And for that, he still has a string of players coming very close to beating him

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Korean Open : It wasn't a fair playing field. Lin Dan has the fit and handsome Xia Xuanze coaching him. On LCW's side, a fat chubby guy. Who the hell is that fatty anyway? LCW probably lost out on tactics... He was up there with LD on speed and power... Send the chubby guy to MDs and get Misbun back.

  4. #21
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even if Misbun sidek is there, i don't think it will make much difference.
    Btw, that fat guy is Teh Siu Bock

  5. #22
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
    The Korean Open : It wasn't a fair playing field. Lin Dan has the fit and handsome Xia Xuanze coaching him. On LCW's side, a fat chubby guy. Who the hell is that fatty anyway? LCW probably lost out on tactics... He was up there with LD on speed and power... Send the chubby guy to MDs and get Misbun back.
    hey that guy is a good coach and his name is tay seu bok

    and has been assisting misbun to train lcw for quite sometime

    Anyway probably you are right, with misbun around things could have been different

    after all it was a close game

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lin Dan = 独孤求败 ,Lee ChongWei = 一人之下,万人之上

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by green_day View Post
    Is it coaching, stamina, training, mental strength, technique, speed, defense, tactics, form, footwork, racket, or what?

    LD can lose to even weaker players like Park Sung Hwan, but when he faces the world #1 in LCW, it is a forgone conclusion that LD will win.
    You already have all the answers in some of the points cited but at an extremely minimal degree as time passes.

    On my personal point of view, the one with lesser predictable shots held an slight advantage as the other couldn't capitalized (anticipate) on where the opponent is sending the shuttle to. I can provide a couple of LCW's habitual shots which is the cross-court net shot and the punch-lob which LD clearly took full advantage of. LCW could use the punch-lob on slower players but not on an always on-position LD that replied with a stinging side line smashes. The other is LD's superior ability in his attack which punishes any of LCW 3/4 court lifts.

    Anyway like I said the difference between these two great players are very marginal nowadays and it all boils down to who is fresher on match day.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,642
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No doubt about it, both are great champions. I believe both LD and LCW knows that they are way ahead of the other players. But LCW always gives 100% no matter who he plays, but LD is kind of relax a little bit against other players, but knows he has to give 100% against LCW. Watching them play is like a mind games, they both play cautiously and wait for the other player to make mistake to score a point. So it's all mentally, I think LD just has a slight edge in this category. The rest should be very even.

  9. #26
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sting1988 View Post
    Lee ChongWei = 一人之下,万人之上
    Agree with you. Lee Chong Wei is better than anyone except Lin Dan.

    Quote Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
    The Korean Open : It wasn't a fair playing field. Lin Dan has the fit and handsome Xia Xuanze coaching him. On LCW's side, a fat chubby guy. Who the hell is that fatty anyway? LCW probably lost out on tactics... He was up there with LD on speed and power... Send the chubby guy to MDs and get Misbun back.
    LCW is actually good enough to come up with his own game plan. I think Misbun is not a factor here. LCW can actually go solo in my opinion, but he's loyal. I believe that Misbun DID give him tips before the match!

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The reality is LCW wasn't good enough on the day. The reason for that is tactics. Misbun's tactics even if employed during the early stages of the game would have be useless because Xuanxe would have found a way to neutralize it by the 3rd game. It's a game of anticipation and tactics. They plan 3-4 shots ahead to move each other out of position for the kill. Although LCW is good tactically, another calm head sitting outside the court can shift the balance.. I repeat a calm head, not a fat head thinking about MDs all the time (hahaha.. just joking TSB)


    LCW is actually good enough to come up with his own game plan. I think Misbun is not a factor here. LCW can actually go solo in my opinion, but he's loyal. I believe that Misbun DID give him tips before the match![/QUOTE]

  11. #28
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,532
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Misbun couldn't help LCW those many times before, why suddenly could he have been a factor?
    That being said, LD was missing the calming presence of Tang Xianghu too.

  12. #29
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
    The Korean Open : It wasn't a fair playing field. Lin Dan has the fit and handsome Xia Xuanze coaching him. On LCW's side, a fat chubby guy. Who the hell is that fatty anyway? LCW probably lost out on tactics... He was up there with LD on speed and power... Send the chubby guy to MDs and get Misbun back.
    Quote Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
    The reality is LCW wasn't good enough on the day. The reason for that is tactics. Misbun's tactics even if employed during the early stages of the game would have be useless because Xuanxe would have found a way to neutralize it by the 3rd game. It's a game of anticipation and tactics. They plan 3-4 shots ahead to move each other out of position for the kill. Although LCW is good tactically, another calm head sitting outside the court can shift the balance.. I repeat a calm head, not a fat head thinking about MDs all the time (hahaha.. just joking TSB)


    LCW is actually good enough to come up with his own game plan. I think Misbun is not a factor here. LCW can actually go solo in my opinion, but he's loyal. I believe that Misbun DID give him tips before the match!
    Make up your mind with your two statements,

    You are confusing readers here,

    Are you not contradicting yourself ?

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Frankly, they were quite evenly matched, LCW has improved on his net play not as many half court returns for LD to kill.
    However, he went for too many cross court net returns, LD can read that already (i.e. the matchpoint winner) after 1-2 times, should have played like end of the 1st set, and most of 2nd set in which he gave LD a hard time with spinning straight (not cross court) net shots, forcing LD to lift more.Sometimes you get lucky in your netshots, which he did get a few. Going cross-court netshots against players like LD is too risky because he is so quick to pounce.
    He was also putting pressure on LD with shooting lobs to his backhand, LD was scrambling to cover space with his overhead, opening up room for LCW to attack, wonder why he didn't do that more often in the rubber.
    The other thing is his bad judgement of a few baseline shots in which he erroneously let go when it landed clearly in.
    Perhaps it sent a message to LD that LCW's confidence is dropping and it happened at such crucial time, end of rubber set..Mentally LD was winning, that's why he romped home scoring 6 successive points.

  14. #31
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Frankly, they were quite evenly matched, LCW has improved on his net play not as many half court returns for LD to kill.
    However, he went for too many cross court net returns, LD can read that already (i.e. the matchpoint winner) after 1-2 times, should have played like end of the 1st set, and most of 2nd set in which he gave LD a hard time with spinning straight (not cross court) net shots, forcing LD to lift more.Sometimes you get lucky in your netshots, which he did get a few. Going cross-court netshots against players like LD is too risky because he is so quick to pounce.
    He was also putting pressure on LD with shooting lobs to his backhand, LD was scrambling to cover space with his overhead, opening up room for LCW to attack, wonder why he didn't do that more often in the rubber.
    The other thing is his bad judgement of a few baseline shots in which he erroneously let go when it landed clearly in.
    Perhaps it sent a message to LD that LCW's confidence is dropping and it happened at such crucial time, end of rubber set..Mentally LD was winning, that's why he romped home scoring 6 successive points.
    LD can read some part of LCW's game and intercepts with a powerful smash, making it almost impossible to return even with a quick reaction speed. LCW doesn't have that dimension in his game yet.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because LCW do not have that kind of aura like LD, in Chinese we call it 霸气.

    李终委 will forever be inferior to LD.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    697
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The margin between defeat and success is small.

    I might would agree if the question from this thread been asked 5 years ago, however, regardless how far the head to head victory of LD against Datuk LCW now, their recent meetings has been more interesting than before since there is very little to seperate between them and eventhough a defeat will still be a defeat, its not an easy win anymore for LD against Datuk LCW since the margin between sucess and defeat is small when they are lock horns and this what happened in the recently concluded Korea Open 2011. Therefore, Datuk LCW is no inferior by any measurements as far as he is fighting LD is concern since he has the qualities to beat him with the similar probability of chances as what LD has now.

  17. #34
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,487
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    shooting stroke,
    agree with you
    and the small difference is in the head... literally!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    : 04-23-2012, 02:12 AM
  2. Yonex rackets= inferior quality?
    By bertbrainz in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 44
    : 08-10-2007, 11:54 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    : 08-25-2005, 10:41 AM
  4. Is doubles inferior?
    By jcl49 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 18
    : 06-10-2005, 04:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •