User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Btw whats the different between ss and ps other than a bigger price money ?
    about 10% more on ranking point, which is another failure of bwf tried to made them big, IMO

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Btw whats the different between ss and ps other than a bigger price money ?
    about 10% more on ranking points, i believe

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the following are the reasons why LCW loses to LD:

1. China has a better system. More people; better discipline; better management; above all else, all rounded support system for everything.
    2. LD has "the thing".
    3. LD has an aggressive personality.

Personally, I like LCW more. But IMHO, there is nothing LCW can do to change the above 3 things.

LCW can't change the BAM. He can't hire his own coach. He can't change his personality.
    Last edited by pcll99; 02-07-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, latok lee may have the money and cash to spend de rest of his life in luxury and maybe more if he invests wisely.
    furthermore, he already made a name for himself in malaysian badminton.
    let's not expect too much for him, to compare him with the living legend himself is a bit over-reaching.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Welcoming miss.boon to BadmintonCentral !!!

Quote Originally Posted by miss.boon View Post
    yeah, datok lee may have the money and cash to spend de rest of his life in luxury and maybe more if he invests wisely. furthermore, he already made a name for himself in malaysian badminton.

let's not expect too much for him, to compare him with the living legend himself is a bit over-reaching.
    Welcoming miss.boon to BadmintonCentral !!!

I'm surprised that you have taken Misbun's name as your username.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Welcoming miss.boon to BadmintonCentral !!!

I'm surprised that you have taken Misbun's name as your username.
    thanks, he is one of my fave baddy players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
    The Korean Open : It wasn't a fair playing field. Lin Dan has the fit and handsome Xia Xuanze coaching him. On LCW's side, a fat chubby guy. Who the hell is that fatty anyway? LCW probably lost out on tactics... He was up there with LD on speed and power... Send the chubby guy to MDs and get Misbun back.
    I am sorry I could not stop laughing at what you said here, it was absoultely hilarious, good one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't dispute the facts. Here are the facts.
    (rest of post snipped for brevity)...
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    in statistics, there is something called the law of large numbers. basically what it says is that if there are more sample points, the results given by the sampling is more accurate. having a small sample of just one match is not telling enough of who is stronger.

however, in the case of LCW vs. LD, there are many more sample points so that give more weight to the conclusion drawn.
    hmmmmm..sometimes i wonder if it's really necessary to reply to the post you quipped~clearly it was to bait..at the end, just look at the banters toward the end of the page..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    hmmmmm..sometimes i wonder if it's really necessary to reply to the post you quipped~clearly it was to bait..at the end, just look at the banters toward the end of the page..
    Where you have been lately?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LCW is not a winner, like LD is. In his mind, LCW considers LD to be a superior player so LCW has lost the mental battle before the match has even started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is very obvious before. In this WC, there was hope, but it was the case of 'almost there, but'. So, again, I wish BAM to hire Mr Morten Frost to guide him on his next big assignment. Isn't it a good story? The man who brought LCW into BAM and he finish it with an OG12 gold? So malaysian fans, mau ka? kalau mau mau, cepat.... apa tunggu? cry for what? now, move on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    This quality that Datuk LCW needs to improve more when battling LD and no doubt, LD has the slight mental edge when meeting DLCW when the stakes is high. This was why DLCW lost to LD recently as when the score critically tied 15-15, LD sudden injection of paste change the course of the game instantly favouring him by taking 6 straight point making him a winner.
    Shooting stroke, you just predicted what happened in the Olympics and WC 2011. Again, LD injected pace at the end of the game, taking 3 straight points to win 21-18 and winning gold at the London Olympics. Funny thing is, this also happened at the 2011 WC finals.

Unfortunately, LCW cannot beat LD in the final stretch. This is LD's strength and LCW's weakness (of course, LD is stronger than LCW in other areas as well).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    Shooting stroke, you just predicted what happened in the Olympics and WC 2011. Again, LD injected pace at the end of the game, taking 3 straight points to win 21-18 and winning gold at the London Olympics. Funny thing is, this also happened at the 2011 WC finals.

Unfortunately, LCW cannot beat LD in the final stretch. This is LD's strength and LCW's weakness (of course, LD is stronger than LCW in other areas as well).
    Mental edge has nothing to do with LCW losing. LCW's confidence and play didn't drop. Wrong strategy is the reason. LD changes his style of play during the final few point. This causes LCW who is already under tremendous pressure to make mistakes or play the wrong reply. Chen Long will soon learn to do this as well.. It is during these crucial moments that you need a good coach at the side to remind you about the right play.. LCW didn't have that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mental edge has nothing to do with LCW losing. LCW's confidence and play didn't drop. Wrong strategy is the reason. LD changes his style of play during the final few point. This causes LCW who is already under tremendous pressure to make mistakes or play the wrong reply. Chen Long will soon learn to do this as well.. It is during these crucial moments that you need a good coach at the side to remind you about the right play.. LCW didn't have that.
    LD's coach didn't say nothing at the end of the play. In fact, they didn't remind LD about the right play at the side for the whole match. All they said was just mental control things. For their level, there is not much right or wrong strategy as they know each other and badminton so well. It's all about meantal battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morningfly View Post
    LD's coach didn't say nothing at the end of the play. In fact, they didn't remind LD about the right play at the side for the whole match. All they said was just mental control things. For their level, there is not much right or wrong strategy as they know each other and badminton so well. It's all about meantal battle.
    Indeed it is a mental battle... a battle of strategies.. executing the right shot at the right time. Strategy is "everything!". Towards the end of the 3 set battle, your mind would start to be a little hazy. Your opponent's probably suffering the same way. If you watched the match closely, you would have seen LYB shouting instructions... then you see Lin Dan playing differently. A lot of talk from a lot of people about mental game, but few really understand what it's all about. LCW fought bravely till the end, just didn't execute the right shots towards the end.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In their epic battles,the more famous ones where Lin Dan prevailed,they were either a clear win for Lin Dan who displayed awesome form(eg Beijing 2008 and Asian Game 2010) or close down-to-the-wire encounters (say WC2010 and this LOG'12). In the latter case, IMHO,I noticed that at the crucial moments Lin Dan was still able to stay focused and dared to attack whereas Lee CW tended to play safe,bided his time and waited for his opponent to make mistakes unless there was a clear opening for him to initiate the attack which seldom happened.

In other words, if I may say so, Lin Dan dared to win during those critical points whilst LCW much less so; I somehow felt the latter's body language exhibited lack of confidence,self-consciousness and hesitancy as if he was almost there but simply didn't have the killer instinct to finish it off. In that sense,yes,Lin Dan's superior mental strength gave him the edge when the game/match was tight. Just my 2-cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the pressure builds up so high at the crucial moment.. the 'Hero Complex' takes the risk while the 'hard worker complex' will naturally play it safe and lack initiative to attack. Fortune often favours the bold

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast