User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW should have won the first game..he had four set points but couldnt close the game..Thats mental weakness according to me...
    Third game..all level and the LCW makes horrendous mistakes at times to give away the match..mental weakness again...
    The matches are getting closer..LCW is getting better and LD worse...
    LCW needs to play at full strngth from point 1 and stay ahead throughout to be able to beat LD....he needs to make sure that he does not get himself into a pressure cooker situation..
    The last word has not been written though i think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soami View Post
    LCW should have won the first game..he had four set points but couldnt close the game..Thats mental weakness according to me...
    Third game..all level and the LCW makes horrendous mistakes at times to give away the match..mental weakness again...
    LCW needs to play at full strngth from point 1 and stay ahead throughout to be able to beat LD....he needs to make sure that he does not get himself into a pressure cooker situation..
    Did you watch the game? Most mistakes were caused by the draught in the hall, and both made mistakes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soami View Post
    this is out of world
    when did lcw had 4 set point in 1st set?
    are we talking the same match?
    lcw only get 19 points in 1st set,lol

as for the mistake,yeah,lcw did 15 of it in 1st set
    try to count urself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    I might would agree if the question from this thread been asked 5 years ago, however, regardless how far the head to head victory of LD against Datuk LCW now, their recent meetings has been more interesting than before since there is very little to seperate between them and eventhough a defeat will still be a defeat, its not an easy win anymore for LD against Datuk LCW since the margin between sucess and defeat is small when they are lock horns and this what happened in the recently concluded Korea Open 2011. Therefore, Datuk LCW is no inferior by any measurements as far as he is fighting LD is concern since he has the qualities to beat him with the similar probability of chances as what LD has now.
    Skill wise, yes. Mentally, no.

LCW crumble under pressure at crucial moment, but LD can still deliver. LCW was able to keep up with LD on 1st and 3rd game neck to neck. But he lost out quickly at the last few points when he became nervous while LD was able to push further and seal the deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we analyse restropectively the recent scoring history especially PSSKO 2011 between LD and DLW, even after playing more than a hour and especially in the 3rd set, the world still have no clue who will win as the course of the match can go either to any one of them.

At this highest level of badminton gameplay, any small mistakes can severely distinguish between victory and defeat instantly and when the match points nearing to 21, the aura surrounding how they play dramatically becomes so tense and at this stage, it is criitically important for one to compose and bond his thought clearly in order to have a strong state of mental. By able to maintain at this state, even confronting an overwhelming pressure and tense, the process of translating at the fullest level of confidence the strategy in mind into applied winning tactics will be more coherent.

This quality that Datuk LCW needs to improve more when battling LD and no doubt, LD has the slight mental edge when meeting DLCW when the stakes is high. This was why DLCW lost to LD recently as when the score critically tied 15-15, LD sudden injection of paste change the course of the game instantly favouring him by taking 6 straight point making him a winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and imagine that somebody still call lcw 'inferior'

Btw, where the the thread starter?

Another troll?

Create this thread so that others create drama and he sits down and watch

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lcw actually did quite well this time around with ld

despite losing, he only lost by a little

instead of playing reactively, he was actually controlling the game more than ld in all 3 games, to the point where ld was visibly tired in his footwork and breathing hard

however, ld when he wants to, he can drastically "inject pace" into his game (as gillian clark would say) to elevate it to a level beyond lcw, if only temporarily for a couple of shots.... and that's all that counts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure if this can be debated,

but how about the theory that LD is left handed, he plays against more right handed players (majority of them)

i believe LD somehow have the advantage of dealing with right handed players
    LCW however plays mostly against right handed players, and vs LD, the familiarity isn't there

not sure about LCW training with left handed players though

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Login View Post
    not sure if this can be debated,
    but how about the theory that LD is left handed, he plays against more right handed players (majority of them)
    i believe LD somehow have the advantage of dealing with right handed players
    LCW however plays mostly against right handed players, and vs LD, the familiarity isn't there
    not sure about LCW training with left handed players though
    This may be true. At one time BAM arranged some left handed sparring partners for LCW but don't what happen after that. Maybe their skills are not up to the mark.

"WISHING ALL CELEBRATING A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS CHINESE NEW YEAR"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    I really dislike the word 'inferior'

Could it not be 'why lcw only lost to Lin dan?'
    This is the title from The Star: "Chong Wei to work on overcoming disadvantage against Lin Dan"

The same article says:

"Will he continue to play second fiddle to Lin Dan?"

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...563&sec=sports

The Malaysian press is even saying it ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Wrong conclusion: LCW defeated LD only 4 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by green_day View Post
    LD can lose to even weaker players like Park Sung Hwan, but when he faces the world #1 in LCW, it is a forgone conclusion that LD will win.
    Wrong conclusion.

LCW defeated LD only 4 months ago, at the 2010 Japan Open SS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the title from The Star: "Chong Wei to work on overcoming disadvantage against Lin Dan"

The same article says:

That s because Malaysian press has inferior writers. And BAM has inferior execs.

Are you aware, from CHN coaches behavior, they consider LCW as superior to LD?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..LD can lose to even weaker players like Park Sung Hwan, but when he faces the world #1 in LCW, it is a forgone conclusion that LD will win.
    ..LD lost to a player not even Chen Long has probably heard of (2009 EAG)...but that's very2 rare, just like him losing to PSH..
    Also, it's not really a foregone conclusion that LD will win if he faces LCW. LD has lost a few times before to LCW.
    As for the original question, imo, it comes down to mental and poise. I saw the match and paid attention to the last few pts of the 3rd game (starting at 16 all). I thought LCW for some reason just lost the mental focus and composure, maybe wasn't patient, esp. when he made that 2 crucial errors (smashing into the net & giving an easy lollipop to LD for the easy net kill).
    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    A case in point, before today's LD/LCW showdown the LCW fans have been running down the LD fans. Now with the benefit of knowing the outcome of the Big Battle the LD fans are now hurling insults the other way. This is building up to more massive confrontations in the future.
    off topic:
    ..this is common in BC, and really not a surprise!
    For now, best thing to hope for (if anyone wants to see a "peaceful" BC) is for the 2012 OG to come and end quickly. Once it's over, LD and LCW will call it a day. Then hopefully good riddance to all the noisemakers and all these insults as both of them won't play any longer..so, start counting down..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same article says:

'will he continue to play second fiddle to ld' &

'why is lcw inferior to ld' same meaning to you?

Even when lcw beat chen long and du penyu 21-9, 21-9 & 21-10, 21-10 recently,

I still don't call them 'inferior' to lcw

Because I know the nature of the game well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no doubt LCW is inferior to LD at the moment. You only need to look at the head to head record. If you've been following LD's career, you'll know he didn't play to his max in Korea. He was cruising, then pushed up a gear or two when LCW was getting close. However, the game in Korea showed the LCW has closed the gap significantly. Controversial as it may sound, but I believe LD 's losses to unknowns is probably due Yong Boo's orders to give China's up and coming players like Chen Long and Pengyu to improve their world ranking and get a crack at LCW.

sia;1619248]'will he continue to play second fiddle to ld' &

Because I know the nature of the game well [/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so much of inferiority.. I'm speechless.. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
    There is no doubt LCW is inferior to LD at the moment. You only need to look at the head to head record. If you've been following LD's career, you'll know he didn't play to his max in Korea. He was cruising, then pushed up a gear or two when LCW was getting close. However, the game in Korea showed the LCW has closed the gap significantly. Controversial as it may sound, but I believe LD 's losses to unknowns is probably due Yong Boo's orders to give China's up and coming players like Chen Long and Pengyu to improve their world ranking and get a crack at LCW.

sia;1619248]'will he continue to play second fiddle to ld' &

Because I know the nature of the game well

Just looking at the head to head record can tell lcw is inferior, boy oh boy

So if I look at h2h between ld and the Korean guy, I even forgot his name

who beat him in ag 2009, ld must be inferior to him?

That guy can't even pass preliminary rounds these days

Regarding his cruising with lcw in Korea,

I suppose you were following them there?

Tell us if cruising in the first set why so close and again in the last set at 16 all?

Seriously, I am interested to learn something from you

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast