User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It comes with the teritory... for being world #1 (for 4 years) but having a 20-80 record against LD.

DLCW n LD are like Hector n Achilles... without DLCW, Lin Dan's star would not shine as bright and he'd just be another Rudy Hartono...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    It comes with the teritory... for being world #1 (for 4 years) but having a 20-80 record against LD.DLCW n LD are like Hector n Achilles... without DLCW, Lin Dan's star would not shine as bright and he'd just be another Rudy Hartono...
    As we see, LD is no longer eager for world #1 for long, only interested in big titles, therefore his "Hero / Champion Complex" is always stronger.

People alway like to blame other reasons (national system, coach, teammates, etc) for CW's failure to beat LD in big occasions, yet face the reality, LD is more superior by his own in mentality and smartness on court. He's the real champion.

...Perhaps CW could win 1 or 2 WCs in the couple of years to come when LD is not interested in winning more big titles too (after QG12).....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal take on this is that LD's pace-upping ability comes from his natural overhead hitting technique/deception which allows for him to control the rallies and tire his opponents more by making them late onto the shuttle.

Meanwhile, LCW doesn't have that technique, but instead, controls rallies with his speed of movement. His best shots are when he rushes his opponent through his speed, allowing him to deceive them with slices and crosscourts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a simple sentence (from Rocky) - Lin Dan has got the "eye of the tiger" ....

LCW may be wearing all the tiger stripes and colours, but he is a pussycat when he meets the REAL BEAST !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:O Lin Dan always looks fierce and even when he loses to LCW he looks fierce. LCW always looks unsure even when he wins; it's all mental!!!! LCW knows how to beat LD, but LD knows how to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think because Lin Dan is left handed and because he's chinese(I'm not racist)
    1)Left-handed players pack a stronger punch because the heart is nearer in the left side of your body.
    The left ventricle of the heart pumps blood all throughout the body.
    2)Chinese athletes TRAIN REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderracket View Post
    I think because Lin Dan is left handed and because he's chinese(I'm not racist)
    1)Left-handed players pack a stronger punch because the heart is nearer in the left side of your body.
    The left ventricle of the heart pumps blood all throughout the body.
    2)Chinese athletes TRAIN REALLY REALLY GOOD.
    the left handed player bit is quite interesting, and if you can find some article that could support it, i would love to know about it

maybe because team china emphasize more on not failing the country than personal gain?

i do believe that LD's mental game is a a bit stronger and his desire to win is huge, you can sorta feeling while watching the game (and i'm only watching the games via internet), and i can't imagine watching them both live, must be amazing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my take
    - LD is left hander
    - LD has better court sense, he sort of know where the birdie will land reminds me of Roger Federer who floats around the court (unlike Nadal)
    - because LD court sense, he uses less energy and tires his opponent more
    - LD is a big game player, copes very well with the stress and pressure of 2 billion ppl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inferior isn't the right to use for this thread.

It sound like lcw is a fake,

he has been training hard

and no matter how hard he tries to win important matches against ld, he failed.

Simply, ld is too good for him .. on such matches.

But he does provide us the thrills and excitement

whenever we watch him play ld, isn't that great?

As for the leftie nature of ld,

I don't think there is any scientific evidence

it's an advantage for badminton.

Otherwise, china with her abundance of talents,

would have given more priorites for lefties in their national squad today!

It's simply ld himself with his mind
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 01-06-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lefties or South paws aren't proven to be at an advantage over the Righties/right-handed people, otherwise it would be exhibited across all sports that use hands to play, including basketball,volleyball,squash,table-tennis,etc. I think it's pure coincidence that in badminton, both Lin Dan and Zhao Jianhua are lefties.

About the term inferior, I don't feel it's derogatory,not at this moment. It isn't like calling a low-IQ person stupid or retarded, so have to come up with terms like intellectually challenged. But language is a living thing,perhaps one day it might start to assume negative connotations; on the other hand ,life would be unnecessarily hard if every negative term has to be rephrased to sound at least neutral if not less offensive. Generally, most if not all linguists and lexicographers nowadays are descriptivists than prescriptivists but until they start labelling a word as disparaging,offensive,,obscene or vulgar,let's not be too sensitive about its usage for the time being.

Nevertheless,how about : Why is LCW great but not as great as Lin Dan? or simply: Why is LCW not as great as Lin Dan? (Notice a slight change of emphasis as compared with the original thread title).

Presumably,the above would sound better than ,say: Why is LCW a lesser player than Lin Dan?
    or Why is LCW not as good as Lin Dan?, for example. Pardon me if I seem pedantic.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I still call a retard a retard because a retard would not know that he/she is a retard because he/she is retarded to begin with!! Forget politically correct, living in USA I'm tired of people being so sensitive and cry about every little thing, and now shark fin soup is illegal, THAT is retarded!!!I'm sorry about my ranting, but it's something that's annoying me everyday living in Amercia!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think the edge is all mental game. LD can draw on past successes against LCW in big games to give himself a positive mindset. That's a huge advantage to have psychologically when one side has everything positive to draw on, while the other side almost have nothing to fall back on.

It's one thing to THINK you can beat someone; it's another to KNOW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borbor View Post
    Think the edge is all mental game. LD can draw on past successes against LCW in big games to give himself a positive mindset. That's a huge advantage to have psychologically when one side has everything positive to draw on, while the other side almost have nothing to fall back on.

It's one thing to THINK you can beat someone; it's another to KNOW.
    Like I said ... "eye of the tiger" ... LD knows he can EAT LCW for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper IF he is in the "mood" .... and SADLY, LCW also KNOWS THAT !!

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMO, the mental part stems from something that is inborn and unchangeable: character and personality.

LD may come across as arrogant sometimes, but he is confident, self assured, and well... slightly arrogant.

And we can see the difference even in something simple as a post game interview. He has the coolness to handle any question thrown his way, while LCW answers almost apologetically.

Another simple manner in which we can see this character difference is in the way they carry their posture. LD head up, chest forward. While LCW face down, shoulders drooped.

Name:  001ec94a1d8b11864fbb1c.gif
Views: 296
Size:  105.4 KB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mental game could be taught, then practiced, then mastered. It's just like any strokes / footwork technique; the question lies in whether the player is willing to practice it or not. Neither Ayrton Senna, Tiger Woods, Roger Federer or Lin Dan was born with the instincts of a champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    IMO, the mental part stems from something that is inborn and unchangeable: character and personality.

LD may come across as arrogant sometimes, but he is confident, self assured, and well... slightly arrogant.

And we can see the difference even in something simple as a post game interview. He has the coolness to handle any question thrown his way, while LCW answers almost apologetically.

Another simple manner in which we can see this character difference is in the way they carry their posture. LD head up, chest forward. While LCW face down, shoulders drooped.

Hmmm ... must be due to Lin Dan's PLA training as an ARMY OFFICER (Lt Col ? if I am not mistaken) ...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post

I agree with visor that a lot of the difference between LD and LCW is personality... some inborn, some acquired.
    But one has to be careful how far to interpret data such as an isolated photograph. One could assert that this photo demonstrates LCW taking a subservient posture to LD. But if we weren't there then we can't know the whole context. The conversation may very well have given a different impression:
    LD: I'm not going to pull your finger!
    LCW: Just pull my finger.
    LD: I don't understand this. Why should I pull your finger?
    LCW: You'll love it -- Taufik just taught me. C'mon, pull my finger!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast