A STRINGY DILEMA with some sub question ! ( a confusing one)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by malaysianfreak, Jan 31, 2011.

1. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    hi all BCERS i have a dilema here hmmm
    >> imma changing my strings about 2weeks later and i don't know what string should i use~ :confused: (my string lost it ''pop'' after 2 months )
    ==> my prefrence for a string is a string that is good for SMASHERS! :D and i don't really care the durability~ wad i had in mind now is bg66 and bg6 no zymax in my area~ :(how is bg80 compared to bg66 a?
    ~ > wad tension is good a?my tension now is 24lbs thinking of going to 26lbs ~ i love smashin but my defense and net play is quite pathethic (seriously) so should i up the tension?? :confused:

sub questions :D
    ==> hmm i had a head light and head heavy racket and i recently discovered that if u grip your grip higher than the cone it will make the racket head lighter which means if i grip the head heavy racket above the cone ~ it will make it lighter? therefore i don't have to use the head light for doubles but use the head heavy for both doubles and singles?(bcause the head is lighter) a little confusing :p

2. Badminchess

Badminchess Regular Member

Sub Question ;D

I can answer your sub question :p It's not as much the fact that you're gripping above the cone, but the fact that you're using more grip than usual, so the balance point is being tipped a bit more towards the handle instead of the head on your racquet now. It might not be much of a change, but it still makes your racquet a little more head light than before :D On the other side of the coin, if you've ever heard of people adding lead tape to their racquet, where to they put it? On the head of the racquet, adding weight there to make it more head heavy.

3. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    Give BG80 a try since you can't get Zymax. I don't think you will regret it. It is a very good string if you hit hard and net play it helps also as the string texture is quite rough. The string feel is also harder compared to BG66.

If you have been playing for more than 2 years, you should be able to handle a 2lbs increase. Give BG80 at 26lbs a try as BG80 starts to come alive at 26lbs and above

4. malaysianfreak

student
    oh....so is the cone theory viable??findecano i am using 27lbs at only 8months of play =( i bought my racket from my frend and it is strung at 27lbs...shuld i change the tension?

5. Badminchess

Badminchess Regular Member

Well it is, but not specifically because of the fact that you're gripping past the cone :p Gripping past the cone doesn't make the racquet as head light as, say, adding an extra layer of grip tape onto the handle but not passing the cone :eek:

6. findecano1

Customer Service Exec
    27lbs :eek: but you have to check this when the racket is strung initially at 27lbs the tension will eventually go down 1~2lbs after a few months if the string never breaks and also depending on the stringer.

Different stringers can strung a different feel of a same string at the same tension. Since I have no idea how tight your BG66 feels at 27lbs, you will have to experiment it out if you are going to use BG80

7. malaysianfreak

student
    the string says nbg98 o.o ...
    my verdict >> feels powerful but lacks sound....and my shuttle keep hitting the frame and net =(...

8. malaysianfreak

student
    oh...so u have to buy another set of grip?

9. jysw1986

jysw1986 Regular Member

Safety engineer
    try bg80 at 25lbs then.
    probably 27 is too high for u right now.
    maybe only... just try and see if u like it.

10. findecano1

Customer Service Exec
    If you are using nbg98 then keep the string don't change it.

You keep hitting the frame is due to your mistiming. For the sound you will need to hit on the sweetspot

11. malaysianfreak

student
    okays....just out of curiosity can you restring the racket without changing to a new set of strings?

12. jysw1986

jysw1986 Regular Member

Safety engineer
    i doubt so... if not mistaken

13. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    no

and to answer your sub question..gripping on the cone increases maneuverability because it makes the racket frame closer to your hand
    a pro once said, a player must be able to make the racket as lively as his/her hand (heard from a badminton training video)

14. malaysianfreak

student
    ow...thanks ziggy =) ..i guess i just have to live with the string for a 1month or 2~