User Tag List

Page 102 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2 52 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,718 to 1,734 of 2137
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played singles again last night. My friend had his Arc10 restrung with BG80. I won the first game 15-3 so I'll chaulk it up to him getting used to the new tension. Won the rest with scores of 15-11, 15-6, 15-11. Finally my net game was on fire. I had 4-5 sweet net drops that hit the tape and just rolls over. Maybe because I started to slice my drops when at the net. The Yonex AS-40 again held up pretty well with 1 feather lasting 3 games but the next feather didn't last 1 game. Gonna buy the AS-30 and see how that plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@canucksDynasty

so, you loves Voltric80?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    @canucksDynastyso, you loves Voltric80?
    I think he sleeps with it at night :P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    I think he sleeps with it at night :P
    Heh...my wife might have a problem with that .

Honestly...it's probably the fact that I'm using the right type of racket. Prior to the VT80...I was using the Kimoni NP3000 (flex and even balanced) 4UG2 with BG65 @ 26lbs. At the time, I thought I needed something that would give me more power and quickness. I guess after 2 years with it...I out grown the NP3000. Thus I went with something different. I went with the VT80 cuz it was newer and I never played with a HH racket before. It took some getting used to but it addressed some of my weak points (ie, smashes and clears). I might have been just as successful with the MX80. I chose Yonex cuz it was more familiar and I was clueless of other brands.

Singles play also has been a boon. I find that I don't tire as easily anymore and I don't give up on shots either (as I would have normally done). It's my only workout during the week as my weekend games are more family/friendly play.

Playing with feathers has enhanced the games. Everything is just better with feathers.

As of now...I'm probably top dog among my friends.

My Arc10 friend and I wish to play more competitive doubles game (other than with our friends) just to challenge ourselves to improve. We are also looking at maybe taking lessons. But that probably won't happen until a couple years later. I feel bad leaving my wife at home alone taking care of our daughter. But when my daughter's older and sleeps earlier...I might be able to sneak out another night to get some more games in.
    Last edited by CanucksDynasty; 08-18-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Heh...my wife might have a problem with that .
    I might be able to sneak out another night to get some more games in.
    You just want more time with your VT80 :P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just want more time with your VT80 :P
    I'll be cheating on my VT80 soon as I want to get the MX70 and possibly the MX80.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just use this line, "it's me, Hon, not you"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought commercial ads are not allowed on BC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting my Voltric 80 Ltd. tomorrow, so I'm offering my backup for sale;
    http://www.bustedracquet.us/used_items.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    Cool, any change in specs for the Ltd version?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show us a pic of the VT80LTD when you get it.

Also you should put the specs for your sale racket (ie. 3UG4).
    Serial numbers might also help too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Played singles again last night. My friend had his Arc10 restrung with BG80. I won the first game 15-3 so I'll chaulk it up to him getting used to the new tension. Won the rest with scores of 15-11, 15-6, 15-11. Finally my net game was on fire. I had 4-5 sweet net drops that hit the tape and just rolls over. Maybe because I started to slice my drops when at the net. The Yonex AS-40 again held up pretty well with 1 feather lasting 3 games but the next feather didn't last 1 game. Gonna buy the AS-30 and see how that plays.
    Looking forward to your feedback regarding AS30. Hopefully, it'll help differentiate the many quality aspects of the AS line from 50 down to 10, thereby knowing which is the best bang for the buck (at least in the Yonex line). Thnx.

...sorry to jump the Voltric 80 racquet for AS birdie.
    Last edited by MilGauss; 08-19-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played on the weekend. Mainly mens doubles and some singles (since the wives went shopping instead and thankfully took the kids). But played with plastics Mavis 300. I had a so-so session. My strings were dead cuz I haven't restrung them since I bought the racket (3-4 months with BG80). Every smash I did was slow and pathetic. So afterwards, restrung at ClearOne with NBG-98 @ 27lbs. The lady sounded surprised when I said 27lbs. I then showed her that the VT80 could take such a high tension. I wonder if I should be worried.

First time using NBG-98. Hope it will play well. Next time I'll use BG66UM. Then I'll decide which strings I want to stay with. Maybe buy bulk strings and just pay for the stringing job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll wait patiently for your verdict.... I started off with BG80 on my VT80 and I didn't like it...
    Then I got the BG66UM... Didn't like them at first... Felt dead... But then I guess the strings settled a bit and then I liked it...
    Now I have NBG98 on them and when I first used it... It was like BAM!!! Power and control was there... But now it's been a month or so and my NBG98s feel dead... My friends think I'm making excuses but I can't explain to them that when I hit the bird... It feels and sounds different...
    Planning to get some BG85's on them next... I've had terrible experience with the BG85s but I love the way it feels and sounds... Except they break after 2 weeks... EVEN when used on my backup racquet...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skip the BG66UM, 'coz it loses tension faster than you can say wtf. Go with BG66 Maxima J instead. I like that and NBG98.
    Hopefully the ltd comes in today.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll wait patiently for your verdict.... I started off with BG80 on my VT80 and I didn't like it...
    Then I got the BG66UM... Didn't like them at first... Felt dead... But then I guess the strings settled a bit and then I liked it...
    Now I have NBG98 on them and when I first used it... It was like BAM!!! Power and control was there... But now it's been a month or so and my NBG98s feel dead... My friends think I'm making excuses but I can't explain to them that when I hit the bird... It feels and sounds different...
    Planning to get some BG85's on them next... I've had terrible experience with the BG85s but I love the way it feels and sounds... Except they break after 2 weeks... EVEN when used on my backup racquet...
    Will do. Let me know what your results were too. I really need to change my strings more often though. I knew it was playing worse when my Arc10 friend started returning my first smash at a 90% success rate. It lack the oomph about a month ago.

Skip the BG66UM, 'coz it loses tension faster than you can say wtf. Go with BG66 Maxima J instead. I like that and NBG98.
    Hopefully the ltd comes in today.
    Yeah...I guess I will do that also. My goal here with the strings (and feathers) is to try the Yonex brand first and see what I like/prefer. Then try other brands that mirror closely to the type I chose and is the better pricing and availability.

Heh heh...I'm kinda hoping my VT80 (3UG4) racket will break so I can buy 2 new VT80s (3UG5) . I'm thinking the G5 grip will be better for me cuz I'm having difficulty in performing flicks and deceptive shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know how you feel.... Yesterday I was playing singles with my friend (we never play singles... so we really sucked) and I can't return his smashes properly... I think it's time for a restringing... UGHHH I don't want to because I feel like I'm wasting money... But I am playing soooo much better with my fresher AT900P with NBG95... And it's really blows!!!