User Tag List

Page 103 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3 53 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,735 to 1,751 of 2137
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, my friend is selling his VT80 3UG5? PM me if you're interested (with price), and I'll get more details from him. He used it 2-3 times, and says that it's too HH for him and went back to Nano9900

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh heh...I'm kinda hoping my VT80 (3UG4) racket will break so I can buy 2 new VT80s (3UG5) . I'm thinking the G5 grip will be better for me cuz I'm having difficulty in performing flicks and deceptive shots.[/QUOTE]

I was using 3UG4, and that was ok ... then I got a 3UG3, took the original grip off, then put on the Yonex AC102EX Supergrap...and that was perfect. Too thin a handle-grip would offer lack of grip when smashing, imho.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limited328 View Post
    oh, my friend is selling his VT80 3UG5? PM me if you're interested (with price), and I'll get more details from him. He used it 2-3 times, and says that it's too HH for him and went back to Nano9900
    Umm...you're in ON while I'm in BC. Price of shipping = sales tax. I might as well just buy a new one. Besides...I need my VT80 to break first . Then I can say to the wife...they had a deal...buy 2 for lesser price...and I save X dollars. Best excuse I can think of at the moment.

I think this year alone...I want (repeat want) to spend close to $1000 (spent $350 so far) on badminton stuff. And no future purchases for a long time (except feathers and strings).

Gonna get the Victor BG610 backpack.
    Gonna get SBH102LTD (black/yellow).
    1 x VT80 (3UG5)
    1 x MX70 (3UG2)
    grips, etc
    (all of it for the backpack to take with me for my weekly singles games at night).

Using my current beat up 6 racket bag for the family/friend weekend play.
    That will have my SBH102MX shoes along with my wife shoes.
    It'll have my current VT80 (3UG4), MP66 and NP3000 and other stuff.
    I'll wait to upgrade the bag and contents.

Well...at least that's the plan.
    Last edited by CanucksDynasty; 08-22-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    I was using 3UG4, and that was ok ... then I got a 3UG3, took the original grip off, then put on the Yonex AC102EX Supergrap...and that was perfect. Too thin a handle-grip would offer lack of grip when smashing, imho.
    Possible. Won't know unless I try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CanuackDynasty.... how much are they selling CD coded VT80 over there?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    CanuackDynasty.... how much are they selling CD coded VT80 over there?
    Last week at Tad's was quoted $200 + tax = $224 (Canadian dollars). It's a bit cheaper (not CD coded) with RKEP at $189 + shipping (ie. $25 or so) and you get 10 free RKEP grips (about $8 worth). = $214. It's gotten more expensive at mybadmintonstore for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure Busted Racquet would be flexible with their prices as well. http://www.bustedracquet.us/index.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    I'm sure Busted Racquet would be flexible with their prices as well. http://www.bustedracquet.us/index.html
    Kinda not wanting to drive over an hour to chilliwack just to get a badminton racket. But thanks anyways.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got a call from ClearOne. It seems they ran out of the NBG-98. So went back to BG80 @ 27lbs. Next time I'll string at Tad's or some other place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Just got a call from ClearOne. It seems they ran out of the NBG-98. So went back to BG80 @ 27lbs. Next time I'll string at Tad's or some other place.
    you should have went crazy, and went for NBG95@30lbs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    you should have went crazy, and went for NBG95@30lbs
    They didn't even have NBG95 and they have my money already. So went with BG80 and they'll credit back the difference. Maybe 30lbs some other time. Still trying to find the right tension and strings.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand the need to find optimal strings. I'm starting to be that way inclined hehe. However, I'm not letting that stop me enjoy my badminton with the 3U VT80. I have two 3U VT80's, one strung with (cheap!) BG65 string at 25 pounds, another strung with (slightly less cheap!) BG70 string at 27 pounds. To be honest, I don't really find much difference, but if I had to pick, I'd go with the BG70 at 27 pounds.

In saying that, the biggest factor for me is still my technical level. Not grip, not string, not room temperature hehe. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about playing with rice noodles as string or playing with no grip whatsoever - it seems many people use similar arguments to counter mine (that is, talking in the extremes), which I find a little odd.

I believe that my playing level is about the same no matter which string I use. However, I'm hoping to be proved wrong when I eventually re-string my VT80's (I haven't re-strung them since I got them a few months ago, and they are both surprisingly holding tension very well, considering I have a decent smash) - I've got NBG95 and NBG98 to try out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    I can understand the need to find optimal strings. I'm starting to be that way inclined hehe. However, I'm not letting that stop me enjoy my badminton with the 3U VT80. I have two 3U VT80's, one strung with (cheap!) BG65 string at 25 pounds, another strung with (slightly less cheap!) BG70 string at 27 pounds. To be honest, I don't really find much difference, but if I had to pick, I'd go with the BG70 at 27 pounds.

In saying that, the biggest factor for me is still my technical level. Not grip, not string, not room temperature hehe. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about playing with rice noodles as string or playing with no grip whatsoever - it seems many people use similar arguments to counter mine (that is, talking in the extremes), which I find a little odd.

I believe that my playing level is about the same no matter which string I use. However, I'm hoping to be proved wrong when I eventually re-string my VT80's (I haven't re-strung them since I got them a few months ago, and they are both surprisingly holding tension very well, considering I have a decent smash) - I've got NBG95 and NBG98 to try out.
    I usually suggest players to start off with the thinnest gague string they can find.. Maybe AP62/Zymax62, if they feel they need to restring to often switch to a thicker gauge maybe Bg66u and if that breaks to often go with bg80/NS70 etc type 0.68 strings.. if the player still feels they need to restring to often.. then go with nbg95, or NS95 and if all fails go to BG65 :-D

Not really any reason to go with thicker gauge if string breakage isnt a problem.

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I usually suggest players to start off with the thinnest gague string they can find.. Maybe AP62/Zymax62, if they feel they need to restring to often switch to a thicker gauge maybe Bg66u and if that breaks to often go with bg80/NS70 etc type 0.68 strings.. if the player still feels they need to restring to often.. then go with nbg95, or NS95 and if all fails go to BG65 :-D

Not really any reason to go with thicker gauge if string breakage isnt a problem.

/Twobeer
    Just nice to try out different strings I guess hehe. I don't think I've ever broken a BG65 string before (maybe once), and I can smash pretty hard (if I don't say so myself!). The BG70 string seems to be holding very well too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I string my own racquets I too try many different strings. My first try at VT80 I was using NBG98 and found that I did not like the feel and ended up selling my racquet. Now that the VT80 went on sale during mjstrings grand opening I decided to string it with Pro Supex Zing Ultra and found it much better than the first go around. I have since strung it at 24lbs with BG80 and just found it to be perfect for me now, I'll try higher tension later. I don't have much string breakage but then again I restring after a month usually just because I fiddle with so much stuff.

So the strings I have tried on my VT80 so far are;

Apacs Stern 9
    NBG98
    BG80 (Favourite)
    65Ti
    68Ti

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    Now that I string my own racquets I too try many different strings. My first try at VT80 I was using NBG98 and found that I did not like the feel and ended up selling my racquet. Now that the VT80 went on sale during mjstrings grand opening I decided to string it with Pro Supex Zing Ultra and found it much better than the first go around. I have since strung it at 24lbs with BG80 and just found it to be perfect for me now, I'll try higher tension later. I don't have much string breakage but then again I restring after a month usually just because I fiddle with so much stuff.

So the strings I have tried on my VT80 so far are;

Apacs Stern 9
    NBG98
    BG80 (Favourite)
    65Ti
    68Ti
    Bummer, I was hoping the NBG98 would help me become the greatest ever hehe. It's one of Yonex's most expensive string right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends swear by NBG98 but I just don't like it for some reason. I'll try it again later but right now I like my Li-Ning N90 and VT80 with BG80.

I'll use my Lethal 70's for experimenting
    Last edited by GaryC; 08-22-2011 at 09:33 PM.