User Tag List

Page 105 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 55 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,769 to 1,785 of 2137
  1. #1769
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love my N90

  2. #1770
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,542
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    I love my N90
    Nice, is it first generation? One intermediate/advanced player in my club is getting the first generation N90 soon. Will see how well he does with it against my VT80 hehe. In saying that, I feel he plays best with his Arc 10. What's interesting is that I feel his smashes with the Arc 10 are much faster/more potent than with his Z-Slash or NS 9900. I suspect he'll take a while to adjust to the N90, as none of his current rackets are comparably head heavy.

  3. #1771
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yup it is first gen, I was looking for the most extreme head heavy racquet I could get and was decided N90 1st. I usually start off with my N90 for 5 - 6 games and when I feel tired switch to VT80. I usually play 4 hours straight non-stop games cause we're a crazy bunch.

  4. #1772
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,542
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    Yup it is first gen, I was looking for the most extreme head heavy racquet I could get and was decided N90 1st. I usually start off with my N90 for 5 - 6 games and when I feel tired switch to VT80. I usually play 4 hours straight non-stop games cause we're a crazy bunch.
    What's the Balance Point on your N90? I suppose you'll have to measure it strung. How does it compare with your VT80?

  5. #1773
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really like both racquets but I lean towards a bit towards N90 since I like how a bit more solid it feels. VT80 is much more aerodynamic as many have stated because netplay seems very easy.. when I use N90 I will lift everything to the backcourt (my netgame sucks anyways )

    BP must but slightly higher up on the N90, you feel it when you pick it up.

  6. #1774
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have the AT900P... It doesn't feel stiffer than the VT80...

    I'm actually looking at the N90 1st gen as well but I wanna try it out first... But there aren't any Li Ning dealers where I am...

  7. #1775
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,542
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    I really like both racquets but I lean towards a bit towards N90 since I like how a bit more solid it feels. VT80 is much more aerodynamic as many have stated because netplay seems very easy.. when I use N90 I will lift everything to the backcourt (my netgame sucks anyways )

    BP must but slightly higher up on the N90, you feel it when you pick it up.
    Going by feel is useful, but it can be surprising when you actually measure it. I wouldn't be surprised if the N90's balance point is less than the VT80.

  8. #1776
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,542
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    I have the AT900P... It doesn't feel stiffer than the VT80...
    According to one reviewer, the VT80 is slightly stiffer than the N90:
    http://badmintan.blogspot.com/2011/0...onex-vt80.html

    However, I'm really skeptical about "stiffness". At least you can objectively measure Balance Point. Measuring stiffness is much harder. In fact, I wouldn't know how to do it accurately and precisely.

  9. #1777
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just measured the BP's of my racquets... mind you they are strung and with overgrips on..

    My N90 has a Yonex Super Grap wrapped right to to the end of the cone while my VT80 is using a Karakal overgrip wrapped to the beginning of the cone.

    N90 (W3S2) is ~ 304mm
    VT80 (3UG5) is ~ 300mm

    I don't have anything to get exact measurements.

    Name:  IMG_0931.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  79.9 KB
    Last edited by GaryC; 08-25-2011 at 11:26 PM.

  10. #1778
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,542
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    I just measured the BP's of my racquets... mind you they are strung and with overgrips on..

    My N90 has a Yonex Super Grap wrapped right to to the end of the cone while my VT80 is using a Karakal overgrip wrapped to the beginning of the cone.

    N90 (W3S2) is ~ 304mm
    VT80 (3UG5) is ~ 300mm

    I don't have anything to get exact measurements.
    Yes, difficult to know which racket is more head heavy, given the different grips. Presumably strung differently too? Even the string tension can make a difference to the Balance Point.

  11. #1779
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I keep these at 24lbs with BG80

  12. #1780
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Yes, difficult to know which racket is more head heavy, given the different grips. Presumably strung differently too? Even the string tension can make a difference to the Balance Point.
    The BP should be measured with the racquet unstrung and with the original base grip intact with no other grip on top of it.

    I suggest GaryC to remove the overgrip when measuring the balance points of both racquets for a more fair comparison. You can still just wrap the overgrip on later on with no loss due to damage whatsoever.

  13. #1781
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting.. I'm getting like 315mm for both racquets after removing both overgrips... I ripped a bit of my N90's original grip cause the Supergrap was stuck on it

  14. #1782
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,542
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    Interesting.. I'm getting like 315mm for both racquets after removing both overgrips... I ripped a bit of my N90's original grip cause the Supergrap was stuck on it
    Hence the reason why I didn't suggest you to rip your grips off hehe. Never mind. Seems like the N90 and VT80 have approximately the same objective Balance Points.

  15. #1783
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha it's okay.. just going through my bag and I noticed most of my racquets are red with white overgrip... wtf why did I buy so many red racquets? only the T300 and VT80 are different.

  16. #1784
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forget about VT, NR is on it's way!! 

  17. #1785
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,542
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Forget about VT, NR is on it's way!! 
    If NR have Balance Points above 300mm, then I'll be interested!

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80
    By prosthick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 01-11-2012, 03:46 AM
  2. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By prosthick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 12-19-2011, 02:54 AM
  3. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 12-17-2011, 05:00 AM
  4. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-17-2011, 04:59 AM
  5. WTB/FT: Yonex Voltric 80 (VT80) G4 for either VT80 G5 or MX80 (UK, London)
    By Naim.F.C in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 05-27-2011, 11:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •