User Tag List

Page 106 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6 56 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,802 of 2137
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    If NR have Balance Points above 300mm, then I'll be interested!
    That surely will NOT be >300mm and thats the point why you should forget VT

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    That surely will NOT be >300mm and thats the point why you should forget VT
    Not if I like playing with rackets with BP >300mm and enjoying my badminton more than ever before.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played singles last night for 2 hrs . My Arc10friend and his cousin came out to play. I won't bother detailing my games (it was more like a rally) with his cousin since he hasn't played in over 3 years and it showed (he played like a beginner).

Had my racket strung with BG80 @ 27lbs. So the new tension took awhile to get used to. My forehand serves were brutal. Everything was going wide or long. And my net game was just as bad. So I lost the first 2 games by 4-15 and 6-15.

The next 2 games I switched to my backhand serves. What a difference it makes when I can finally get my serves in. I learned to push the shuttle a bit more when at the net and so my net game was back. The smash was great too (he couldn't return my first smash easily anymore) as I finally adjusted to the new tension. My placement of shots were deadly...so close to the lines. . Won by scores of 15-1 and 15-4.

Yonex AS40 still played great and lasted about 2 games/feather this time. And this is with his cousin. Ran out of feathers so we played with Victor Tourney (that my friend bought at ClearOne for $22). Horrible horrible feathers. We hit the shuttle a few times to get used to the feel of it. By the 3rd clear...the feather started wobbling. 3 HITS!!! After 10 hits, the wobbling was really noticeable. Will buy the AS30 next week and give it a try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received my Voltric 80 LTD - Red for Japan
    Pictures are at http://www.bustedracquet.us/new_yonex_racquets_.html

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  59.3 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good! Can't believe they only have the LTD in 4U here in Canada! I don't know, I still find my At700 LTD's are more powerful than the 3U VT80's. If they ever have the VT90 or VT100, I hope it'll be insanely head heavy and powerful. It almost feels like I would need lead tape for the VT80's to give the same feel as the At700's.
    Last edited by Optiblue; 09-01-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Looks good! Can't believe they only have the LTD in 4U here in Canada! I don't know, I still find my At700 LTD's are more powerful than the 3U VT80's. If they ever have the VT90 or VT100, I hope it'll be insanely head heavy and powerful. It almost feels like I would need lead tape for the VT80's to give the same feel as the At700's.
    I doubt Yonex will go beyond a Balance Point of 305mm. What's the Balance Point of your AT700? If it's much the same or less, then the lack of power is not really related to head heaviness is it?

Either the AT700 has superior technology (or frame or whatever), or perhaps you're just not used to using the VT80. You can pick which is the more likely reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not if I like playing with rackets with BP >300mm and enjoying my badminton more than ever before.
    Change the arrow and you will enjoy your badminton more than ever before

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Change the arrow and you will enjoy your badminton more than ever before
    Tried it for years, still prefer the arrow in that direction hehe.
    Last edited by ssj100; 09-01-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone here compare the VT70 and VT80? What are the main differences?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried it for years, still prefer the arrow in that direction hehe.
    OK then as long as you are happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VT70 has a thinner frame than VT80, it also bulges out and in at the 10 and 2 o'clock postions. VT70 is also medium flex whilst VT80 is stiff. Both are head heavy rackets, however the VT80 feels slightly more head heavy IMO due to the more uniformed frame. VT80 has a slightly slimmer shaft.

Defensively, both rackets will perform similar, fast racket movement and good control. However is it attacking wise that I feel the VT80 excels. It seems to give you that much better clears, drives and smashes. Ofcourse it depends on your playing style and technique. I've played with both and I prefer the VT80 slightly more than VT70.

If you get a chance, play with both and make your own mind on which you prefer. All the best.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Could someone here compare the VT70 and VT80? What are the main differences?
    Brought one to the club when it first came out ... no one liked it except my wife, and it became her racquet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dropped by Tad's today. Really nice bunch of guys.

They have a whole bunch of VT80LTD...all of them 4UG4. They also received a new shipment of VT80....and they were 3UG4 and some 3UG3. Puzzled...I asked why no 3U for the VT80LTD and no 4U for VT80. It appears that Yonex expects people to buy the VT80 (original color) if they want 3U and the VT80LTD (red color) if they want 4U. Price is the same for either VT80 or VT80LTD at $200+tax.

Also really helpful advice by Hugo(?). He said that since I like Head Heavy rackets and already have a 3U that I should stick with the 3U. I would be disappointed with the 4U. He's probably right since I play singles competetively and not so much doubles competetively. So kudos to Hugo for giving me great advice.

Also picked up SBH102LTD (black/yellow) and Yonex AS30 feathers tonight.

CD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that Yonex really wants people to buy optically different rackets for different weights because when I bought mine right after the European release, they had both 3UG3 and 4UG4 at my local shop (which is really small btw). But his may be different in other countries because I've heard similar things. So maybe, using your example, people in Canada have preferred 3U and therefore Yonex sell the "normal" ones with these specs and the limited ones with 4U.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yves. View Post
    I doubt that Yonex really wants people to buy optically different rackets for different weights because when I bought mine right after the European release, they had both 3UG3 and 4UG4 at my local shop (which is really small btw). But his may be different in other countries because I've heard similar things. So maybe, using your example, people in Canada have preferred 3U and therefore Yonex sell the "normal" ones with these specs and the limited ones with 4U.
    I saw 4U in the original color too. I'm just saying what I saw for the recent shipment at Tad's (Vancouver, BC, Canada)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played singles last night. My Arc10 friend wasn't in good shape as he had sore ribs. The score and general play reflected that. I won 15-10, 15-8, 15-5. Played with the Victor Tourney feathers again. Went through 4 feathers in 3 games. Bright side is that it's almost all gone and I can try out the Yonex AS-30 next session.

I mentioned to my friend that I might buy another racket. He said that I should get the Arc10. Cuz while my smashes on my VT80 are faster, they are also flatter (ie. more like drives)...not steep enough. He thinks the Arc10 would solve that problem. I think it's just a matter of my timing. I'm not hitting the shuttle at the peak. Am I right?

I love Head Heavy rackets cuz of the faster smash and better clears I'm getting and not wanting to change back to an even-balanced racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you will see steeper smashes with the Arc10 as well... Looking at the Yonex racquet matrix... I do notice a difference between the AT900P and VT80... Mainly in terms of Hold and Repulsion... AT900P has more Hold while the VT80 is right down the middle...

With the AT900P... It feels like when I do a huge smash... The bird actually stays on my strings a second more causing the shaft to flex... Getting a lot of power and angle (mind you I'm 6'1 so angle should be expected :P)

The VT80 requires more effort and better timing to achieve the same... I find myself resorting to a different smash technique on it... More wrist and less on the arm rotation...

I never got formal training so I might not be playing properly (I hold my racquet like a fist... I call it the Deathgrip)... But that is what I've noticed between Hold vs Repulsion racquets