User Tag List

Page 107 of 126 FirstFirst ... 7 57 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,803 to 1,819 of 2137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Dropped by Tad's today. Really nice bunch of guys.They have a whole bunch of VT80LTD...all of them 4UG4. They also received a new shipment of VT80....and they were 3UG4 and some 3UG3. Puzzled...I asked why no 3U for the VT80LTD and no 4U for VT80. It appears that Yonex expects people to buy the VT80 (original color) if they want 3U and the VT80LTD (red color) if they want 4U. Price is the same for either VT80 or VT80LTD at $200+tax.Also really helpful advice by Hugo(?). He said that since I like Head Heavy rackets and already have a 3U that I should stick with the 3U. I would be disappointed with the 4U. He's probably right since I play singles competetively and not so much doubles competetively. So kudos to Hugo for giving me great advice.Also picked up SBH102LTD (black/yellow) and Yonex AS30 feathers tonight.CD.
    Didnt see any 3UG5's? Screw the Arc10. For me, switching from the AT700 to a VT80 is close enough and not the end or the world. From one head heavy user to another, I almost felt like throwing my Arc10 at the wall because I couldn't get used to it at all. Even the AT900P doesn't cut it for me anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    I doubt Yonex will go beyond a Balance Point of 305mm. What's the Balance Point of your AT700? If it's much the same or less, then the lack of power is not really related to head heaviness is it?Either the AT700 has superior technology (or frame or whatever), or perhaps you're just not used to using the VT80. You can pick which is the more likely reason.
    Well, like in my earlier preliminary review, if my AT700LTD is my 100%, VT80 does it 90-95% from instant pick up which means it's not a perfect replacement, but pretty close. I like the VT80 as Yonex hasn't made anything like the AT700 in a very long time, but I just don't feel that its the next level when it sacrifices a bit of Max power for speed. I don't think it's physically possible for me to swing any faster with head heavy rackets so the only way is swing slower or slight timing change. I'll see how it goes! One thing I think really sucks with the Vt80 is the grommet system. Although rated 28lbs, no way those standard grommets won't tear through. The AT700 beefy grommets was next to perfection for high tension stringing. Can't see the VT80 taking high tensions without constant maintenance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No 3UG5. Yeah, I'm gonna stick with HH rackets.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Vt80 have finally arrived and I seem need to adjust to it a bit. Have played with AT900T/P 4U, Arc5, and Arc10. My primary racket are the Arc10 so far, but I was looking for some more power, though I can smash pretty hard.

Has anyone here has played with Arc10 and switched to Vt80? Played it with BG98 12KG and somehow I think, the Arc10 is a tad stiffer. For me the frame of the Vt80 is incredible stable, but the shaft does flex a little bit to much, hence I need to get used to it quickly, since the league is starting of soon... or sell the racket to a friend.

Should I try out the Victor MX80, since Victor is sponsoring me.. hence I can get it for less?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sFrog View Post
    My Vt80 have finally arrived and I seem need to adjust to it a bit. Have played with AT900T/P 4U, Arc5, and Arc10. My primary racket are the Arc10 so far, but I was looking for some more power, though I can smash pretty hard.

Has anyone here has played with Arc10 and switched to Vt80? Played it with BG98 12KG and somehow I think, the Arc10 is a tad stiffer. For me the frame of the Vt80 is incredible stable, but the shaft does flex a little bit to much, hence I need to get used to it quickly, since the league is starting of soon... or sell the racket to a friend.

Should I try out the Victor MX80, since Victor is sponsoring me.. hence I can get it for less?
    If Victor is sponsoring you, you must already be quite skilled and powerful~ The subtle differences between the two brands will be minimal, just get whatever's cheaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, of course you should try the MX80!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoOZY View Post
    I think you will see steeper smashes with the Arc10 as well... Looking at the Yonex racquet matrix... I do notice a difference between the AT900P and VT80... Mainly in terms of Hold and Repulsion... AT900P has more Hold while the VT80 is right down the middle...

With the AT900P... It feels like when I do a huge smash... The bird actually stays on my strings a second more causing the shaft to flex... Getting a lot of power and angle (mind you I'm 6'1 so angle should be expected :P)

The VT80 requires more effort and better timing to achieve the same... I find myself resorting to a different smash technique on it... More wrist and less on the arm rotation...

I never got formal training so I might not be playing properly (I hold my racquet like a fist... I call it the Deathgrip)... But that is what I've noticed between Hold vs Repulsion racquets
    I have the same thoughts as yours....But At900p will tired you down fast....VT80 no issue...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same thoughts as yours....But At900p will tired you down fast....VT80 no issue...
    Other way round, here I had no problems or any speed issues with the At900P 4U. Somehow my At900P 4U was less head heavy then my two Vt80, even though the Vt80 cuts the air way faster.

Thank you for advice. I'll call Victor on monday and ask for one test sample. Just coming from a tournament and have switched from the Vt80 to Arc5 and Arc10.... lend the Vt80 to one mate, who actually won the tournament. Vt80 can't be that bad then ^^

Can't wait for one racket, that really suits me well, cause I can't not afford any more time for racket-adjusting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've switched from Arc10 to Voltric 80 and haven't regretted it really. The shaft may feel more flexible cause it's longer by around 1 cm (which is why I had some slight timing issues in the first few sessions using it). No loss of control, only a minor loss of speed but quite a gain in power is what makes the VT80 my go-to racket atm.
    Well a racket change always needs some time, if you do have the time I'd suggest you actually test it properly for 2 weeks using it all the time. But seeing as you're beeing sponsored you've probably reached a level where you feel immediately if a racket is good for you or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm playing in the forth or third devision in Germany regarding to my level and the season is starting of in one week. Being still under 20, there is still this little boy, wanting to test out every higher ranked racket available on the market. Unfortunately I can't afford longer times for testing.

Gonna try Vt80 and MX80 for one week and if both do not work out in time, I switch back to ArcSaber. Just really wondering, how much folks here just go that well with the racket, since it is quite demanding regarding to wrist action and timing in smashes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, but is it possible that the Arcsaber10 is longer than VT80? (as a whole racket - grip to head)
    I've noticed that in comparison between the Arc10 and a NS7700

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't looked at the length closely.. but the grip of the Vt80 is due to the longer shaft shorter. This can be the issue, but isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

real sponsor = free everything
    so i doubt you are sponsored

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChoMama View Post
    real sponsor = free everything
    so i doubt you are sponsored
    There are several levels of sponsorship from free equipment & a (big) paycheck to a few items a year to something as basic as discount. Of course you could still ask if with freedom of brand choice can you still call it sponsorship? In that regard I tend to agree with you and it's really more you get a discount to be their walking billboard . Still ... better than paying retail .... (or the club could be sponsored)

On a sidenote: didn't know they had the Meteor series in Germany already, do they?
    Last edited by demolidor; 09-06-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't thought, it would be an issue... Getting 40% on Victor stuff, some mates get everything for free until one limit.

Doesn't matter anyway I think, cause some Rackets like Bravesword 12 cost in Germany over 200 bucks. I can get it from online-stores for 40% discount as well. 40% is not much though, but I'm happy with that, cause it is more than Head was supporting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got a voltric 80... waiting for the chance to try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just bought arcsaber 10 yesterday... will buy voltric 80 to try after 2months...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alanwong76 View Post
    just bought arcsaber 10 yesterday... will buy voltric 80 to try after 2months...
    Hmm, great. Would you please compare the two rackets on stiffness? Used to the stiffness of the Arc10 I was really surprised how much flex the Vt80 has.. because Yonex claimed both rackets as stiff.