User Tag List

Page 108 of 126 FirstFirst ... 8 58 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,820 to 1,836 of 2137
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played singles again last night. But split the games 2-2 this time. Went through the Victor Tourney shuttlecocks like a hot knife through butter. Used 6 shuttlecocks for 4 games. 1 shuttlecock only lasted 5 hits (2 of it's feathers came off from smashes). On the good news...we get to use new shuttlecocks. So next week it'll be either Yonex AS30 or RSL Classic Tourney. And it might be time to change my grip. So I'll try out my RKEP G09 Elite grips and see how good it is.

Still loving my VT80 but am looking to buy a new one that is 3UG5. Sadly it's not available in Canada since CD coded only comes in G3 or G4. Will have to buy VT80 3UG5 online someday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try supergrap on the G4 with the original grip removed. That should bring it down to G5. I did it with G3, and it ended up as good as the regular G4, but with super feel.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    Try supergrap on the G4 with the original grip removed. That should bring it down to G5. I did it with G3, and it ended up as good as the regular G4, but with super feel.
    Is it easy to re-install the original grip once I remove it? Or do I need to buy a replacement grip (just in case the original grip gets destroyed)?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Is it easy to re-install the original grip once I remove it? Or do I need to buy a replacement grip (just in case the original grip gets destroyed)?
    I think you've just answered your own question!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I think you've just answered your own question!
    I guess I did.
    Another thing for me to buy from RKEP.
    I think it's called the powermaster grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How you are enjoying you SBH102LTD? How is the cushioning? Does it has any lateral support? Do you think it is good for heavy people?

Dropped by Tad's today. Really nice bunch of guys.

They have a whole bunch of VT80LTD...all of them 4UG4. They also received a new shipment of VT80....and they were 3UG4 and some 3UG3. Puzzled...I asked why no 3U for the VT80LTD and no 4U for VT80. It appears that Yonex expects people to buy the VT80 (original color) if they want 3U and the VT80LTD (red color) if they want 4U. Price is the same for either VT80 or VT80LTD at $200+tax.

Also really helpful advice by Hugo(?). He said that since I like Head Heavy rackets and already have a 3U that I should stick with the 3U. I would be disappointed with the 4U. He's probably right since I play singles competetively and not so much doubles competetively. So kudos to Hugo for giving me great advice.

Also picked up SBH102LTD (black/yellow) and Yonex AS30 feathers tonight.

CD.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using my new digital scale, my VT80 wet weight is 95.6 grams. That's with Yonex Supergrap and BG80 @ 27 lbs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sxg2009 View Post
    How you are enjoying you SBH102LTD? How is the cushioning? Does it has any lateral support? Do you think it is good for heavy people?
    Enjoying the color. Already had the MX version 4 months prior. It fits my feet like a glove. Feels like enough cushioning and support (to me). Almost rolled my ankle last week. I have nothing to compare with. Definitely better than my old Forza shoes. I'm 155lbs so I'm not sure it's good for heavy people. Try a pair and do jumps. You'll find out pretty quick if it has enough cushioning.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Using my new digital scale, my VT80 wet weight is 95.6 grams. That's with Yonex Supergrap and BG80 @ 27 lbs.
    Supergrap is 5.6g, while string is around 3.2g, so that would make the dry wt 86.8g.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Supergrap is 5.6g, while string is around 3.2g, so that would make the dry wt 86.8g.
    I have little overlap with the Supergrap...so dry weight is probably 87g. I'll measure the dry weight next time my strings break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got to used my vt80 tonight for the first time. Im just a normal recreational player but I found it really nice to use! Clears smashes and drives were all more effortless and net play was great too...only my backhand really suffered. Timing was way off. Still I am loving it already...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played singles again last night. But split the games 2-2 this time. Went through the Victor Tourney shuttlecocks like a hot knife through butter. Used 6 shuttlecocks for 4 games. 1 shuttlecock only lasted 5 hits (2 of it's feathers came off from smashes). On the good news...we get to use new shuttlecocks. So next week it'll be either Yonex AS30 or RSL Classic Tourney. And it might be time to change my grip. So I'll try out my RKEP G09 Elite grips and see how good it is.Still loving my VT80 but am looking to buy a new one that is 3UG5. Sadly it's not available in Canada since CD coded only comes in G3 or G4. Will have to buy VT80 3UG5 online someday.
    What are you talking about, they have 3UG5 in Canada. I'm sure TADs just didn't order any no? Try yumo.ca I'm sure Melissa can order it for you if it's not in stock.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    What are you talking about, they have 3UG5 in Canada. I'm sure TADs just didn't order any no? Try yumo.ca I'm sure Melissa can order it for you if it's not in stock.
    . Really? Thanks for the tip. I guess I got some bad info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can get a VT80 for you G5 3U, but not sure the airmail will make it cost efficient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My VT80 Experience

So I have been sitting here reading the reviews on the VT80 for afew months now. Waiting, trying to decide to "cheat" on my AS10, reading reviews for reputable names such a Paul Stewart, who, among others, has called this racquet the "holy grail" of badminton racquets.

Finally decided to turn to the Dark side and got my first VT80 about two weeks ago.....gotta say that I love this racquet. I have 2 AS10's, my weapon of choice for about 2 years now. I bought an AT900 Power last year but sold it off fairly quickly. Loved the power strokes such as smash and baseline drive, but found it noticeably lacking in defence, coming off of my more even balanced racquets. This Voltric series is defintely the answer to that setback. Used it for 3 evenings now. Strung with BG 66UM @ 26 lbs. First night was a little rocky as my timing was a little off and I hit a pile of frame shots. Once I got that straightened out it was an enjoyable experience. Nice swing weight and once my timing was on, I found my smashes were getting a real nice snap to them. I didn't notice any real timing issues with my backhands though, as I have read from others in this thread. Backhand smashes were impressive to me. The real test on this guy for me though was in the defencability. After a handful of matches, I found that it performed extremely well for a head-heavy racquet.

I won't bore everyone with the common review jargon, but for anyone on the fence about buying one, I gotta say its worth the plunge. I dont think that I will ever replace my AS10 as my "go to", but the VT80 is gonna have a permenant place in my bag for sure. I mainly play doubles, but will use it there often and will likely use it for any singles encounters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster99 View Post
    So I have been sitting here reading the reviews on the VT80 for afew months now. Waiting, trying to decide to "cheat" on my AS10, reading reviews for reputable names such a Paul Stewart, who, among others, has called this racquet the "holy grail" of badminton racquets.

Finally decided to turn to the Dark side and got my first VT80 about two weeks ago.....gotta say that I love this racquet. I have 2 AS10's, my weapon of choice for about 2 years now. I bought an AT900 Power last year but sold it off fairly quickly. Loved the power strokes such as smash and baseline drive, but found it noticeably lacking in defence, coming off of my more even balanced racquets. This Voltric series is defintely the answer to that setback. Used it for 3 evenings now. Strung with BG 66UM @ 26 lbs. First night was a little rocky as my timing was a little off and I hit a pile of frame shots. Once I got that straightened out it was an enjoyable experience. Nice swing weight and once my timing was on, I found my smashes were getting a real nice snap to them. I didn't notice any real timing issues with my backhands though, as I have read from others in this thread. Backhand smashes were impressive to me. The real test on this guy for me though was in the defencability. After a handful of matches, I found that it performed extremely well for a head-heavy racquet.

I won't bore everyone with the common review jargon, but for anyone on the fence about buying one, I gotta say its worth the plunge. I dont think that I will ever replace my AS10 as my "go to", but the VT80 is gonna have a permenant place in my bag for sure. I mainly play doubles, but will use it there often and will likely use it for any singles encounters.
    AS10, AeroSensa 10 the shuttlecock model?

Or are you erroneously referring to Arcsaber 10?

Last edited by Blitzzards; 09-12-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I mean ARC10. Can't very well use a feather birdie as a racquet now can we