User Tag List

Page 115 of 126 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 LastLast
Results 1,939 to 1,955 of 2137
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Yonex makes the rackets in Japan, then ships them all the way to China just to be painted and laser etched. They then send too many just so the printing company can put fake JP codes on them and sell them slightly cheaper, robbing themselves of market share and reputation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have seen people recommending this website because it supplies 100% original rackets
    http://www.sohubuy.com/

the price of voltric 80 3U is only 158USD. same price with the bigshow guy.
    Why isit so cheap? Isit fake as well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbyz23 View Post
    i have seen people recommending this website because it supplies 100% original rackets

Sohubuy is legit, just cause bigshow sells at same price doesn't mean that sohubuy is fake...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay thanks. i should have just ordered from sohuy then. thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay thanks. i should have just ordered from sohuy then. thanks
    Because SohuBuy sells those imported from Taiwan for $158 and BigShow365 sells those allegedly imported from and for Japan for the same price (probably trying to create a false sense of legitimacy by price matching?) . And it is common knowledge around here that Taiwan has some of the cheapest prices in the world for Yonex and Japan one of the most expensive also due to the current exchange rates ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That ebay (bigshow) is clearly a fake. The Voltric 80 comes with a full case (shaped like a coffin sorta) with the words Voltric on it. That website has a lint bag and crappy box. If you notice...the Yonex symbol on the bag and box also looks crappy. And he claims to be selling JP version to boot for only $158. That's about $70 difference from a real JP version of the racket sold in JAPAN!!!!

Sohobuy is selling TW and SP version of the racket and is priced around $165. Which is around the norm from what I've seen on other reputable online sites.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played singles again last night. This time winning 3-1 games. Played 2 games each with my 2 rackets: VT80LTD w/ BG66UM and VT80 w/ BG80. I had better net play with the BG66UM and better smashes with the BG80. What to do, what to do .

The HangYu shuttles were great again. Good flight and durability. Lasted about 1-1.5 games. So pretty good bang for the buck so far. Bought at Yumo Pro for $20 (I think). The only thing I noticed was that the shuttle seemed a bit slower than the RSL shuttles I had used a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sohubuy isnt selling at very cheap price. i checked the conversion from USD -> SGD, it's around $214 for voltric 80. that doesnt include shipping. i used the shipping calculator and put in 500g/parcel and by air, the shipping is already $65 to singapore. total cost for the racket is 214 + 65 which adds up to 279. this price is way higher than shops which sell badminton rackets in singapore.

unless i made a calculation error somewhere, please advise. thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default G4 vs G5 grip size

I brought a digital kitchen scale to the shop recently and measured a batch of Voltric 80 LTD, all in 3U weight with a few G4 and a few G5 grip sizes.

My finding is that all of them are pretty consistently weighing at 89gm, with the G5 ones being 1.5mm more head heavy than the G4 ones.

I am guessing that this is due to the amount of stock grip which has been factory installed onto the racquets; the G5 ones have smaller grip diameter which means a less amount of stock grip will have to be used to cover the wooden handle compared to the G4 ones. It is very plausible that if I measure all of the G4 and G5 racquets with the stock grip stripped to the bare wooden handle all of them could have the same balance point with the G5 ones weighing a few 0.X (probably less than 0.5) grammes more than the G4 ones.

I will be expecting a similar trend with the non-LTD VT80 racquets.

So in other words there is no quantifiable difference between the G4 and G5 VT80 racquets, other than the fact that some people (such as me) will be more comfortable with the thicker G4 and some others with smaller hands will be more comfortable with the thinner G5. There should not be a reason for anyone to recommend the smaller G5 size "because there is a certain indefinable property with the smaller grip size", especially to those who are comfortable with the G4 grip size.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Played singles again last night. This time winning 3-1 games. Played 2 games each with my 2 rackets: VT80LTD w/ BG66UM and VT80 w/ BG80. I had better net play with the BG66UM and better smashes with the BG80. What to do, what to do .

The HangYu shuttles were great again. Good flight and durability. Lasted about 1-1.5 games. So pretty good bang for the buck so far. Bought at Yumo Pro for $20 (I think). The only thing I noticed was that the shuttle seemed a bit slower than the RSL shuttles I had used a few weeks ago.
    Which Hangyu shuttles did you use because there are many different classes of them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limited328 View Post
    Which Hangyu shuttles did you use because there are many different classes of them.
    It was HangYu Tourney No.1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlam92 View Post
    My story:

I bought my VT80 3UG5 about six months ago and used it for two weeks on up to a tournament. After that, my elbow and arm were in tremendous amount of pain. I did therapy treatment at home myself, used a lot of Salonpas and ointment, then stop using the VT80 until this past month. During this time, I practiced hard on correcting my techniques and building up my arm strength while using my more flexible and head lighter racket.

Then finally for this past month, I am now able to use my VT80 effectively without much pain. This is basically playing 3-5 sessions a week at 2.5-5 hours each. Now, I really love this racket and starting to take advantage of what this racket can offer.

I completely agreed that for beginners, this is definitely not the racket to start with. But with proper strength and technique, this is a great racket. Note, I am not comparing this to other racket, as my experience with other rackets are limited to none.

I also tried my friendís LTD 4U thinking I may like it better because it is faster and easier on the arm, but after some hours of playing with it, I highly prefer my 3U more.

So now, since I broke my other flexible spare racket and a friend is in China anyway, I am getting my second VT80 3UG5. Oddly, for a guy with bigger hands, I like the G5 with an overgrip so that I can play with more finger controls and with a loose and relax grip.

Let's go play, learn, improve, and have fun!

Cheers
    --Hugh

Just got another VT80 3UG5 and loving it. Using it with BG80 and towel grip. Playing 14-17 hours a week without major pains just very slight soreness.

Secondly, I asked for 23lbs but believe it's actually 25lbs and it feels great. I am going to start stringing at 25lbs again then increase it one lb at a time to find my ideal tension.

cheers
    Hugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there i need some ideas an advice...before this i already use ti10,amt 600,700,800 ,ns8000,arc8dx,ns9900, arc z slash,vt70 and last vt80 3u...

my problem is my hand quite slow i mean my swing,especialy in defends department, is it this because of heavy racket or myself..i try to change to lighter racket but i dont know which racket i should buy..vt80 is the best racket so far i have...
    pls give me some advice what i should do...either i change to other racket or else...
    thanks....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bunbun View Post
    hi there i need some ideas an advice...before this i already use ti10,amt 600,700,800 ,ns8000,arc8dx,ns9900, arc z slash,vt70 and last vt80 3u...

my problem is my hand quite slow i mean my swing,especialy in defends department, is it this because of heavy racket or myself..i try to change to lighter racket but i dont know which racket i should buy..vt80 is the best racket so far i have...
    pls give me some advice what i should do...either i change to other racket or else...
    thanks....
    what are you pros at? singles or doubles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bunbun View Post

thanks....
    Victor MX80, Li-Ning N77-II, Li-Ning Windstorm 650 , Panda Power Precision etc. All better alternatives with more dynamic flex!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VT80 maybe the best racket you have but its probably not the bestracket for you. what is your play style? power or placement?

You dun have to switch to a light head racket, VT80's defence is slightly slower due to its very heavy head. looking at the history of your rackets, try to remember which ones you play best with and choose a new racket with similar qualities. (keep note on its flexibility too).

but if you have to choose one now, MX80 is a pretty good all rounder, especially if you're used to stiff rackets.

good luck

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Victor MX80, Li-Ning N77-II, Li-Ning Windstorm 650 , Panda Power Precision etc. All better alternatives with more dynamic flex!
    isn't the MX80 stiffer than the VT80? i don't personally own a MX80 but that's my impression from reading the forums.