User Tag List

Page 117 of 126 FirstFirst ... 17 67 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 LastLast
Results 1,973 to 1,989 of 2137
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sxg2009 View Post
    .. in yesterday's WS Lin Ling super series final, I was surprised to see Saina using NR 700 RP instead of VT80. I saw her using VT80 in another final match against Wang months ago. Isn't that RP for doubles - I mean in general? .. I never saw any impressive straight / fast cross court drop shots from her unlike what Wang was delivering occasionally. Can anyone tell about the pros/cons of RP for singles game?
    Your answer may lie in this thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...R700FX-NR700RP)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default correction !!

.. in yesterday's WS Lin Ling super series final, I was surprised to see Saina using NR 700 RP instead of VT80. I saw her using VT80 in another final match against Wang months ago. Isn't that RP for doubles - I mean in general? .. I never saw any impressive straight / fast cross court drop shots from her unlike what Wang was delivering occasionally. Can anyone tell about the pros/cons of RP for singles game?
    LI NING .. bad mistake by me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, switching from VT80 to nanoray RP. the nanoray series is definitely engineered for doubles.

pros: quicker swing and reaction.
    cons: smash and clears would suffer

if i remember correctly, the nanoray 700RP is more accurate and you can get better angles with it but it may be just me not in full control of the VT80 beast

singles is not about smashes anyways, its about placement. so if you switched, your rallys may need to build up longer before you can win the point. suitable more for the defensive counter attacker, definitely finesse over brute force

even lin dan has dropped from using N90 (305mm bp) to N50 (290mm bp) in favour for more control over power

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    wow, switching from VT80 to nanoray RP. the nanoray series is definitely engineered for doubles.pros: quicker swing and reaction.cons: smash and clears would sufferif i remember correctly, the nanoray 700RP is more accurate and you can get better angles with it but it may be just me not in full control of the VT80 beast singles is not about smashes anyways, its about placement. so if you switched, your rallys may need to build up longer before you can win the point. suitable more for the defensive counter attacker, definitely finesse over brute force even lin dan has dropped from using N90 (305mm bp) to N50 (290mm bp) in favour for more control over power
    He hasn't actually, he's back to the N90. Even with the hand grip that looks like a dog chewed it. Obviously his undocumented shoulder injury is better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played a few hrs with vt80 4ug4 with bg80@23lbs tonight. I was using at800 prior to this upgrade.
    I'll probably need 2-3 more sessions to fully get used to it but anyway what I found after 2 singles and 7 doubles session;

Net play was improved
    Drives were more fierce
    Backhand smashes and drops were improved
    Smashes that connected well were on par with the at800off
    Check smashes were easier
    Smashes made a nice sound regardless of power

But I did find defence lacking for now, must be the timing

Overall not a massive upgrade on the at800, but neverless still an upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Smashes are so accurate now!!

Getting used to smashing with my 3U VT 80!! I wonder what a great repulsion this racket has compared to my APACS visible hollows and Tantrum 200. It is so accurate. Now the problem begins for me... I want to play with this racket all the time, not only just singles. But I am afraid if I play doubles my partner going hit and break my racket. What you guys do when you get hit by your partner - just don't care or become sad for a while?

... and then.. what I will do with so many APACS rackets that I have!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting used to smashing with my 3U VT 80!! I wonder what a great repulsion this racket has compared to my APACS visible hollows and Tantrum 200. It is so accurate. Now the problem begins for me... I want to play with this racket all the time, not only just singles. But I am afraid if I play doubles my partner going hit and break my racket. What you guys do when you get hit by your partner - just don't care or become sad for a while?

... and then.. what I will do with so many APACS rackets that I have!!
    Sell the APACS so you can buy another VT80 . I have 3 x VT80 rackets. One for singles, One for doubles, and One for doubles with newbs.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Sell the APACS so you can buy another VT80 . I have 3 x VT80 rackets. One for singles, One for doubles, and One for doubles with newbs.
    One of these days you're going to find yourself in trouble! You forgot to get the backup for singles, the backup for doubles, and the backup for the doubles with noobs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    One of these days you're going to find yourself in trouble! You forgot to get the backup for singles, the backup for doubles, and the backup for the doubles with noobs!
    dont forget the new 3x3 format too!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys....need your help rgdg my VT80. The info are as follows:

-Weight:3U
    -Tension: 25lbs
    -String: BG 66 Ultimax

When I play with VT80, I can deliver powerful smashes and the sound is nice too. Control is also good and I can place the shuttle anywhere I want. The only problem is that it hurts my shoulder after every game.

For info, I also have a VT70 with the following specs:

-Tension: 24lbs

With my VT70, clears are effortless and smashes are powerful too. And most importantly, I do not have problem with my shoulder when I play with this racket.

Is this something to do with my tension? Do I need to reduce the tension of my VT80? By looking at my case, what is the recommended tension?

Thanks in advance....

kaynofx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaynofx View Post
    Hi guys....need your help rgdg my VT80. The info are as follows:

-Tension: 25lbs

When I play with VT80, I can deliver powerful smashes and the sound is nice too. Control is also good and I can place the shuttle anywhere I want. The only problem is that it hurts my shoulder after every game.

For info, I also have a VT70 with the following specs:

-Tension: 24lbs

With my VT70, clears are effortless and smashes are powerful too. And most importantly, I do not have problem with my shoulder when I play with this racket.

Is this something to do with my tension? Do I need to reduce the tension of my VT80? By looking at my case, what is the recommended tension?

Thanks in advance....

kaynofx
    1lb difference in string tension should not give much difference in feel, especially at such "medium" low tensions.

What you should understand is that the VT80 is significantly head heavier and stiffer in its shaft compared to VT70, both characteristics which makes it feel harder for you to use the racquet and generate more stress for your shoulder to handle during usage.

If you really cannot handle the stress of using the VT80 then I would suggest you to just stick to the VT70 to prevent further injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blitzzards,

Thanks for replying. Btw, do you have any other suggestions to prevent the injury? e.g lower tension...22lbs etc....just to improves repulsion. For info, I'm an intermediate player.

Man....I really like the power of VT80...and eager to use it as my main racket. As for the VT80, I'll use it for doubles play.

Thanks again...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blitzzards,

Thanks for replying. Btw, do you have any other suggestions to prevent the injury? e.g lower tension...22lbs etc....just to improves repulsion. For info, I'm an intermediate player.

Man....I really like the power of VT80...and eager to use it as my main racket. As for the VT80, I'll use it for doubles play.

Thanks again...
    From my experience, string tension is not going to make much difference. You can string your VT80 at 15lbs and the characteristic mass of the racquet will still affect your shoulder when you play. String repulsion is not as dependent on string tension as on string thickness, rather.

What is important is really your physical condition. If you feel pain when using a racquet with such shaft stiffness plus head heaviness, you should not even be playing with it in the first place as it could lead to worse damage to your shoulder.

Otherwise the best route to take if you really want to continue playing with the VT80 is to correct your hitting technique and build up your shoulder resistance to the mass of the VT80 through proper training. That is also how the professional players train themselves to play with the high tensions (as high tension gives more shuttle control and less shuttle "sink-in" on the stringbed that decreases kinetic repulsion).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oic....in short, at the moment.... my physical,techniques and style of play doesn't suit the VT80. Must improve myself in these areas...heheheh

Yeah...VT80 might be a little heavy for me...I guess.

Thanks Blitzzards...for your advice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oic....in short, at the moment.... my physical,techniques and style of play doesn't suit the VT80. Must improve myself in these areas...heheheh

Yeah...VT80 might be a little heavy for me...I guess.

Thanks Blitzzards...for your advice.
    I was sorta the same like you when I first used my VT80. The shoulders were a bit sore the next day. After continual useage...the pain went away. Basically your muscle isn't used to the weight. Through time you'll be able to handle it no problem. It's like doing 25lbs curls all of a sudden when you used to do 10lbs. Your muscle will hurt until you get stronger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CanucksDynasty,

What tension that you maintain for your VT80? Btw, thanks for sharing the info...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CanucksDynasty,

What tension that you maintain for your VT80? Btw, thanks for sharing the info...
    Currently...
    VT80LTD w/BG66UM @ 27lbs
    VT80 w/BG80 @ 27lbs
    VT80 w/BG80 @ 26lbs

Still trying to find the right strings and tension. But so far...liking 27lbs.