User Tag List

Page 19 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 69 119 ... LastLast
Results 307 to 323 of 2137
  1. #307
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    subang
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Went AJ and bought the last piece 3U5G for RM598 hehe Aunty give me additional RM1 discount. The paintjob is superb can't wait to try it tonight hehe

  2. #308
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    subang
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylanncs11 View Post
    i foudn a shop in Kota Damansara selling this racquet for onli RM4xx.....
    I went there and check is fake the racquet cover is fake no leather smell but lousy PVC smell.

  3. #309
    Regular Member Cattex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    my quick review on the VT80.

    i played around 5 or so games with it. the demo that Synergy brought had BG66UM on it at around 26lbs. it is pretty tight as it was done in a ES5Pro.

    the VT80 is a very good all around racket. it is fast, but not incredible fast like the BS10; it is powerful, but not incredibly powerful like the SW35; it has a decent solid feel but not SW35 type solid. but that makes it rather ideal for most players. kinda like a ARC10. very good on all things but nothing in particular stands out higher than other.

    i only managed to spend a little time with it. and since it wasn't a string that i am familiar with, it was hard to make judgement on it. however, so far it feels like a very promising racket. i will try to borrow it longer next time to get a better feel for it.

    thank you to the folks at Synergy Badminton who brought a couple of VT80 demos for us to try.
    Thanks for the first impressions Kwun.

    I currently play with an ARC10 strung with NBG95 at 24lbs so I was very interested in your comparison. When you say it's kind of like the ARC10 do you mean purely in the fact that most people could just pick it up and play with it (it suits various styles very well), or that it actually plays a bit like an ARC10?

    I love my ARC10 and it's an excellent racket that doesn't get in the way of my game.
    Do you think the VT80 would have greater power output than an ARC10? I can hit pretty hard with the ARC10 anyway but just sometimes some extra zip would be good - especially when I don't quite have the time to prepare.

    One last question - In the UK the VT80 will be sold as 3U do you think this will make a big difference? (my ARC10 is 3U)

    Thanks!

  4. #310
    Regular Member jump-smash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ Kwun
    my heart thumping very fast when I saw the photos
    good job
    you got talent of a professional photographer

  5. #311
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cupertino
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    my quick review on the VT80.

    i played around 5 or so games with it. the demo that Synergy brought had BG66UM on it at around 26lbs. it is pretty tight as it was done in a ES5Pro.

    the VT80 is a very good all around racket. it is fast, but not incredible fast like the BS10; it is powerful, but not incredibly powerful like the SW35; it has a decent solid feel but not SW35 type solid. but that makes it rather ideal for most players. kinda like a ARC10. very good on all things but nothing in particular stands out higher than other.

    i only managed to spend a little time with it. and since it wasn't a string that i am familiar with, it was hard to make judgement on it. however, so far it feels like a very promising racket. i will try to borrow it longer next time to get a better feel for it.

    thank you to the folks at Synergy Badminton who brought a couple of VT80 demos for us to try.
    Seemingly, it's a pass for most guys who wants something out of the ordinary but is perfect for most mere mortals.

  6. #312
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    my quick review on the VT80.

    the VT80 is a very good all around racket. it is fast, but not incredible fast like the BS10; it is powerful, but not incredibly powerful like the SW35; it has a decent solid feel but not SW35 type solid. but that makes it rather ideal for most players. kinda like a ARC10. very good on all things but nothing in particular stands out higher than other.

    thank you to the folks at Synergy Badminton who brought a couple of VT80 demos for us to try.
    I wonder if the reason you're saying this is because technically speaking the VT80 is a little too stiff for you

    It is hard to believe that the VT80 will have a less stiff shaft compared to the SW35. I can only hypothesise that the SW35 is at your maximum [playing] stiffness tolerance such that every ounce of strength you put in to bend the shaft results in exponential power increase due to the extra stiff shaft, while the VT80's [playing] stiffness is just beyond that.

    I have a "veteran" friend who owns a few of the 1st issue Cab20 2UG5 and a Cab 22/20 Power (same 2UG5) which he insists that the latter is lighter and a lot less powerful compared to the Cab20. We all know the true technical reasoning behind the science, don't we

  7. #313
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    Seemingly, it's a pass for most guys who wants something out of the ordinary but is perfect for most mere mortals.
    We have all heard analyses of Matthias Boe having a little trouble with the extra stiffness of the VT80 when he first tested it.

    Surely you're not thinking that the VT80 will just be a traditional Arc10-esque racquet?

  8. #314
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattex View Post
    Thanks for the first impressions Kwun.

    I currently play with an ARC10 strung with NBG95 at 24lbs so I was very interested in your comparison. When you say it's kind of like the ARC10 do you mean purely in the fact that most people could just pick it up and play with it (it suits various styles very well), or that it actually plays a bit like an ARC10?

    I love my ARC10 and it's an excellent racket that doesn't get in the way of my game.
    Do you think the VT80 would have greater power output than an ARC10? I can hit pretty hard with the ARC10 anyway but just sometimes some extra zip would be good - especially when I don't quite have the time to prepare.

    One last question - In the UK the VT80 will be sold as 3U do you think this will make a big difference? (my ARC10 is 3U)

    Thanks!
    sorry for the misleading comparison. it does not play like an ARC10, it feel lighter and more head heavy, as well as slightly stiffer. ARC10 is a bit more weighty and slightly less head heavy. when i say it is like ARC10 because, as you suspected, i believe many people will pick it up and will not have bit problem adjusting to it (as opposed to say, ArcZ or Spira21 which only suit very specific players).

    the VT80 does have more power than the ARC10. it is a lively racket that gives out a nice rebounce. yes, that's something that i forgot to mention. it is a lively racket which is something that is very important to me when evaluating a racket.

    i cannot say much about the 3U as i think the one that i played with was a 4U. it depends how much difference the 3U has and where the weight goes. also notice that 3U is not necessarily 5g heavier, most likely it is only around 1-2g in order to cross the 85g threshold.

  9. #315
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    We have all heard analyses of Matthias Boe having a little trouble with the extra stiffness of the VT80 when he first tested it.

    Surely you're not thinking that the VT80 will just be a traditional Arc10-esque racquet?
    well, i think Boe is too weak!!

    no. it is not ARC10. the weight and balance are different and also slightly stiffer. but i think most decent intermediate player will be able to play well with it.

  10. #316
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    I wonder if the reason you're saying this is because technically speaking the VT80 is a little too stiff for you

    It is hard to believe that the VT80 will have a less stiff shaft compared to the SW35. I can only hypothesise that the SW35 is at your maximum [playing] stiffness tolerance such that every ounce of strength you put in to bend the shaft results in exponential power increase due to the extra stiff shaft, while the VT80's [playing] stiffness is just beyond that.

    I have a "veteran" friend who owns a few of the 1st issue Cab20 2UG5 and a Cab 22/20 Power (same 2UG5) which he insists that the latter is lighter and a lot less powerful compared to the Cab20. We all know the true technical reasoning behind the science, don't we
    too stiff. maybe, maybe not. i was able to make strong smash with it even though it did take effort. but i do agree that i am no where near the power level of professional players so what you said maybe true. but how many of us are?

    i really should do a A/B comparison of the VT80 with the SW35. at the point, i think SW35 is able to transfer power better.

    there are still many variables in the comparison, different tension, different string, different stringer, different grip. i need more time with both the VT80 and SW35 to make a proper comparison and review.

  11. #317
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justinpops View Post
    Do you normally play at 26lbs anyway or if its your preferres strings and tension what would you expect more from it?
    tension: it depends. different strings has different optimal tensions. eg. ZM62 to me has optimal playability tension at 27lbs. it is dismal durability at that tension, but heck, at least it plays well for a game or two before it self-destructs.

    the string that was there on the racket is a BG66UM, which prior i only played an evening with. which was not really enough to get a good understanding of.

  12. #318
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    @ Kwun
    my heart thumping very fast when I saw the photos
    good job
    you got talent of a professional photographer
    thank you.

    i went through this thread and while there are photos of the VT80 posted, none of which were sharp enough to give people a clear look of it. therefore after i learned that Synergy Badminton receive some VT80 (they say they got 12 of them) and will be bringing them over for demo. i drove up to where they usually play just to try it out and to take some pics to share. i am glad i did! and thank you Synergy!

  13. #319
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some more reviews/pics/comparisons (I assume ), including measuring the shaft thickness:

    http://home.ttymq.com/space-357-do-blog-id-52160.html
    http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/thread-175883-1-1.html

  14. #320
    Regular Member blindfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what the hell..... yonex TW indicates V80 is MEDIUM FLEX

    Attachment 93004

  15. #321
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    1,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, that's what it says on mybadmintonstore.com as well....

  16. #322
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    Actually, that's what it says on mybadmintonstore.com as well....
    alright. i will borrow the VT80 from Synergy tonight and actually measure it for the benefit of everyone. let's see how well that goes....

  17. #323
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Some more reviews/pics/comparisons (I assume ), including measuring the shaft thickness:

    http://home.ttymq.com/space-357-do-blog-id-52160.html
    http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/thread-175883-1-1.html
    i feel like BC shouldn't fall behind and provide measurements as well. back to Synergy i go...

    from what i read there, seems that at least one of the reviewer also indicates that the VT80 is not that difficult to use. another one says it is similar to AT700. which is interesting. maybe i will string up Janet's and do a comparison.

Page 19 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 69 119 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80
    By prosthick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 01-11-2012, 03:46 AM
  2. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By prosthick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 12-19-2011, 02:54 AM
  3. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 12-17-2011, 05:00 AM
  4. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-17-2011, 04:59 AM
  5. WTB/FT: Yonex Voltric 80 (VT80) G4 for either VT80 G5 or MX80 (UK, London)
    By Naim.F.C in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 05-27-2011, 11:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •