User Tag List

Page 20 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 70 120 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The black one is the badmania.fr one based on their own testing. Interesting to see they (also) list the 8DX as medium-stiff which was my impression on the first try as well but with a quite hard "hit feeling" as per the JP bar
    (could've been the minimalist barely overlapped overgrip I had on just the wood as well "having" to go back up to a G4 stock after having been spoilt with G5 for a while )

There are several more VT80 threads on badmintoncn, most measuring BP of 303-305 but at least 300+ but for one it's too stiff (9000X) if google isn't too far off and indeed for the other quite similar to AT700
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-09-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    We have all heard analyses of Matthias Boe having a little trouble with the extra stiffness of the VT80 when he first tested it.

Surely you're not thinking that the VT80 will just be a traditional Arc10-esque racquet?
    Frankly, I was in that train of thought; another Arc10ish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Arc Saber 10 feels like Spira 21 only more flex
    maybe Arc Saber 8 DX is as stiff as Spira 21 and just maybe feels even closer

as for Voltric 80 I still haven't got the chance to hold one in my hand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    sorry for the misleading comparison. it does not play like an ARC10, it feel lighter and more head heavy, as well as slightly stiffer. ARC10 is a bit more weighty and slightly less head heavy. when i say it is like ARC10 because, as you suspected, i believe many people will pick it up and will not have bit problem adjusting to it (as opposed to say, ArcZ or Spira21 which only suit very specific players).

the VT80 does have more power than the ARC10. it is a lively racket that gives out a nice rebounce. yes, that's something that i forgot to mention. it is a lively racket which is something that is very important to me when evaluating a racket.

i cannot say much about the 3U as i think the one that i played with was a 4U. it depends how much difference the 3U has and where the weight goes. also notice that 3U is not necessarily 5g heavier, most likely it is only around 1-2g in order to cross the 85g threshold.
    Thanks for that. I thought that's what you probably meant. I play a reasonable amount of singles and it looks like this racket might be a bit better in this regard than the Arc10 (not that the ARC10 is particularly lacking in this regard).

I like the fact that you say the racket is lively. The ARC10 is extremely proficient but as a result I sometimes feel it's a bit clinical - although it's still a pleasure to use.

Also thanks for pointing out that a 3U racket isn't necessarily a full 5g grams heavier - I hadn't really appreciated that before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i feel like BC shouldn't fall behind and provide measurements as well. back to Synergy i go...

from what i read there, seems that at least one of the reviewer also indicates that the VT80 is not that difficult to use. another one says it is similar to AT700. which is interesting. maybe i will string up Janet's and do a comparison.
    I'd be interested to read a comparison between the VT80 and the AT700. I have an AT700 but hardly use it anymore because I find it hard to be consistent with it - a combination of the head-heaviness, general perception of weight and small sweet spot.

I played a few games with the ARC-Z last week and quite liked that racket - I didn't have nearly as much trouble with it as the AT700. I think this is probably because it moves through the air a lot faster than the AT700 and so is defensively a lot better and just generally easier to
    manoeuvre.

I am hoping the VT80 is more Z-slash than AT700 in terms of swing speed and aerodynamics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so far, any detailed reviews?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    so far, any detailed reviews?
    not yet. the racket is still new and it takes time. i did went and borrow the demo from synergy yesterday. played more with it. but still trying to understand the racket.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add Petya Nedeltcheva to the user list (from Z-Slash interestingly enough) and Michael Fuchs (from Oliver T-50 Power?). Add Zakry (MAS) as well ... and Chris Adcock (also from Z-Slash).

@ Kwun: treat it like a BS10? ie.: work it , same as an 8DX (tried that one?)
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-10-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow: Shoji Sato and Naoki Kawamae as well (from NS8000? or [3]Naoki Kawamae/Shoji Sato[VT70/ARC10] (JPN) lately?? http://www.yonex.com/interests/news_...ategory1=Topix)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can get the 4U version for VT80 at Malaysia. Just call one shop at Puchong, they said they only got the 3U.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the defeat of LD by LCW using his VT80 ... the sales should be rocketing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets not forgetting the dane getting the MD using VT70/VT80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next up is VT90!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my VT80 yesterday.

Watch out for my full review by Friday.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very true, im pretty sure the sales will rise. but its not only the fact that LC won with the VT80 that intrigues me, its the shots that he's able to execute with it. yes he won against LD but it was a very comprehensive win and i think the VT80 played a role in it.

as the marketing tag line goes "destroy your opponent's defence". saw very sharp drops and smashes frm LC just now. though he did end up making a lot of errors when looking for the sideline. but control wise not many mistakes at the net unless the shuttle was sent tumbling to him...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lordisis View Post
    very true, im pretty sure the sales will rise. but its not only the fact that LC won with the VT80 that intrigues me, its the shots that he's able to execute with it. yes he won against LD but it was a very comprehensive win and i think the VT80 played a role in it.

as the marketing tag line goes "destroy your opponent's defence". saw very sharp drops and smashes frm LC just now. though he did end up making a lot of errors when looking for the sideline. but control wise not many mistakes at the net unless the shuttle was sent tumbling to him...
    If you saw Lee Chong Wei's SF game against Chen Long
    Lee Chong Wei smashed and hit the net 3 times !

Page 20 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 70 120 ... LastLast