User Tag List

Page 24 of 126 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 74 124 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alapongtai View Post
    that last pic kinda makes lcw seem dumb...no offense
    and im jw, why is yonex often abbreviated as YY?
    Look at the logo...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, and your last post makes you look kinda dumb....no offense.

Look at the stencil on LCW's racket? Looks like YY, yeah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alapongtai View Post
    that last pic kinda makes lcw seem dumb...no offense
    and im jw, why is yonex often abbreviated as YY?
    The company was initially named Yoneyama, after the founder's family name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YueFei View Post
    thats really good information..thx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Man, and your last post makes you look kinda dumb....no offense.
    Look at the stencil on LCW's racket? Looks like YY, yeah?
    i wasnt joking...just saying the truth -_- u disagree?
    and by your logic, your post makes you look kinda dumb as well since it didnt really tell me anything. the next poster did

Quote Originally Posted by YueFei View Post
    thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, so far i have tried this racket, previously was using the Z slash... I have to say the Z slash swings faster and mess up my smash timing a bit, before that I used to use armortec 700 and also the Woods N90... I will have to say that smashes on the VT80 is as good as lining woods N90 and armortec 700, and much better than the z slash... however when it comes to defending, i think the z slash is better, but VT80 is way better then armortec 700 in defence. Net play also is pretty impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll wait until the price is cooling down a lil bit..;-)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never thought of using my digital caliper for that!! Only use for string!!! I try tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    thanks. corrected. yes. it is 6.8mm. and it really is 6.8mm as i measured it myself with a digital caliper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    so my curious what is the different practically, feeling-wise, hit-wise other than just weight difference between 3U and 4U of this racket??
    I also looking an answer for that question. Anyone can help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who have already tried out the VT80, can someone compare it to the AT700 for me? thanks a lot!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VT80 replace the AT900,power smash and better swing than AT900 and better than AT700, if who's want less heavy than VT80,AT900 better take VT70 very good for smash & swing but for the fastest swing ever NS9900,no racket can't bit it, i play with more than 1 year and now i try my new racket VT70 1 week old. Any opion BC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Yonex vt80 review

Racket Model : Yonex Voltric 80 (SP)
    Specs : 3UG5
    Strings: Yonex Nanogy 98
    Tension: 31lbs , 1 Piece Stringing
    Stringing Machine : Yonex ESPRO
    Grip: Karakal PU Super Grip
    Shuttle Used: Yonex AS50

Initial Feeling
    This racket feels head heavy, the balance point is around 300mm. When I first swing the racket in the air, it feels very aerodynamic for a head heavy racket. Swing speed is much faster then the Armortec 700 or 900 Power, but slightly slower than the Z slash. Base line to base line hits was effortless. I just simply had a feeling that I am going to fall in love with this racket. Net play was pretty precise, with spinning net shots taking some time to get used to the feel. The raw power when smashing with this racket is amazing. However, I don't think I hear much of the difference with the Yonex sound filter technology. Probably just a marketing strategy... Receiving smashes with this racket was quite easy and I could control the placement of the shuttle pretty well. Flat pushes and drives takes a little more effort.

Game Time
    The different swing speed while smashing messed up my timing a little especially when trying to jump smash. After a few mistimed smashes, I got my grove and my goodness, I was banging the shuttle down like no other. Kind of reminds me of the good old armortec 700. Lifting the shuttle from the front of the net was quite easy too. Drop shots were pretty sharp, I actually had 2 drop shots which hit the net tape before dropping over. Net shots were very well executed. I managed to apply quite a lot of spin on the shuttle and cross court net shorts were very sharp. I would say that the racket shaft feels quite stiff, but not as stiff as the Li Ning N-90.

Conclusion
    I think I have found myself a brand new weapon. Certainly a good racket to try out if you like head heavy rackets, however, be aware that due to the faster swing speed, smashing will take some time to get used to. But once you hit the sweetspot, you can feel the raw power of the racket. Now I know why Lee Chong Wei was so lethal with his new racket.

Feel: 9/10
    Control: 9.5/10
    Power: 10/10
    Defense: 9.5/10
    Maneuverability: 9/10

Pros: Smashing Power, aerodynamic head shape, Nice feel, Color(Well done Yonex, awesome color scheme),
    Cons: None, except the sound filter which doesn't seem to make any difference

Jason Kok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkok7 View Post

Initial Feeling
    This racket feels head heavy, the balance point is around 300mm. When I first swing the racket in the air, it feels very aerodynamic for a head heavy racket. Swing speed is much faster then the Armortec 700 or 900 Power, but slightly slower than the Z slash. Base line to base line hits was effortless. I just simply had a feeling that I am going to fall in love with this racket. Net play was pretty precise, with spinning net shots taking some time to get used to the feel. The raw power when smashing with this racket is amazing. However, I don't think I hear much of the difference with the Yonex sound filter technology. Probably just a marketing strategy... Receiving smashes with this racket was quite easy and I could control the placement of the shuttle pretty well. Flat pushes and drives takes a little more effort.

Game Time
    The different swing speed while smashing messed up my timing a little especially when trying to jump smash. After a few mistimed smashes, I got my grove and my goodness, I was banging the shuttle down like no other. Kind of reminds me of the good old armortec 700. Lifting the shuttle from the front of the net was quite easy too. Drop shots were pretty sharp, I actually had 2 drop shots which hit the net tape before dropping over. Net shots were very well executed. I managed to apply quite a lot of spin on the shuttle and cross court net shorts were very sharp. I would say that the racket shaft feels quite stiff, but not as stiff as the Li Ning N-90.

Conclusion
    I think I have found myself a brand new weapon. Certainly a good racket to try out if you like head heavy rackets, however, be aware that due to the faster swing speed, smashing will take some time to get used to. But once you hit the sweetspot, you can feel the raw power of the racket. Now I know why Lee Chong Wei was so lethal with his new racket.

Pros: Smashing Power, aerodynamic head shape, Nice feel, Color(Well done Yonex, awesome color scheme),

Jason Kok
    Do you think this racket would work for an intermediate standard player with improving technique???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkok7 View Post

Initial Feeling

Game Time

Conclusion

Jason Kok
    do you think this racket suitable for double?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think when doing a review it's a good idea to say whether you play mostly singles or mostly doubles, and what level of play you're at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    2. Comes in 4U and 3U, this time 3U being the "main" weight (VT70's main weight was 4U thus having 4UG4 as the main specification available).
    What do you mean with "main" weight?? didnt know that a raquet got a main version.
    could you explain that in regards of the feeling or differences please?

jigglin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly play singles, but I do play doubles as well... I am currently studying overseas, but when I am in Malaysia, I played for school, and state, and also did play in the Majlis Sukan Negara tournament. Right now in the states, I also do play in a few badminton tournaments there. I am not sure if this racket would be suitable for improving technique, as for playability, I believe it is suitable for both singles and doubles. With the more aerodynamic frame, you can definitely play fast drives and flat pushes, however, after awhile you might get a little tired due to the head heaviness.