User Tag List

Page 29 of 126 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 79 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    What I've found over the years is this. Every player is different and we all have a slightly different style and technqiue because we are all different shapes, sizes and muscle structure. This combination means we will always feel different about a racquet as the next player.
    This is something I like about badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vt70

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    I am more used towards head lighter racket so would vt70 be more head light than vt80?
    as i knew all yonex racket heavy headed except NS9900 ..but if u like to use light headed, Yonex is not suitable for you..VT70 for me almost like AT700..VT 70 n VT80 both heavy headed but VT80 make your smash more power and accurate..sorry i cant explain which is more heavy headed..for me its almost the same...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bunbun View Post
    as i knew all yonex racket heavy headed except NS9900 ..but if u like to use light headed, Yonex is not suitable for you..VT70 for me almost like AT700..VT 70 n VT80 both heavy headed but VT80 make your smash more power and accurate..sorry i cant explain which is more heavy headed..for me its almost the same...
    What about NanoSpeed 8000, 7000, 6600, 4500, 3000, 2000?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post At700

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    @bunbun

Is your AT700 New generation or Old generation?
    i bought it quite sometimes..if i not mistaken..2 years ago..i dont know that one the old or new generation..AT700 is not suitable for me acttually...but i like to keep it...did u remember Ti10..i still have ti10 and AT600..Ti10 is a good racket but its feel soft ..so i just keep it at home..sorry to say i am a big fan of Yonex even i am not play well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Ns8000

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    What about NanoSpeed 8000, 7000, 6600, 4500, 3000, 2000?
    Last time i had NS8000 ..sorry regarding NS7000 6600 4500 or 3000 ..i never had...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    In my experience whilst less experienced players continue to select lighter headed racquets, it could be that they should look at head heavy racquets instead. I believe the heavier head will help them find the control required and the overall feel on their technique.
    The problem with that, is that it encourages beginners to play with their arm and not their wrist, because they end up having the weight in the head 'lead them around' the court which when I started made me feel less in control.

Everyone is different though, and it depends a lot on how strong you are. If you're a strong beginner you may be able to handle a head-heavy racket, but generally I think beginners should be looking at even weighted, solid rackets like the BS09, Arc7 and their ilk.

I think there's some merit for certain beginners trying a slight head-heavy with a mid flex shaft, like the AT Tour and BS11, because it helps with power delivery, but something like the Voltric 80??

Yet to be convinced.

Anyway, being that it's the 'holy grail' and all, I'll probably buy one and if it's not, can I send you the bill, Paul?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    The problem with that, is that it encourages beginners to play with their arm and not their wrist, because they end up having the weight in the head 'lead them around' the court which when I started made me feel less in control.

Everyone is different though, and it depends a lot on how strong you are. If you're a strong beginner you may be able to handle a head-heavy racket, but generally I think beginners should be looking at even weighted, solid rackets like the BS09, Arc7 and their ilk.

I think there's some merit for certain beginners trying a slight head-heavy with a mid flex shaft, like the AT Tour and BS11, because it helps with power delivery, but something like the Voltric 80??

Yet to be convinced.

Anyway, being that it's the 'holy grail' and all, I'll probably buy one and if it's not, can I send you the bill, Paul?

I don't know if you can see it but the type of personality you are giving off is full of disrespect for suppression of a better word. I don't know what he did to you but he must have done something horrible in return for how you are addressing him.

Paul never made any direct relationship between the "less experienced players" and specifically the "Voltric 80", he was simply suggesting the idea of head heavy racquets.

Paul says that all of his reviews are interpretations of his use with the racquet and are to be used as guidelines as with pretty much all reviews. Nice attempt at an insult.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be such a wuss.

For starters, if you think my post is an insult, then you really should either grow thicker skin or don't venture outdoors. I respect Pauls views as much as the next guys, but I also respect my right to disagree, counter argument, and have a bit of fun. It's not an attempt at an insult, because it's not an insult.

And I know he was not making a direct recommendation for the VT80 for beginners. He was making a suggestion for head heavy rackets for beginners (This is the VT80 thread and his review was for the VT80, right?), and I have proposed a counter-argument.

I don't give a rat's if you can't handle dialogue. Make sure to surround yourself with 'yes' men so your don't suffer from too much consternation.
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 03-19-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol... Voltric 80 talk please.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiser words hath never been spoken!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all, i have been visiting the forum but never posting much.

my 20 years old YY rackets (2 of them) broke the same day, talk about bad luck.
    i bought the new VT80. have to say, for the first game, it took me by surprise a bit of how tiring it brought on me, one game feels like playing two games. the smashing sound did sound different, but the placement was very accurate of where i want to put the shuttle. interesting mixed feeling.

this week i used it again for 3 hours, and this time i am totally loving it. once i got passed using a little bit of extra energy, it is really quite fun. still sweat like crazy but equally enjoyable with the smashing and placement. even drop shots are nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe u like to tell us wat are the models of yr old yy rackets?

Quote Originally Posted by jokarenshum View Post

i bought the new VT80. have to say, for the first game, it took me by surprise a bit of how tiring it brought on me, one game feels like playing two games. the smashing sound did sound different, but the placement was very accurate of where i want to put the shuttle. interesting mixed feeling.

this week i used it again for 3 hours, and this time i am totally loving it. once i got passed using a little bit of extra energy, it is really quite fun. still sweat like crazy but equally enjoyable with the smashing and placement. even drop shots are nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    Maybe u like to tell us wat are the models of yr old yy rackets?
    they are carbonex 21 and aerotus 110.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jokarenshum View Post

Having come from the same experience.....this racket is really an energy sucking racket. been playing with headlight/balance racket for some years but after 3-4 sessions, i finally getting used to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, any comparison between VT80 and victor MX80. Kind of comparing aple with aple?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys let's keep to the topic as someone has already said.

Maklike is entitled to his opinion. We haven't had bad words in the past. Whilst I found his reference to liking me with P.T. Barnum offensive, because he was known as a showman and almost a clever deceiver, he's entitled to comment even though I've never coached him.

I receive around 20-30 emails per week from players around the world asking me which racquet is best. I give the same answer, pick them up and test as I can't be the judge for them - we're all too different and i haven't even seen the player in action.

I happen to think the Voltric 80 is the best Yonex racquet I've ever played with. However, you may think it's terrible. That's OK. My review is my opinion based on a lot of badminton experience and a very fortunate position of being able to test a lot of racquets for comparison.

I've yet to test Voltric 5 and 7. I won't get the chance this week, but I may have a go at my next residential coaching weekend which is only a few days away.

So look out for more Voltric reviews.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, the main difference between the MX80 and VT 80 are:
    - Feel: MX80 is much more lively (ie: more feedback) and the racquet seems more instantly repulsive (to the bird). VT80 on the other hand has more subdued feel and the racquet seems to hold the birdie for a bit longer before taking off (which is true for most YY racquets)
    - Mobility: MX80 is more agile than VT80, so likely a better candidate for doubles for a typical rec player (i know the Danes use VT to win AE2011, but they are not your typical doubles player and they cannot go outside of YY racquets because of their sponsorship)
    - Power: VT80 has more oomph than MX80, although it will take good technique and wrist strength to unleash it
    - Netting: VT80 probably a bit better here for me, but it comes down to your feel of the racquet, I think..

I am not saying which one is better, as it differs person from person, but these are my general observation after playing a weekend with these racquets.

Page 29 of 126 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 79 ... LastLast