User Tag List

Page 31 of 126 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    Li-Ning ??? I don't think so
    Victor and Yonex are more likely
    Nothing is impossible, no one would dare predicted Victor 5 yrs ago.
    ATM, Victor sponsors Korea, Thailand, Vietnam and I heard also Phillipines. Li Ning sponsors China (ofcourse), Singapore and Australia. And the rest (INA, MAS, DEN, etc) are still in YY hand. The question is how long? To me, its a matter of when more than if.

I can not reveal too much about the exact figure how much Li-Ning is paying the national team players, but its more than 3 times figure YY is prepared to pay. If say today Li-Ning come to PBSI, there will be no reason for PBSI to reject the proposal.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    ...snip....

I can not reveal too much about the exact figure how much Li-Ning is paying the national team players, but its more than 3 times figure YY is prepared to pay. If say today Li-Ning come to PBSI, there will be no reason for PBSI to reject the proposal.
    But would LN be interested in partnering PBSI?

YY has a special thing happening with PBSI, the PBSI logo is found on all their flagship racquets. PBSI would not settle for less than this distinction now, with anyone else. How do you think CBA would react if LN were to stick the PBSI logo on all their flagship models?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that Li-Ning is going to pay as much to sponsor players from other countries. Its Chinas largest sporting goods company sponsoring Chinas National Team. Just like Yonex will never give up sponsoring the Japanese team regardless of how well they do (or don't do).

Regardless, neither li-ning nor victor have the world wide appeal of Yonex and probably won't for a few years yet. They also don't have the distribution channels, marketing... etc.

Right now I own mostly Yonex (15), Victor (3 soon to be 4 when mx80 is released in Canada), Panda Power, Zelm and a Karakal but no Li-Ning... absolutely no interest in buying a racket for more than the cost of a Yonex from a company that's been making badminton rackets for less than 2-3 years.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any VT80 experiences from Canadian BCers? How about some of our national players? Would they like to share?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    I doubt that Li-Ning is going to pay as much to sponsor players from other countries. Its Chinas largest sporting goods company sponsoring Chinas National Team. Just like Yonex will never give up sponsoring the Japanese team regardless of how well they do (or don't do).

Regardless, neither li-ning nor victor have the world wide appeal of Yonex and probably won't for a few years yet. They also don't have the distribution channels, marketing... etc.

Right now I own mostly Yonex (15), Victor (3 soon to be 4 when mx80 is released in Canada), Panda Power, Zelm and a Karakal but no Li-Ning... absolutely no interest in buying a racket for more than the cost of a Yonex from a company that's been making badminton rackets for less than 2-3 years.
    Li Ning acquired Kason before made their own brand ...

Apacs, Ashaway
    Bensini, Babolat, Bonny
    Carlton
    Dunlop, DC Badminton (Panda Power)
    Eagle
    Fleet, Forza, Flypower, Flypower-Arbi, Flexpro
    Gosen
    Hiqua, Head, Hart
    I
    Joobong, JPSee
    Kintex (KX), Kawasaki, Kumpoo, Karakal, Kaierte, Kason
    Li Ning
    Mizuno
    N
    O
    Pro Kennex, Prince, Proace, Protech
    RSL, RCL
    SOTX
    Toalson
    U
    Victor
    Wilson, Winex
    Yonex, Yang Yang
    Xeppex
    Zelm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recently LN sponsor Mohd Hafiz Hasyim (MY player) as individual player..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    But would LN be interested in partnering PBSI?

YY has a special thing happening with PBSI, the PBSI logo is found on all their flagship racquets. PBSI would not settle for less than this distinction now, with anyone else. How do you think CBA would react if LN were to stick the PBSI logo on all their flagship models?
    As long as the PBSI sticker is not part of the China distributed good, there shouldn't be a problem. Just like YY put PBSI logo only in some distribution region. At the end of the day its how much $$$ a sponsor can bring in, its all that matter most.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe not as much as they provide to Chinese players, but they will not hold back from beating what YY give to any player.

Maybe not yet, but they will. LN will attack from the top and Victor from the ground up. By that I mean, LN is obviously a big company so it makes sense for the to have stores like the ones I've seen in Shanghai and Singapore as well as getting the products into some distributors or whole sellers, on the otherhand I never seen a single YY store in my life. Thats obviously because YY uses a well connected distribution channel through sports shops, but thats it nothing else. Victor, as far as i know is bypassing YY requirements to become a dealership, in other words, its a lot easier to become a Victor agent compare to YY. For example YY requires you to have a front shop to become an agent, Victor doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post

Apacs, Ashaway
    Bensini, Babolat, Bonny
    Carlton
    Eagle
    Gosen
    Hiqua, Head, Hart
    I
    Joobong, JPSee
    Li Ning
    Mizuno
    N
    O
    RSL, RCL
    SOTX
    Toalson
    U
    Victor
    Wilson, Winex
    Yonex, Yang Yang
    Xeppex
    Zelm
    Actually we had that list (thread) somewhere here at BC. But the funny thing is, seems like only the latter LETTERS gained big market share. Like, Yonex, Victor, RSL, Sotx!

LiNing actually has at least 3 competitions from defectors who found it profitable so they looked for venture capitalists to fund for their own setup (they got their own IPOs as well in a short span of time relative to how long LiNing became public)! LiNing seems to be more concentrated on apparels than racket technologies.
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 03-24-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Maybe not as much as they provide to Chinese players, but they will not hold back from beating what YY give to any player.

Maybe not yet, but they will. LN will attack from the top and Victor from the ground up. By that I mean, LN is obviously a big company so it makes sense for the to have stores like the ones I've seen in Shanghai and Singapore as well as getting the products into some distributors or whole sellers, on the otherhand I never seen a single YY store in my life. Thats obviously because YY uses a well connected distribution channel through sports shops, but thats it nothing else. Victor, as far as i know is bypassing YY requirements to become a dealership, in other words, its a lot easier to become a Victor agent compare to YY. For example YY requires you to have a front shop to become an agent, Victor doesn't.
    LN is building / has built? a big store in Seattle from what I remember. Their first store in north america I believe. Keep in mind that I think they are trying to follow the Nike model (not just their swoosh), but Nike did not try to open their own store front until they were firmly established. Also, I'm sure doing business in China is significantly different than the rest of the world. They are basically vertically integrated, design, build, sell... cut out all the middle men and all the profit goes in your own pockets. The older model of distributors and retailers is fast disappearing except for the largest stores. In the future I can see many manufacturers offering direct selling to customers (again not for a few years).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post

Apacs, Ashaway
    Bensini, Babolat, Bonny
    Carlton
    Eagle
    Gosen
    Hiqua, Head, Hart
    I
    Joobong, JPSee
    Li Ning
    Mizuno, Masuka
    N
    O
    RSL, RCL
    SOTX
    Toalson, TACTIC
    U
    Victor
    Wilson, Winex
    Yonex, Yang Yang
    Xeppex
    Zelm
    * added TACTIC and Masuka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys, we are getting off topic here, my mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still looking for VT80 4UG5 version. Just wondering if this version is available in Malaysia.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Yonex Racquet Matrix

Got this off the YY website...

Attachment 94452

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Got this off the YY website...

Attachment 94452
    Since when the head heaviness of ARC8dx is the same as ARC10? It should be lighter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VT80 4uG5 in Malaysia

(still looking for VT80 4UGin Malaysia) may be at singapore ...3UG5 i thinks for malaysian market...i m also looking for that version...
    Last edited by bunbun; 03-25-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: wrongly information

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has there ever been anything SP in 4U (when 3U is also available)? Better chance in Thailand I would think ...

Page 31 of 126 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 ... LastLast