User Tag List

Page 34 of 126 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 84 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agozz View Post
    vt80 at AJ Puchong is RM599 with yonex bg66 and karakal grip..

just survey last weekend, they only have 3U..

4u have to wait another 3-4 weeks!
    Racquet World at Kompleks Pertama got 4U but at price RM650.

Maybe can negotiate to get better price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol dang this racket is seriously causing a scene these days haha
    raping my email inbox like no other ... i just unsubbed LOL
    but it is indeed a beautiful racket. but not sure if its worth getting.. hmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Almost no racquet from Yonex has had my attention since the At700Ltd. If this racquet is as similar to my dragons, I'll buy a bunch of them. Hopefully they'll feel more like the AT700 than the AT900P
    it feels like much better than AT700 and better then AT900P..that is my opinion...i got both of them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=txv611;1651063]I checked and found lowest price for vt70 at sgd215 and vt80 at sgd244 in Singapore.

Anyone has cheaper source?

In JB u can get RM590 with Nanogy98...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alapongtai View Post
    lol dang this racket is seriously causing a scene these days haha
    raping my email inbox like no other ... i just unsubbed LOL
    but it is indeed a beautiful racket. but not sure if its worth getting.. hmm
    for me its worth..

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarlBkk View Post
    I'm importing some VT80s for UK - one on ebay already if anyone is interested (135 strung).
    135 for a TH code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the VT 70 more forgiving than the VT80 in general? For an advanced beginner/intermediate player. Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    I checked and found lowest price for vt70 at sgd215 and vt80 at sgd244 in Singapore.

Anyone has cheaper source?

world cheapest source is not other than bangkok...
    anyone flying over to BGK soon ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually AFAIK, YY UK are not going to be making the G3 grip size the standard size anymore, they are going to use G4 and G3 may be phased out...

I have a feeling that in Bangkok, they will be around US$160 not much more than that for a TH code....

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, or you want 160 for a UK code? Only difference may be handle diameter. Nothing else. Mine are 4U and G4. In UK usually G3.

I live in BKK and know the import source. Can export to Malaysia/SG no probs by EMS - the more rackets per pack the cheaper postage of course.
    Export to SG?! It doesn't even cost that much over there. You can get them for €140 retail over here even ... not imported and full warranty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the new batches of TH-coded racquets do not come in g4 grip sizes, only g5 is available (assuming your racquets are TH-coded).

Yep, or you want 160 for a UK code? Only difference may be handle diameter. Nothing else. Mine are 4U and G4. In UK usually G3.

I live in BKK and know the import source. Can export to Malaysia/SG no probs by EMS - the more rackets per pack the cheaper postage of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

carlbkk,
    may i know how much VT80 was selling at BGK now?
    got 4U version in stock?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got a VT80 3UG5 that is strung with BG66 Ultimax at 29lbs. Will test it out later tonight.
    Review would be posted this evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played with the VT80 for a couple of hours last night.

Only the 3U G4 version is available in the UK, mine is strung at 23lbs with BG80. I had an overgrip on but despite this I think the G4 grip size is tiny bit too small for me. Once I got used to it I was fine but it was an extra adjustment I had to make.

So how did the racket perform?

Overall very well. My timing on all my shots was fine bar the smash.

Smash:

My smash is my biggest weapon but for the first few I was completely mistiming it! This was to the extent that I was missing the shuttle completely some of the time. This was strange because I’d played with an ARC Z-Slash for a few games a couple of weeks ago and had no such problem with timing. After about three or four games my smash slowly returned. When the racket properly connects with a smash though it’s incredibly satisfying. The sound filters make the racket sound different to my ARC10 but not necessarily better.

Even by the end of two hours though I wasn’t getting quite the angle I should. However once I get used to it I think it’ll provide much more power than my ARC 10. Compared to the AT700 I think this is leagues ahead in usability on smashes – its sweet spot is much more forgiving and so slightly mistimed smashes don’t rob you of as much power as they do with the AT700. I think also getting the racket head into the right position with the VT80 is easier. I can’t really say at this stage which one is more powerful at optimum.

Other shots and general observations:

Clears were nice. The extra weight in the head certainly helps produce cleaner shots with less effort than my ARC10 and I think in general head stability is better. Drops are harder to assess at the moment because I need more time to get used to them but essentially I think the VT80 has no particular weakness here versus the ARC10. Lifts were good, nothing major to write home about but reliable.

Net play was surprisingly good. I think the extra weight in the head really did help with general racket position awareness. And because manoeuvrability was far better than I expected the racket actually performed very well here. I didn’t have to return too many hard smashes and so really assessing the VT80’s defensive credentials is hard. I’d say from the short experience I’ve had so far that it’s far and away better than the AT700 and probably a touch better than my old AT500 despite being much more head heavy. I’d probably have to say that at this point it’s not as good as the ARC10 in general defensive terms. However the racket is actually very agile and it’s probably just a matter of getting used to it.

The racket shaft feels much more flexible in game than I expected and must be down to its crazy thinness. Forehand drives really get some oomph as a result.

The head heaviness didn’t make me nearly as tired in the arm as the AT700 and whilst it was a bit more fatiguing than the ARC10 in reality it was better than I thought it might be.

If I think of anything else to write I’ll add to this review. Questions welcome.

Edit: I think I do probably need to build up the grip abit though. What is the best way of doing this without making it feel too spongy? Can I just add a second overgrip or do I need to take off the existing overgrip and add a second normal grip over the original? Thanks!
    Last edited by Cattex; 03-30-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cattex I think it would have played even nicer with a few more lbs on the bg80. Especially since this racquet has 26lb warranty tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzaman View Post
    Cattex I think it would have played even nicer with a few more lbs on the bg80. Especially since this racquet has 26lb warranty tension.
    I normally play with 24 llbs but I lowered it a bit for the VT80 because I'd read various comments on the 'net about the racket being a bit unforgiving. Having used it I don't actually think this is the case so I will increase the tension back up to 24 once it needs restringing. I might try 25 or 26 possibly.

I think it's a racket that will benefit from higher tensions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voltric says "Tri-voltage". What a marketing scheme ..... sounded like you need to install batteries in the racket. LOL

Page 34 of 126 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 84 ... LastLast