User Tag List

Page 37 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 87 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monkey17 View Post
    i thought the vt80 came only in 4u. with all this talk it kinda seems like the vt80 is better than the arcz, is that really true??? is there really that much of a difference in smashes between them??? what about everything else???
    I think you should read through this thread first...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got my voltric80-- eager to try it out on court but first have to get it stringed tomorrow-- gonna have it at 24lbs with nanogy 95.. im sure ill be hating it at first since i've been using nano8000 for 5 years now-- but im more of a smasher and i've had played with AT700 before as well..

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

gentlemen, cut it out or we will have to start banning people.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

moved all the off-topic posts to the appropriate topic:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...66#post1655166

any attempt to make stupid comments again will result in immediate ban.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ London Player

Arc 10 does not differ much with VT 70. If you want a smooth transition, i guess you should stick with VT70. however if wanna try something new, enjoying another dimension on your characteristics of playing, i guess you should give VT 80 a try.

Arc 10 is a good all around racket, VT 70 will make you play faster and try to intercept at the front of the net, VT 80 will make you a big smasher at the back, Arc 10 could do both of the tasks but have no specialty.

It depends on what position is suitable for you when it comes to play double.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Licin for your comments.

I was thinking instead of VT80 which is not available in 4U I could consider AT 900T in 4U. What you think? My smash is not that powerful and so maybe I could do with some extra oomph!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ London Player

VT 80 is available in 4U. Please ensure that you measure the weight of 3U and 4U VT 80 before you bought it, and choose the one that is suitable to you, because as far as i know, 4U is not necessarily lighter than 3U, some is even heavier.

Instead of 4U AT900T, i would go for 4U AT900P...but still it depends on your style of play, whether you are a smasher or placement player at the net. what kind of player are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have both the 4U and 3U, the 3U is definitely more powerful but you can really feel the weight in the head when on defence. My 3U is over 89g with a balance point of 305mm. I don't know that I'll use it much as my 4U is much lighter at 83.2g, still has a BP of 306mm though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the 3U VT80, it's certainly a power smash weapon for its head heavy.

Forehand & backhand clear just so easy without much effort.

Anyhow, to me, i wouldnt buy racquet spec too alike cos it's limit my potential to play.

If I already had a 4U head heavy, then I might buy a 3U head heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by :renegade: View Post
    Hai all,
    I not used to give a review about racket coz I’m not an advanced player. Just an average player who played 2 hour session twice a week. i follow this thread since it started. Here i just want to share my experience playing with VT80 4UG5 strung with BG66 Ultimax 24 lbs. Currently i owned ARMORTEC 70 MEGA G2 (aka my wining racket) and Apacs Feather Weight 200 (bought this racket coz want to improve my defence but it give me problem to clear and smash coz it too light). One would ask why i want to upgrade from AT70 which is for beginer/intermidiate to such a good racket and meant for advanced player (like kwun said that "Beginners really shouldn’t get anywhere near this racket as it is too demanding"). The reason is simply coz i got the money, it got good review from u guys and want to owned a racket that LCW used to win all england 2011 . Just played with it yesterday and i noticed that i feel really tired after 2 games and the racket feel heavy. Before i bought it, i measure the weight which is 83gram and compare with VT70 3U which is 88gram. My AT70 also 3U but it feels lighter. It feel like i got huge power in my hand but i cannot deliver it. Maybe because of the stiffness of the shaft. But my backhand is improving. Surprisingly some of my backhand clear is out at the back of the court.
    Maybe i should play more hours with this racket to get used to it. I think, it is a challenge for an average player like me to tame this beast.
    Hi,
    Play with my VT80 for second time on 2 hours session last Sunday. But this time I put an overgrip on it. Somehow the feeling is different; maybe G5 grip is very small to me. I noticed that my VT80 feel lighter. Maybe by adding overgrip it transfers the weight to the grip and the head feel lighter. Any comment?
    Overall after 2 hours session, my defence is improving. 2 times my drop shot hit the net before went to opponent court. I tried to slice the shuttle at the net, and the result is great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by :renegade: View Post
    Hi,
    Play with my VT80 for second time on 2 hours session last Sunday. But this time I put an overgrip on it. Somehow the feeling is different; maybe G5 grip is very small to me. I noticed that my VT80 feel lighter. Maybe by adding overgrip it transfers the weight to the grip and the head feel lighter. Any comment?
    Overall after 2 hours session, my defence is improving. 2 times my drop shot hit the net before went to opponent court. I tried to slice the shuttle at the net, and the result is great.
    Overgrip eh? Let me try. I still feel tired with my hand, though control is fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply.

At900P is ideal for hard hitters and find these kinds of rackets hurt my arm, just recovered from tennis elbow recently, been playing for 20 years, so don't want to risk it.

I'm both at doubles; when shots dictate, though I'm not known for my big smash but known for technical and strategy shots. I tried Nanospeed 9900, didn't like it all. I guess I like med-stiff rackets, so that could mean V70 or 900T. I'm sure either of these two could generate more power than Arc 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    ......VT 80 will make you a big smasher at the back....
    completely agree. woke up this morning with a sore arm but BIG smile.

tried my voltric80 for the first time last nite and went into a "smash happy" mode at the back of the court.

great racket but like all stiff racket, player swing speed has to be as fast to make good use of it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ London Player
    If thats was the case. You are right either VT70 or AT900T could generate more power than Arc 10.
    All the best on your search..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i broke my zslash last week and now i played two times with the vt 80 string bg 66 um. 10,5 kg ( 23,15 lb) - i love the voltric vt 80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawwg View Post
    i broke my zslash last week and now i played two times with the vt 80 string bg 66 um. 10,5 kg ( 23,15 lb) - i love the voltric vt 80
    Sold my zlash to a friend recently but damn i missed it like hell!!! will the VT80 make me forget my zslash, for real!!??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by izwanj_79 View Post
    Sold my zlash to a friend recently but damn i missed it like hell!!! will the VT80 make me forget my zslash, for real!!??
    I instantly forgot my Z-Slash once I own it lol

Page 37 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 87 ... LastLast