User Tag List

Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 88 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Let us know after 1+ hour of use
    Will do so. I've already put in an order so hopefully I'll get it within a week or so.

I have to admit that at first, I hate the look of the racket in pictures, but when I see the racket outside. I think it rather looks pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone translate this :

Got this from Yonex Korea website:

http://www.yonex.co.kr/product/list.asp?ca_id=101019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phonetically the left bar says head heavy - head light and underneath it says balance not sure what the word on the right graph is but I'm assuming stiffness (sorry my vocab sucks)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://badminton-coach.co.uk/1936/yo...acquet-review/

The opinion of a Yonex sponsored England Coach. Hope this helps, keep in mind bias.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how would you guys say the vt 80 compared to the woods n90 ii?? oh and is the only difference between the ii and the i the looks and the signature on the shaft of the racket?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lindanftw View Post

The opinion of a Yonex sponsored England Coach. Hope this helps, keep in mind bias.
    There's just no way a decent player (let alone a professional player) should react so "enthusiastically" to a badminton racket. Don't get me wrong, I'm enthusiastic with my own rackets too, but not to the extent of saying it's the "holy grail" of all rackets or imply that my level of play improves by 10-fold. If your level of play improves so much with a racket, most likely you are one or more of the following:
    1. Technically unsound.
    2. Using a "low-end" racket before.
    3. Marketing the racket because you are sponsored by the brand of the racket.

Not to hijack the thread, but in my opinion, if you gave Lee Chong Wei an Apacs Lethal 60/70 or Tantrum 200/300 to practise and play with, he would still have most likely won the All England Open Final against Lin Dan. Who knows, he might have performed even better...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul is a member of this forum and has already commented in this thread... if you do a search you'll find his comments and those who discussed his comments.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    There's just no way a decent player (let alone a professional player) should react so "enthusiastically" to a badminton racket. Don't get me wrong, I'm enthusiastic with my own rackets too, but not to the extent of saying it's the "holy grail" of all rackets or imply that my level of play improves by 10-fold. If your level of play improves so much with a racket, most likely you are one or more of the following:
    1. Technically unsound.
    2. Using a "low-end" racket before.
    3. Marketing the racket because you are sponsored by the brand of the racket.

Not to hijack the thread, but in my opinion, if you gave Lee Chong Wei an Apacs Lethal 60/70 or Tantrum 200/300 to practise and play with, he would still have most likely won the All England Open Final against Lin Dan. Who knows, he might have performed even better...
    Players or professionals can react subjectively. Paul is a highly respected member of BC, and I hasten to say, I have never met him or spoken to him personally. He was asked for his opinion; he gave it. You may not necessarily agree, but he has given his honest opinion. His turn of phrase was to drive home the point about how highly he thinks of this racquet. He has always been very clear about his relationship with Yonex, and always at pains to point out that it does not affect his opinions/reviews.

I think it is more than a bit unfair to cast aspersions on the integrity of a person the way you just did. Besides, your first sentence kinda implies a higher moral code of appreciation that you are aware of that maybe we are not.

Your point about the Apacs etc is however, well taken. Though again, we will never know, will we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by :renegade: View Post
    Could someone translate this :

Got this from Yonex Korea website:

http://www.yonex.co.kr/product/list.asp?ca_id=101019
    Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    phonetically the left bar says head heavy - head light and underneath it says balance not sure what the word on the right graph is but I'm assuming stiffness (sorry my vocab sucks)
    Word on the right graph means hitting feel

http://www.yonex.com/voltric80/main.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Players or professionals can react subjectively. Paul is a highly respected member of BC, and I hasten to say, I have never met him or spoken to him personally. He was asked for his opinion; he gave it. You may not necessarily agree, but he has given his honest opinion. His turn of phrase was to drive home the point about how highly he thinks of this racquet. He has always been very clear about his relationship with Yonex, and always at pains to point out that it does not affect his opinions/reviews.

I think it is more than a bit unfair to cast aspersions on the integrity of a person the way you just did. Besides, your first sentence kinda implies a higher moral code of appreciation that you are aware of that maybe we are not.

Your point about the Apacs etc is however, well taken. Though again, we will never know, will we?
    Exactly, and that's how I've reacted to his review - subjectively, but perhaps with an element of bias (whether intentional or not).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    Paul is a member of this forum and has already commented in this thread... if you do a search you'll find his comments and those who discussed his comments.
    And an english coach, not an England coach ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    And an English coach, not an England coach ...
    I wouldn't have done this if you would've kept that nice avatar with the blonde badminton player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, just got my vt80 , it feels great. Now im wondering whether to put karakal grip over the yonex ori grip or should i just get a overgrip and put over the ori grip ?
    PReviously my racquet is about 3mm bigger than the vt80 current ori grip cause it's a G5 ( for the vt80 )anyway.

ANy opinion guys ?
    Last edited by avengers88; 04-08-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello u want to buy voltric 70 sp,3U,G4 i have one to trade in for rm499,just used 3 time with string BG66 100% very good condition no chip paint at all., if u interested just email me smartboxs@gmail.com

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    I wouldn't have done this if you would've kept that nice avatar with the blonde badminton player
    I thought(knew) that was wrong but I just remembered I had turned off the spelling check yesterday (and I think it's just plain wrong to use caps for adjectives period ). The "blond" girl = Li-Ning girl , but this weekend is college icehockey finals: "Frozen Four"

Quote Originally Posted by muslepower View Post
    hello u want to buy voltric 70 sp,3U,G4 i have one to trade in for rm499,just used 3 time with string BG66 100% very good condition no chip paint at all., if u interested just email me smartboxs@gmail.com
    Selling VT70 in the VT80 thread?

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...3-Buy-amp-Sell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got some additional hours under my belt with the VT80 and I have to say I think that the racket does a very good job of not compromising too much.

Despite being as heady heavy (basically) as the AT700 it's definitely a cut above it in handling.

I don't usually play with feathers because they are so expensive in the UK but I played at a new club on Wednesday that uses feathers exclusively. I started off with my Arc10 because it's the racket I am most used to and I wanted to make a good impression.

Things started fairly well but I was finding that on smash and drive returns the Arc10's head wasn't very stable - think the extra weight and force in the feather shuttle was a big problem for me to adjust to. After a few games with the Arc10 I swapped to the VT80 and it was like a new world opened up. The head was much more stable and the speed I was able to generate on defensive shots was much better.

The VT80s head weight really does help stabilise smash returns when you get the timing right - the other thing it allowed was more reliable net play. The Arc10 wasn't bad in these respects but the VT80 was just better.

I was surprised because I didn't think that the VT80 would actually be better suited to feathers particularly. But in my two hour session with them it certainly seemed to be (for my game anyway).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cattex View Post
    I've got some additional hours under my belt with the VT80 and I have to say I think that the racket does a very good job of not compromising too much.

Despite being as heady heavy (basically) as the AT700 it's definitely a cut above it in handling.

I don't usually play with feathers because they are so expensive in the UK but I played at a new club on Wednesday that uses feathers exclusively. I started off with my Arc10 because it's the racket I am most used to and I wanted to make a good impression.

Things started fairly well but I was finding that on smash and drive returns the Arc10's head wasn't very stable - think the extra weight and force in the feather shuttle was a big problem for me to adjust to. After a few games with the Arc10 I swapped to the VT80 and it was like a new world opened up. The head was much more stable and the speed I was able to generate on defensive shots was much better.

The VT80s head weight really does help stabilise smash returns when you get the timing right - the other thing it allowed was more reliable net play. The Arc10 wasn't bad in these respects but the VT80 was just better.

I was surprised because I didn't think that the VT80 would actually be better suited to feathers particularly. But in my two hour session with them it certainly seemed to be (for my game anyway).
    Well, I'm surprised that you thought it is better than the AT700 (is your AT700 and VT80 strung at the same tension?) but it's still too early to call. Anyways, will call it a confirmation once you've had at least 20 hours on your VT80 plus maybe one restring so that your new racquet has done a proper break-in.

Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 88 ... LastLast