User Tag List

Page 39 of 126 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 89 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cattex View Post
    I've got some additional hours under my belt with the VT80 and I have to say I think that the racket does a very good job of not compromising too much.

Despite being as heady heavy (basically) as the AT700 it's definitely a cut above it in handling.

I don't usually play with feathers because they are so expensive in the UK but I played at a new club on Wednesday that uses feathers exclusively. I started off with my Arc10 because it's the racket I am most used to and I wanted to make a good impression.

Things started fairly well but I was finding that on smash and drive returns the Arc10's head wasn't very stable - think the extra weight and force in the feather shuttle was a big problem for me to adjust to. After a few games with the Arc10 I swapped to the VT80 and it was like a new world opened up. The head was much more stable and the speed I was able to generate on defensive shots was much better.

The VT80s head weight really does help stabilise smash returns when you get the timing right - the other thing it allowed was more reliable net play. The Arc10 wasn't bad in these respects but the VT80 was just better.

I was surprised because I didn't think that the VT80 would actually be better suited to feathers particularly. But in my two hour session with them it certainly seemed to be (for my game anyway).
    did u use 4U or 3U?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used 3U - for all my rackets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look at my voltric 80 .. Just got it and realised the shaft connectd to the cone area is making sound ..

http://www.twitvid.com/ZIAVW

Should i claim warranty ? DOes it affect the effectiveness in gameplay cause i think claiming warranty would be a hassle ..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avengers88 View Post
    Take a look at my voltric 80 .. Just got it and realised the shaft connectd to the cone area is making sound ..

Should i claim warranty ? DOes it affect the effectiveness in gameplay cause i think claiming warranty would be a hassle ..
    Why take a chance? Try to claim or ask for a replacement. It is new, isn't it? Are you sure it's genuine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's new and genuine. The claim will take a long time to process. Could take up to a month or even longer !

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah it's new and genuine. The claim will take a long time to process. Could take up to a month or even longer !
    Your call... I would talk to the retail guy I bought it from and ask him to hurry it through. At least let him know there is a problem (preferably by email) and check his response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh, such a tough luck. Performance wise should be okay I guess. It better be, otherwise i'll claim the warranty. Better than buying a defected product. Was disappointed with Yonex though, thought their quality control would be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the same problem with my Armortec 500 and Armortec limited. Both of the cones got cracks and made sound everytime I hit. Performance still the same but the sound was annoying. One of the reasons I decided no more Yonex. If you compare with Victor cones, they have U shape on the part that connecting the cone with the shaft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just strung my VOLTRIC 80 with BG66UM. My first impression after a few hours of play is the best ever head heavy racket that I ever had.
    (beside my AT900P, AT700..)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    just strung my VOLTRIC 80 with BG66UM. My first impression after a few hours of play is the best ever head heavy racket that I ever had.
    (beside my AT900P, AT700..)
    what string tension do u use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it really felt different. went for a swing last week. 1st time... was thinking of using a different string,but then .,all my sticks were all either Ti-68 or Bg 65, so i opted for the same.

and the tension is @ 27lbs.

initially,feels awkward,heavy...not heavy for me... i remember a guy who came into the shop just slightly after me,weighing up and testing,swinging 3U and 4U...kept asking the boss,felt heavy,this that.... until my stick was strung and i left,he's still at it... lol..

clears are effortless,swings are fast...ummm...just felt different... other than this? well,i cant say much... i play for fun... i cant play well...so ,nothing much to say... lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all, i m using VT80 4U with BG66 25lbs tension. But during my smash i feel the string like too soft. Should i change it to better tension say 26lbs? or my contact point problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edvine View Post
    hi all, i m using VT80 4U with BG66 25lbs tension. But during my smash i feel the string like too soft. Should i change it to better tension say 26lbs? or my contact point problem?
    Edvine,
    Where and how much you buy that VT80?
    at AJ puchong, they can offer at RM599 with bg66 and karakal grip.. but they only have 3U..
    as for your feel soft-smash, maybe you can switch to BG 66 ultimax with 26/27lbs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agozz View Post
    Edvine,
    Where and how much you buy that VT80?
    at AJ puchong, they can offer at RM599 with bg66 and karakal grip.. but they only have 3U..
    as for your feel soft-smash, maybe you can switch to BG 66 ultimax with 26/27lbs?
    can u tell me why u do prefer 4U instead of 3U?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3u is 4-5 gram heavier than 4u..
    hence, fast movement smashing and defends (doubles) is good with 4u.. of cos have to sacrifice a bit the smash power..
    while 3u normally most suitable with singles...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Well, I'm surprised that you thought it is better than the AT700 (is your AT700 and VT80 strung at the same tension?) but it's still too early to call. Anyways, will call it a confirmation once you've had at least 20 hours on your VT80 plus maybe one restring so that your new racquet has done a proper break-in.
    The VT80 is strung at 23llbs and the AT700 at 24 both with BG80 - but I think when the string on the VT80 breaks I'll raise it to 25, although I might go for 26.

I always found the AT700 just that bit too slow on defence for me. The VT80 is just that bit better yet the balance points for both my copies are virtually identical (perhaps because the VT80 is G4 and the AT700 is G3). Also the sweet spot on the VT80 is much more forgiving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried it last week. I could not stand it, too head heavy for me as I'm a diehard NS9900 user. Perhaps I should try the 4U next time. That said it's the most powerful head heavy racket I ever tried.

Page 39 of 126 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 89 ... LastLast