User Tag List

Page 43 of 126 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 93 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bunbun View Post
    i think li-ning much expensive then yonex...then the paint colour and design not so....my thought...
    I have to agree, Yonex, while over priced, is still the leader and can justify their prices on R&D, advertising and sponsorships. Li-Ning cost more than Yonex, have only been in the racket game for a couple of years and don't sponsor near as many tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to buy vt-80, but I confused about SP and JP version. Which is better?
    For weight, I prefer to buy 3U (85-89.9g) since my old li-ning racket was 86g
    Finally, anyone knows the price of both VT 80 JP and SP? especially in Indonesia: surabaya city
    any input/suggestion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
    Finally, anyone knows the price of both VT 80 JP and SP? especially in Indonesia: surabaya city
    any input/suggestion?
    The JP's version racket offers a better quality in paintjob and material. They also are more bit expensive than SP's version.
    About the VT80 price in Surabaya, beats me.. I had no ideas..but you can try search it in the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    The JP's version racket offers a better quality in paintjob and material. They also are more bit expensive than SP's version.
    About the VT80 price in Surabaya, beats me.. I had no ideas..but you can try search it in the internet.
    This has never been objectively proven, it's always been subjective. All high end Yonex rackets are made in their japanese plants, whether they do a special run for JP versions or choose the best from QC testing or no difference at all, no one can say for sure. There has always been a perception that JP is better though.

Let's think about the first option rationally... do you really think that Yonex will change out the materials in their raw material bin to better quality, change the paint out in their machines, turn the manufacturing machines to "high" (if there is such a thing), just for the few hundred that are JP coded?
    Last edited by druss; 04-19-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    This has never been objectively proven, it's always been subjective. All high end Yonex rackets are made in their japanese plants, whether they do a special run for JP versions or choose the best from QC testing or no difference at all, no one can say for sure. There has always been a perception that JP is better though.

Let's think about the first option rationally... do you really think that Yonex will change out the materials in their raw material bin to better quality, change the paint out in their machines, turn the manufacturing machines to "high" (if there is such a thing), just for the few hundred that are JP coded?
    It boils down to the idea that "higher price = better quality"...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree, Yonex, while over priced, is still the leader and can justify their prices on R&D, advertising and sponsorships. Li-Ning cost more than Yonex, have only been in the racket game for a couple of years and don't sponsor near as many tournaments.
    Not just that, but I've heard of quality control issues as well. Grommets breaking, wooden handles being messily cut or shaped etc. Unacceptable at such prices. I think all the brand need a big overhaul in pricing. But for now, Victor is priced most reasonably imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    Today, I'll check for the price at some of major stores in my city. Thx for reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This perception really confused us as buyer isn't it?
    In the internet, the difference only about 500.000 idr ($55) between JP and SP version. Some say that SP version are abbreviation for "South Pacific" which means The SP racket for sale in south pacific area but others opinion SP version worse than JP version, extreme opinion even say that it shaft can broke when we smash too hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Not just that, but I've heard of quality control issues as well. Grommets breaking, wooden handles being messily cut or shaped etc. Unacceptable at such prices. I think all the brand need a big overhaul in pricing. But for now, Victor is priced most reasonably imo.
    In my country, there are also some value brand such as victor like hart (rudy hartono) and astec (susi susanti and alan budikusuma), but my choice was always yonex maybe it bcoz yonex technology and quality perception has been poisoned my mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any input/suggestion?

Asia Sport near Pasar Atom, Golden Sport @ Jalan Kedungsari, Guntur Sport - cross KFC mulyosari

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    I have sworn not to buy anymore Yonex stuff, because of the cracking cones. Two of my yonex high end (Armortec 500 and Armortec Limited) have cones that cracked and making sounds everytime I hit the birdie, however performance wise is the same.
    But.....this VT80....hmm such a beauty. Am I right Naim. LOL. I just bought it. And It got TW coded in its serial number. I bought it at Surabaya.
    Haven't had a chance to play with it though. Hopefully tonight.

In my country, there are also some value brand such as victor like hart (rudy hartono) and astec (susi susanti and alan budikusuma), but my choice was always yonex maybe it bcoz yonex technology and quality perception has been poisoned my mind
    For the time being, I believe Victor is the best, in terms of performance. I had 3 BS 10, broke the latest one I bought (such an irony), 2 left. Never before in my history I had more than one type of racket at the same time. And now still waiting impatiently for the Victor MX80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whenry View Post
    Asia Sport near Pasar Atom, Golden Sport @ Jalan Kedungsari, Guntur Sport - cross KFC mulyosari

I have sworn not to buy anymore Yonex stuff, because of the cracking cones. Two of my yonex high end (Armortec 500 and Armortec Limited) have cones that cracked and making sounds everytime I hit the birdie, however performance wise is the same.
    But.....this VT80....hmm such a beauty. Am I right Naim. LOL. I just bought it. And It got TW coded in its serial number. I bought it at Surabaya.
    Haven't had a chance to play with it though. Hopefully tonight.

For the time being, I believe Victor is the best, in terms of performance. I had 3 BS 10, broke the latest one I bought (such an irony), 2 left. Never before in my history I had more than one type of racket at the same time. And now still waiting impatiently for the Victor MX80.
    Yes, I'm going to ask the racket in asia sport. Yesterday I have been gone to royal sport and store beside it, and they both doesn't have vt-80

Are you for sure?? Cracking cones? What a nightmare..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s3160717 View Post
    I have been using VT80 4UG5 Nanogy 95 24lbs for 2 weeks..the smash is powerful,repulsive,accurate, and consistency..this racket is worthy of purchasing..i will change to nanogy 98 25lbs for next time which i believe i will definitely perform better..i want to buy VT80 3U..
    dude, where r u from? mind to trade ur 4UG5 with my 3UG5?strung with BG66UM @25lbs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say I'm curious about the VT80. Didn't manage to play a game with one last night, but I did have a swing and a fondle and was surprised it didn't feel like a plank like I was expecting. Surprised how not-so-stiff the thing was, to be honest, which is good.

Doesn't seem like a particularly fast racket as the guys that were playing with them last night weren't having the best short games I've ever seen, but at least it did make a nice sound when they unleashed the smash....

....which I then returned with ease with my lightning quick Bravesword 12!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I'm going to ask the racket in asia sport. Yesterday I have been gone to royal sport and store beside it, and they both doesn't have vt-80

I had the same problem with my Armotec 800 Offensive
    when I shake it ... it makes this sound from it's handle / cone
    I think it's loosen a bit
    but that was after more than 5 years usage
    I think that's quite normal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I can surmise from many of these threads is that in general, Victor have a very good customer satisfaction track record. We have people highly commending the BS10, BS12 and MX80. Whatever Victor are doing, they seem to be doing right. I'm tempted to try the BS12 now, but I got a lot more power out of the MX80 compared to the BS10, and am afraid it will be the same with the BS12. But you never know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, pretty sure. My Armortec 500 cone got loose also, and I glued it back my self. LOL. The performance still the same though.
    There is one guy at this thread has some problem already with VT80. You can check it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually care less and less about power. Honestly, smashes just have to be disruptive enough to put the opposition on the back foot so you or your partner can get an easy kill. At my level anyway, 90% of smashes just come straight back anyway, so I'd rather utilise their disruptive qualities and concentrate on good placement, and the best way to do that is with a fast racket.

Anyway, I get more satisfaction from winning a tight tussle at the net. It's the guy at the front that wins the point the majority of the time, and power is worth nothing there.

Just my 2c

Page 43 of 126 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 93 ... LastLast