User Tag List

Page 55 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 105 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about your friend who uses the VT70 (and can't smash well with it)?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    How about your friend who uses the VT70 (and can't smash well with it)?
    His backhand clear is better than mine. He's weak in drops and netplay. I would say I'm slightly better than him (before getting new rackets).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Differs from individual to individual... That is why there has to be such a large range of racquets!

Ie for me I love the armortec700 to bits... cant say much about the newer version of it. Arcsaber 10 was suppose to be a backup for the armortec700 but plays very differently... felt i need to flick the wrist more for the power... not being a direct replacement. However I was presently surprised about the VT80... that it has the power feel of the 700 and also responses to lighter touches at the net... meaning moving faster too..

That said... a different person will definitely feel very different... no two person reacts the same or plays the same

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good points owen27. That's why I'm not convinced that paying extra (eg. for Yonex rackets) gives better performance. In fact, it may give poorer performance.

Anyway, will look forward to testing the VT80 when someone else in my club gets it!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Good points owen27. That's why I'm not convinced that paying extra (eg. for Yonex rackets) gives better performance. In fact, it may give poorer performance.

Anyway, will look forward to testing the VT80 when someone else in my club gets it!
    Definitely...a new racket =/= better performance. Look at my friend with the VT70. His play worsened to the point where he's considering selling it or using it as a backup racket and going back to his old racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, had the chance to try this thing out today. It was a 3UG5 strung with NBG95 @ 25lbs, and is quite far from my ideal settings. However, I adjusted my timing as best I could and played my heart out enough to get a fair impression. First off, my main racquet(s) are the AT700LTD's and I was not impressed with the VT70 when I tried it out. At best, the VT70 to me felt like an even headlighter version of the At900P (which I already find a little light) and the power was worse that it. Was not expecting much more from this one as Yonex's trend seems to be making only speedy racquets.

Well, initial feel of the VT80 definitely felt like it had potential as it feels more headheavy, dare I say more headheavy than my LTD's. Initial warm up felt good and very comparable to the LTD shot for shot. Power wise, I'd say it's at least as powerful as LTD's (more on that in a bit). What I felt that differed the most is the end point whip. It seems that with the slimmer shaft, the VT80 is slightly easier to whip in order to generate power. Where I noticed this the most was during repetitive smashing. Where normally I would start having slight fatigue on the LTD, the VT80 seems to allow me to sustain power for longer. All other aspect of the racquet were similar enough to the At700's. Max power wise, I think my LTD's were slightly stronger today, but that's most likely due to it not being my ideal string and tension. The potential for sustaining power on the VT80 has my attention and approval.

Overall, this racquet is similar enough to the AT700 so that I wouldn't mind switching to it. Powerwise, you still need to be a headheavy racquet user to get the most immediate benefit from it. Just for reference, the racquet I hate the most from all the Yonex lines is the ARC10. If you like the ARC10 and can generate loads of power from it, get ready for some serious 180 degree timing adjustments!

Hopefully I'll be a owner of one sooner than later and string it up to my liking and do a more in-depth comparison. My partner who's a AT900P user, tried it out and found he was actually slower, but slightly stronger with it which follows well with my view. So if you're an AT700 lover/purist, this is finally a Yonex racquet worthy of adding to the family.
    Last edited by Optiblue; 05-15-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone happen to know the exact weight of a 3u and a 4u VT80? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
    Does anyone happen to know the exact weight of a 3u and a 4u VT80? Thanks.
    VT80 3UG4 roughly weight between 95-100 gr with string and grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avengers88 View Post
    I agree blitz statement. I have the vt80 and seriously I'm not a very strong guy. However I'm already getting use to the vt80 and can use it for the whole 2 hours session wit a lot of swings and smashes. It's the technique that counts and there r times where both arm and wrist are needed. If u concentrate on using just one, it would be tiring and by the ed if the session, ur arms or wrist will be too tired to move.
    Are you using 3U or 4U?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey sxg, I'm using the 3U version. The 4U might be more forgiving but the 3U is pretty heavy for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avengers88 View Post
    Hey sxg, I'm using the 3U version. The 4U might be more forgiving but the 3U is pretty heavy for me.
    hey! thanks for a fast reply .. may be you can help me with the following:

I have a choice to buy - 1 Voltric 80 4U for a price, which is just $60 more than having 1 AT900P LCW (3U) + 1 NS9000X.

I am an intermediate player, never own Yonex, I play both doubles and singles... and 80% offensive.

what you would do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sxg2009 View Post

I have a choice to buy - 1 Voltric 80 4U for a price, which is just $60 more than having 1 AT900P LCW (3U) + 1 NS9000X.

I am an intermediate player, never own Yonex, I play both doubles and singles... and 80% offensive.

what you would do?
    A 900P 3U and $60 for shoe budget + an extra 9000X.. sounds like a no-brainer to me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sxg2009 View Post

I have a choice to buy - 1 Voltric 80 4U for a price, which is just $60 LESS than having 1 AT900P LCW (3U) + 1 NS9000X.

what you would do?

please see color coded correction>> ... I typed it wrong!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 racquets for the price of one... in my opinion u cant go wrong with top range racquets... it differs little when up the table... once ure used to it it will be ur best friend..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sxg, i think u should give vt80 a try. Since it's 4u it will be easier for u to handle. It would be just the matter of time till u get use to the vt80. And especially u like to be offensive, this racket is gonna help u even more in ur smashes and clear. Take the vt80 u won't regret it

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can anyone please compare the VT80 with a Woven-7 for singles play?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sxg, go with two rackets....u will get better altenative to play both at same time. that at900p/ns9000x is consider high end....why limit to only 1 racket?

if u don't like it, sell it...

Page 55 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 105 ... LastLast